April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy for you but sucks that you're before me.

4/20 reservation
10/1 order
May delivery date (for now)

BrianSanDiego said:
cdub said:
So... carwings opened up yesterday for me... So supposedly the EV project will be contacting me soon to do the charger install?

What's been everyone else's experience with this?

Baker Electric called me this moring about the install. CARWINGS opened for me about two weeks ago. Never actually got a call or email from the EV project, just their contractor assigned to do the work.

Hope this helps.

- Brian VIN # 1053. "Week of April 6th"

supernoman said:

4/20 reservation
10/1 order

I also have a 4/20 reservation and 10/1 order.
I had an April delivery date and received an email Saturday changing it to Pending again.
I have had enough of being jerked around. Worst experience I have ever had buying a car.

BudRaymond said:
supernoman said:

4/20 reservation
10/1 order

I also have a 4/20 reservation and 10/1 order.
I had an April delivery date and received an email Saturday changing it to Pending again.
I have had enough of being jerked around. Worst experience I have ever had buying a car.

Oh come on - you can't really blame them for the most recent delay.

And - soon we'll all have our cars, in a month or a couple of months... and all of this will be forgotten.

Actually, I can. If they were actually going to deliver my car in April, it should have already been built and on its way out the door. The fact they have the tsunami as an excuse is bullsh*t.

Bud,

Automotive and other industries are having supply chain issues, the earthquake and tsunami hit 10 days ago, on March 11th. If your car was going on the boat on the 12th, you could have had an April delivery.

If it wasn't on a boat by the 11th, it's definitely been delayed. Nissan builds approximately 70-80K cars a month and sends them all around the globe from factories around the globe, it's a pretty complex logistical problem.

We all wish we had our Leaf's earlier, that Nissan had ramped production volume much faster. We all know this vehicle is completely different than what Nissan has sold to date. And the earthquake and tsunami are real.

I think having an estimated delivery date one the website and receiving email updates is great. It takes the sales middleman out of the equation.
Have they annoyed some people having data than changes, absolutely. But I for one would not want to have it where I didn't know anything until the dealer called me. And it saves me from hassling the dealer too.

Jimmy

PS many of us may be lucky by 1 day, as a shipment of 600 did leave on 3/10.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/greencaradvisor/2011/03/nissan-notifies-leaf-customers-of-quake-related-delivery-delay.html

Nissan has said that a shipload of 600 Leafs left Japan for the U.S. on March 10, but the company had taken 20,000 advance reservations for the car when it suspended U.S. ordering last year and recently said about 40 percent of those reservation were resulting in completed sales. That would mean that 8,000 or so customers could be impacted by the delay.

I was moved from week of 4/15 to 4/14 to 4/11 to 4/7, but still no VIN. I'm surprised that others seem to have gotten their VIN while still "month of" or with week of "late April". Any comments?

lzendle said:
I was moved from week of 4/15 to 4/14 to 4/11 to 4/7, but still no VIN. I'm surprised that others seem to have gotten their VIN while still "month of" or with week of "late April". Any comments?
Did you use the owner's portal or just waiting for carwings? My carwings is not available but the owner's portal let me add the car and VIN.

lzendle said:

If you have a "week of" then you have a VIN - you need to log into the owners portal to see it.

BudRaymond said:
Actually, I can. If they were actually going to deliver my car in April, it should have already been built and on its way out the door. The fact they have the tsunami as an excuse is bullsh*t.

Not necessarily... it could have been scheduled to go out on the 14th or the 19th - which would have still meant April delivery.

The tsunami screwed that up obviously. You can't blame Nissan for a natural disaster.

Also - if you were scheduled for April delivery - there's a chance your care made in on the last boat out - you'll find out in a week or so.

cdub said:
lzendle said:

If you have a "week of" then you have a VIN - you need to log into the owners portal to see it.

I have the week of April 7, but Carwings has not been enabled, and you have to get it enabled to register on the Owner's Portal to see the VIN. That's my understanding, anyway.

lzendle said:
cdub said:
lzendle said:

I have the week of April 7, but Carwings has not been enabled, and you have to get it enabled to register on the Owner's Portal to see the VIN. That's my understanding, anyway.

X2

The portal lets me log in but states "you have no vehicles"
Try to add but it asks for the vin #

CS says I will receive an e-mail 3/30 inviting me to activate Carwings and will then give me a vin. I questioned them why not sooner since my delivery date is bouncing between 3/30 and 4/12 (not even 2 weeks) they replied Carwings can be activated 20 minutes before delivery and "not to worry." Then my delivery date promptly changed to week of 4/14 (2 weeks). That will teach me.

LonghornLeaf said:
We all wish we had our Leaf's earlier, that Nissan had ramped production volume much faster. We all know this vehicle is completely different than what Nissan has sold to date. And the earthquake and tsunami are real.

I think having an estimated delivery date one the website and receiving email updates is great. It takes the sales middleman out of the equation.

This isn't the first unusual electric vehicle I've ever purchased. I purchased a Rav-4 EV in 2/2002 from Toyota of Hollywood. Smooth process. I paid money and they gave me a car. I think it took about 6 weeks. Toyota didn't start accepting orders until they were almost ready to deliver them.
I blame Nissan for taking reservations a greedy year in advance of when they would be ready to fulfill them. They only have themselves to blame for the low 40% order through. Few people plan out their car purchases that far in advance.

I also leased a Ranger EV pickup from Ford and was never jerked around. Nissan stands out alone in that regard.

You are a better EV man than me then.

But this is a completely different situation. Only about 1500 Rav4 EVs and Ranger EVs were ever produced/leased. Managing 1500, where almost all were put on the road in California through a small number of dealers is a different scenario.
You don't get gasoline out of the mix by only selling 1500. We'll have 15K Leafs on road shortly this year.

Nissan wants to be the leader in EVs, just like Prius, I mean Toyota, owns the hybrid mindshare in the market.
I can't fault Nissan for going bold here, I think it's less about being greedy (we paid $99 bucks) than taking a strong position in the market.

If they hit some issues when going into production, I'd be glad that they took the time to resolve them.

And of course the earthquake and tsunami are clearly beyond their control and a source of current frustration for those whose April deliveries have suddenly disappeared.

I originally had a month of May delivery.
My Carwings is open as well as the owners portal.
I have a "week of April 29th" delivery with a vin #1931.
I can see how someone who ordered in April 2010 and isn't this far along would be pi**ed. I really am in no hurry and was hoping for an end of summer delivery. I am gone from June until August. My Leaf will be lonely. :cry:
I have not gotten email from Nissan.

Black SL w/ QC
Res. 6-14-10
Ordered on: 01/25/2011
Confirmation number: 30931D86
Delivery week of April 29th

BrianSanDiego said:
cdub said:
So... carwings opened up yesterday for me... So supposedly the EV project will be contacting me soon to do the charger install?

Baker Electric called me this moring about the install. CARWINGS opened for me about two weeks ago. Never actually got a call or email from the EV project, just their contractor assigned to do the work.

Hope this helps.

Baker Electric is doing my install as well, I've heard nothing from either them or EV Project. My latest delivery estimate is April 13, so if it's anything like yours I guess I need to wait one more week to be able to schedule the install. They sure like to cut it close...

Feb 3 order now ahead of my 10/1 order!? I'm growing tired of all this nonsense and lack of communication from Nissan. I'm still in May but check multiple times daily to see if I'll be moved one way or another. Sue for emotional stress!

ybitz said:
BrianSanDiego said:
cdub said:

Hope this helps.

Baker Electric is doing my install as well, I've heard nothing from either them or EV Project. My latest delivery estimate is April 13, so if it's anything like yours I guess I need to wait one more week to be able to schedule the install. They sure like to cut it close...

now back to week of 13
started at 14 went to 12 then 7 yesterday and then back to 13 today

carwings working again since this morning btw,

qcar said:
now back to week of 13

Same here. See signature below for timeline. Wondering which steps the car's going through.

idunk said:
qcar said:
now back to week of 13

Same here. See signature below for timeline. Wondering which steps the car's going through.

THIRD DITTO here. i can feel a fraction of the frustration that the fall orders feel. Will I see limbo too?

Back