April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sky said:
Speaking of "asinine," One of the executives at Fontana Nissan purchased and received a Leaf and then sold it to the "next customer in line" fortheir store.

assuming the final sales price was the same as the original quote and that the customer was okay with not receiving the tax credit, I don't really see a problem with it; actually kinda seems like good customer service to me (i.e. the dealer is willing to give up his own personal car to help out his clientele!)

earther said:
Sky said:
Speaking of "asinine," One of the executives at Fontana Nissan purchased and received a Leaf and then sold it to the "next customer in line" fortheir store.

assuming the final sales price was the same as the original quote and that the customer was okay with not receiving the tax credit, I don't really see a problem with it; actually kinda seems like good customer service to me (i.e. the dealer is willing to give up his own personal car to help out his clientele!)

We don't know what the final sales price was. In fact, how would we know if the sales was not written as original so the customer would get the tax credit. So while this may look like good customer service, it really could have several faces. Not only could the price be much higher to make more profit, but what about all the other Nissan of Fontana customers that are waiting for their leaf? What does "next customer in line" mean. Does Nissan of Fontana have their own "line" of customers they are serving by purchasing leafs thru the Nissan system and selling them outside the system? Was this a private sale, or dealership sale? Was the Leaf ever registered to a person in the dealership and sold as a used car, or was it sold as a new car? If it was sold as a new car, then the dealership bypassed the whole reservation process for one of their customers? So, was a leaf purchased by the dealership on speculation and resold? Did the customer have a reservation or order, or just bypassed the reservation system. Does the dealership have other cars ordered they plan to sell?

There are just too many questions making this sale look much more suspicious than just good customer service.

Sky said:
There are just too many questions making this sale look much more suspicious than just good customer service.
Fontana has a very good reputation here. No reason to doubt their intentions.

drees said:
Sky said:
Fontana has a very good reputation here. No reason to doubt their intentions.
I'll go farther than that...absent some evidence or real reason to drag their names through the mud, I suggest the mods close this little smearfest down.

Agreed davewill.

Throughout the entire process they have been nothing but honest and upfront. They don't need to take a hit on the chin based on some anonymous forum user's conjecture.

smkettner said:
Way to go IBELEAF :D Glad to hear the wheels are still turning out deliveries :D
How close was the DB estimate at the end? Mine is steady at the 22nd :D

It was a day earlier then Week of estimate. Initially dealer wanted to take a day to prep the car, so we were going there today with the intention to just sign paperwork. When we got there, he showed us our Leaf, in the shop charging, and I don't know what happened, but he offered to take it today. So it saved us a 60 mile round trip and I got it a day earlier then I wanted. Initial impressions as with everyone else, pretty happy with the car. On my way home I was constantly looking at people trying to see if the car gets noticed, but it didn't appear like it drew too much attention. Only when I got home, the neighbor stopped by and was asking a lot of questions and constantly "WoWing".

I still can't stand the interior light fabric and already have temporary seat covers. When I was putting them I noticed how it's impossible to get your hand underneath the seat, hopefully I don't get my cellphone fall there. Also, I wished there would be 2 cig charges, but I think I can get by with an adapter. No range anxiety, but it may come later when we travel to further distances.

One final note is that dealer (Rairdon) said that he will be delivering a lot of LEAFs this month. He mentioned number 47, but I was too excited to hear if he meant in a week or a total for a month.

I am surprised Leaf's are still being delivered. I wonder if these were the ones that had already left the port before all were halted for the fix. My leaf is still not here and dealer says no clue when the next Leaf will be released.

I asked dealer about the issue with A/C and he was clueless, but I figure I'll test it myself in the dealership parking lot when it will be more convenient.

IBELEAF said:
On my way home I was constantly looking at people trying to see if the car gets noticed, but it didn't appear like it drew too much attention.
I drove the Hertz rental LEAF last weekend in downtown New York City and no one seemed to notice. When I stopped at the service plaza (not to get gas, of course) on the Palisades Parkway, no one noticed. Average folk don't seem to notice anything special about the LEAF. Here on the east coast LEAFs are REALLY few and far between so far (I've never seen one in the wild), and still no one notices.

Do we really know that ther eis a port fix for this "A/C" bug? I know it is speculated here a lot but there are no corroborating facts to support that they are doing anything at the port. And if there is a bug, wouldn't they be recalling the early deliveries for a fix? and wouldn't more owners be reporting it?

SteveInSeattle said:
Do we really know that ther eis a port fix for this "A/C" bug? I know it is speculated here a lot but there are no corroborating facts to support that they are doing anything at the port. And if there is a bug, wouldn't they be recalling the early deliveries for a fix? and wouldn't more owners be reporting it?
There is a honking big thread on it. If you are concerned I would suggest testing your vehicle before you take delivery. I am trying to assume the fix will be done at the port.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3139&start=440

Today I got the "your car is ready" phone call!! 14 days after the 7-day email, but right on the "week of..." email. Of course I'm on the East coast and can't get it for two days...

smkettner said:
If you are concerned I would suggest testing your vehicle before you take delivery. I am trying to assume the fix will be done at the port.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3139&start=440

What is the procedure for testing for the AC "bug"? Is there a step by step in the thread? If not, it would be great to have one we could follow. Also, how is there a way to tell if the fix or update or whatever has been applied to the leaf (to address the AC "bug") ? Anyone? Thanks!

jlaw99 said:
What is the procedure for testing for the AC "bug"? Is there a step by step in the thread? If not, it would be great to have one we could follow. Also, how is there a way to tell if the fix or update or whatever has been applied to the leaf (to address the AC "bug") ? Anyone? Thanks!
I think you need to just run the air conditioner. Possibly you need to remotely precool the car. Test might be dependent on ambient temperature.
The air conditioner thread (link above) should have lots of details.

Back