April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oregonLEAF said:
surfsnow said:
Question: For people having "double VIN#", when they click on "Owner's Portal", it shows up 2 VIN# under "MY VEHICLES" of the Nissan Owners page?
Correct.
More specifically, the MY VEHICLES tab has two white boxes, each with a black LEAF, each box containing the same information except for the VIN. Each box has a blue bar below it. In my case the first one says "VIEW LEAF PIN AND PASS" but the second says "VIEW LEAF AGREEMENT" since I have so far refused to admit to myself that I have lost my VIN=670 car.

If I follow the "Edit Vehicle Profile" link the information in the two records matches except for VIN, and for the lack of any CARWINGS data in the second one. Even the "PURCHASE RECORDS INFORMATION" is identical, both showing the same reservation number and "Offer accepted". Both also show two home assessments, one completed and the other canceled. The first must be Aerovironment. The second is presumably EV Project.

It seems curious to me that they show interior and exterior color, but no hint of trim level. I know I ordered an SV but I have no direct information as to what the second one is. My dashboard only indicates one vehicle, which it says is an SV.

Ray

Boomer23 said:
blorg said:
Got a call from my dealer just now, my Leaf is IN!!!!

We were planning to pick it up tomorrow, since my wife has the day off, but the dealer wants me to come by tonight to do the bulk of the paperwork as they would like to have it on the March books. Then do the official delivery appointment tomorrow as planned.

My question is this:
Since my wife wants to drive it before agreeing to actually buy it, and she can't go tonight (I can, she can't), is there a problem with this? I mean, if I do all the paperwork, does that lock us in completely? Or when we go for delivery tomorrow can we still back out (in the very unlikely event that my wife freaks out about something)?

the last two cars that cost me more than 30k were delivered to my house.
this dealer needs a wake-up call.

"Nissan Motor Co. expects to resume normal operations at all its plants in Japan by mid-April. Production will be suspended the week of April 4 at its five assembly plants, including the Oppama Plant, where the Leaf electric car is made."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/world/2011/03/japan-disaster-continues-curb-auto-production

AmarilloLeaf said:
Next stop - a visit to Cadillac Ranch to pay homage to automotive history.
Be sure to take pictures and write some pro-EV graffiti! Something like "Save the Dinosaurs - Drive Electric" :p

It's a shame you can't drive up close enough to get both your LEAF and the sculpture in the same shot though! Maybe you can talk to the land owner and try to arrange a photo shoot? Couldn't hurt to ask.
=Smidge=

Smidge204 said:
AmarilloLeaf said:
Next stop - a visit to Cadillac Ranch to pay homage to automotive history.
Be sure to take pictures and write some pro-EV graffiti! Something like "Save the Dinosaurs - Drive Electric" :p

It's a shame you can't drive up close enough to get both your LEAF and the sculpture in the same shot though! Maybe you can talk to the land owner and try to arrange a photo shoot? Couldn't hurt to ask.
=Smidge=

Leaf%20Cadillac%20Ranch%20TS1sm.jpg

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/tTMwQJJQUTOOesuXuDngr01Gi8CFYuw-r0ZxdPmh6BE?feat=directlink

Leaf%20Cadillac%20full%20sm.jpg

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/bd2dun15_RzMxsH-RRItLk1Gi8CFYuw-r0ZxdPmh6BE?feat=directlink

Yep, it's a bit of a walk to get to the actual cars, but you get the idea here....

I stopped by my PD on the way home from the San Francisco BayLEAFs meeting in Redwood City today (see separate thread), and what I found is that they have not released the VIN numbers to the PD's for most the 1500 cars that are in Long Beach. I asked my sales guy to display my screen on his dashboard, and even that showed "month of April 2011" on it. However, I did ascertain that I am high enough up in their ordering queue that I will get covered by their April allocation. So, that likely means mine (as well as many of the lost orders) is down in Long Beach waiting to get processed and released. They told me to expect a call in the 2nd half of the month. BTW, they are nearly as frustrated as we are by the lack of information.

Amazingly my LEAF was delivered to the dealer on April 1, holding to the April delivery month originally posted on the dashboard. The sales executive prepared the car yesterday morning and I drove it home early afternoon. Nice sales experience which took less then 2 hours. I found a control panel backplate left in the trunk and am wondering what this is all about...

waiting4leaf said:
surfsnow said:
Any "owner-to-be" have Week April 18th received any update? Like "7 Day" e-mail?

I have a week of April 14th and I did NOT receive the 7 day email yet.

My "week of April 14th" changed to "week of April 22nd".

surfsnow said:
Any "owner-to-be" have Week April 18th received any update? Like "7 Day" e-mail?

Fixated on week of April 18 for about 3 weeks. No emails - no changes - no luck.
VIN 686

I just spoke to the dealer. I was supposed to be March delivery but my car is not here yet. Looks like there might not be any car being delivered in near future probably for weeks. The A/C Issue seems to have put all deliveries on hold including mine. I wish I had known that it was my option that delayed my car and as luck would have it, after I deleted my option, my car got held back for the A/C issue.

So I would not pay too much attention to those dates. My date says "march 31st" :)

From Nissan Chat:

<Rep>: Yes. They are attempting to fix the issue prior to the release of anymore LEAF vehicles. We don't have any specific information of the timing of those repairs.

<Rep>:Your delivery may not be affected by this issues. As delivery dates come close those vehicles are being addressed first that are scheduled to arrive to the dealer first. Since your scheduled delivery date is within the next week you can expect to receive yours at that time. The dealership typically wont receive your vehicle from the port until up to 2 days before it is to be delivered.

<Rep>: This means that the issues with the A/C are being address for those who have not yet take ownership of their vehicle. I am showing no delay for your LEAF at this time.

Back