April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. The same set of sequence. I am in N.Cal and buying from North Bay Nissan. Are you folks in the same area?

I am also bumped back, now to week of April 19. That should give me more time to resolve the problem with 2 LEAFs listed on my owners portal.

yogi said:
It will be very great to take delivery on April 22nd to celebrate "EARTH DAY" :D
Hah... Being a April 18th week-er, I approve this message. It's a great date to aim for - let's see what happens.

My delivery date changed again, 2 times within 24 hrs. Now the date is week of April 13 instead of 19. Otherwise nothing else has changed.

linkim said:
My delivery date changed again, 2 times within 24 hrs. Now the date is week of April 13 instead of 19. Otherwise nothing else has changed.

Mine went from 14 > 12 > 7 > 13

Two more times and I'll have my lottery numbers for the week.

If you count all the date changes you had we may determine the pattern of how many checkpoints out there and how the affect the date...

IBELEAF said:
If you count all the date changes you had we may determine the pattern of how many checkpoints out there and how the affect the date...

Thanks, :lol:
From your signature there will be 9-10 date changes before leave Long Beach and delivery data will be end up first estimate date +/- 7 days.

ht2 said:
IBELEAF said:

Here is my tally for the Week of X game for March: Apr 6 (3/11) -> Apr 4 (3/12) -> Mar 31 (3/13) -> Apr 14 (3/17) -> Apr 12 (3/18) -> Apr 11 (3/19) -> Apr 7 (3/20) -> Apr 19 (3/22 early AM or 3/21 late PM) -> Apr 13 (3/22) -> ??

Delivery date is now week of Apr 13. Does anyone see a pattern here?

linkim said:
ht2 said:
IBELEAF said:

Here is my tally for the Week of X game for March: Apr 6 (3/11) -> Apr 4 (3/12) -> Mar 31 (3/13) -> Apr 14 (3/17) -> Apr 12 (3/18) -> Apr 11 (3/19) -> Apr 7 (3/20) -> Apr 19 (3/22 early AM or 3/21 late PM) -> Apr 13 (3/22) -> ??

Delivery date is now week of Apr 13. Does anyone see a pattern here?
Maybe....Can I have Apr 11 on the pool sheet?

OK, I opened the "pre-purchase checklist" and found that one of the directions was to make an appointment for installation of my evse. I had not heard from Aliso Electric (Orange County, CA), who did my estimate and took my $100, so I called them only to be told that they no longer represent AeroVironment, but they could sell me several other brands, including GE (10 wk wait), or Eaton or another brand I was not familiar with which are currently available. Aliso said they stopped representing AeroVironment because they (AERO) dictated the high estimates we got for installation and they didn't like the negative publicity they were getting. Anyone else have this come up? I guess I'll contact Nissan. In the meantime I spoke with Bob Rosinski at ChargeAmerica; they got that bad review from Darkhorse in Oregon. Bob claims the review was unfair and basically misrepresented his product and the situation as it occurred. I am giving Bob an opportunity to show me a working product; I will post my opinions following receipt of the evse.
The bottom line is if you are in Orange County and thought Aliso Electric would be installing your AeroVironment evse, it will not be happening.

RSH said:
The bottom line is if you are in Orange County and thought Aliso Electric would be installing your AeroVironment evse, it will not be happening.

Wow. I got an email from them about a week ago marketing alternative EVSE's but I had no idea they dissolved that relationship. I complained LOUDLY (oops) on Aliso's FB wall about the gouging of the install.

It doesn't matter though - I am foregoing any EVSE except for the 120V that Nissan provides. There is an engineer on this board that will mod it to allow for 240V charging @ 12A (2.8kW). The downside is that it only charges 75% as fast as A/V's EVSE, but it's PORTABLE, allows for multiple adapters, and still maintains it's original 120V configuration. It's a no-brainer for me. I'm just irked that I lost $100 in the "assessment".

RSH said:
OK, I opened the "pre-purchase checklist" and found that one of the directions was to make an appointment for installation of my evse. I had not heard from Aliso Electric (Orange County, CA), who did my estimate and took my $100, so I called them only to be told that they no longer represent AeroVironment, but they could sell me several other brands, including GE (10 wk wait), or Eaton or another brand I was not familiar with which are currently available. Aliso said they stopped representing AeroVironment because they (AERO) dictated the high estimates we got for installation and they didn't like the negative publicity they were getting. Anyone else have this come up? I guess I'll contact Nissan. In the meantime I spoke with Bob Rosinski at ChargeAmerica; they got that bad review from Darkhorse in Oregon. Bob claims the review was unfair and basically misrepresented his product and the situation as it occurred. I am giving Bob an opportunity to show me a working product; I will post my opinions following receipt of the evse.

That explains why an AV tech came out last week to install my evse instead of Aliso Electric. I had no idea.

RSH said:

By the way, this discussion belongs in the EVSE section.

Aliso installed my AV unit in December. They did a good job and I have no problems with them. I'm not the least surprised that AV dictated the high prices. I've long believed that AV, a defense contractor, saw big dollar signs in the 50% tax credit for EVSE equipment that existed up through the end of December, and they hiked prices to take most of that money for themselves. I'm sure that they didn't care about the bad press for their pricing and they acted like they didn't care.

I didn't get any tax credit for my installation because of the Alternative Minimum Tax, which wasn't a surprise for me. For those who are trying to take the 2010 EVSE credit or the reduced 2011 EVSE credit, your credit will be limited by the AMT. That means that your Tentative Minimum Tax (TMT) must be less than your credit (as I understand it) before you can claim any of the credit. And if you have some level of TMT, it may limit your credit even though you pay no AMT.
[[ I am not a tax professional and your mileage may vary]]

I'd be very leery of EV Charge America from what we've heard here. but it sounds like you are going into that with your eyes open. If I were you, I'd try the $200 upgrade that Ingineer is offering for the standard issue Nissan Level 1 EVSE. It should give you some time to evaluate other EVSEs on the market in six months of so and you won't give up much in charging efficiency unless you have a long commute and need to charge quickly at home.

All those delivery date changes must make your heads spin! Why not join the easy crowd that I'm in, where you just have to stick with "month of April 2011" every day :lol:

Back