April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck Gary!

My "April 6" updated twice yesterday. Once to April 8, then late last night to April 13. BOO!

I did NOT get the 7 day email this morning. Just need to exercise a bit more patience :)

I also got the 7 day email today. VIN 889. My D-date has been stuck at April 11 for four days and didn't change today. So 7 days from now puts me at March 30. Quite a difference from April 11.

I did see a post from someone who got their LEAF 14 days after their 7 day email. :lol:

My D-date history:
April 5 > April 8 > March 30 > April 5 > April 1 > April 12 > April 11.

It's all good news. I'd rather get the car before April 9 because we're having a party that night and lots of the attendees are going to be interested in the LEAF.

gasmiser1 said:
I just received an updated Nissan email-My Leaf is "scheduled to arrive at my dealer within the next 7 days" :mrgreen:

Weird thing: My Nissan dashboard still says "week of April 6th".
You think that's weird, I got my 7-day email a week ago, and my dashboard currently says April 15!

My owners portal says I'm getting two cars, though I only ordered one. I keep hoping that the dashboard date is for the second phantom car, and and the real one will be arriving any day now.

Ray

Got the same email this am.
Dash still shows 4/14.

Anyone else notice that the emails are from a marketing company and not directly from Nissan?
This is the company: http://www.maritz.com/
Customer support is the same marketing company. That would explain why there is so much confusion with delivery dates and such.

Just sayin.

I am still month of April, No change since January. :cry: I sure hope my car made it out before the earthquake.

My PD is Fontana and one of the PD's partners was week of March 15th and still has not received their vehicle and not heard from Nissan. What's up with that Nissan?!

planet4ever said:
My owners portal says I'm getting two cars, though I only ordered one. I keep hoping that the dashboard date is for the second phantom car, and and the real one will be arriving any day now.

Ray,
I also have two LEAFs in my owners portal. Did your DB ask you to "get started" with Carwings? I received that request, which I assume is for the second phantom vehicle with a VIN.
My first vehicle is already activated with Carwings. I called CS but nothing concrete came out of the discussion. Since you are not part of the Ecotality project (or maybe you are with the second LEAF), the Nissan CS trying to tie Ecotality into the confusion sounds like a red herring.

I got my 7 day email this morning at 7:53 PST. I also had my EVSE installed today. I can't believe that the wait is almost over. My sympathy to anyone still in limbo!

Received this email
"Vijay, congratulations on being one of the first to own a Nissan LEAF™! To continue this historical journey, make sure you visit the Nissan Owners' Portal. By establishing your account before the delivery of your vehicle, you'll be able to take advantage of checking your battery status, setting your climate control - even managing your notifications and downloading mobile apps - all remotely. As for actually driving your Nissan LEAF - that's best enjoyed in person.

Visit the Nissan Owners' Portal "

Also DB updated to 4/19 from 4/18

linkim said:
I also have two LEAFs in my owners portal. Did your DB ask you to "get started" with Carwings? I received that request, which I assume is for the second phantom vehicle with a VIN.
My first vehicle is already activated with Carwings. I called CS but nothing concrete came out of the discussion. Since you are not part of the Ecotality project (or maybe you are with the second LEAF), the Nissan CS trying to tie Ecotality into the confusion sounds like a red herring.
Pretty much the same story here. Dashboard wants me to get started with Carwings though I've been through that. Home assessment says I don't meet the criteria for eTec. CS says they will have someone look at it, and to call them back if it isn't cleaned up by Friday. My dealer (Aaron at Stevens Creek) is almost impossible to get hold of, but the one time I got through to him he said he had no information about what was going on.

Ray

vijayl said:
Received this email...

Yeah, I got that today, too. First email I've gotten from Nissan about my order for months. And...I'd already established my account a couple days ago.

They are trying. But imagine how nutty it's going to get as those 600 Leafs roll off the ships that came in last night!

Speaking of which--the "600 Leafs"--is that on one ship, split between them, 600 each? Do we have a good idea of how many Leafs might be on the Luna and Andromeda?

garygid said:
Same, been holding at Week of 7 April, and just got the "7-day" email.

My PD (Fontana) says that they have no additional info on mine, but a few LEAFs arrived there last night, not including mine.
I thought that "2 weeks" was the record for receiving the leaf, after the 7 day email ... but reading back, I see there's at least one person here who took 3 weeks after the 7 day email.

lonndoggie said:
Speaking of which--the "600 Leafs"--is that on one ship, split between them, 600 each? Do we have a good idea of how many Leafs might be on the Luna and Andromeda?
Current information indicates that there's 600 on Luna Spirit which left Yokohama on the 10th right before the quake and an unknown number on Andromeda Spirit. There's appx 1500 either in port or on those 2 boats right now as of the 18th.

03.18.2011 , FRANKLIN, Tenn. FRIDAY STATEMENT REGARDING STATUS OF JAPANESE EARTHQUAKE AND IMPACT ON NISSAN AMERICAS OPERATIONS

No other Nissan ships have left Yokohama since the 10th that I've heard...

drees said:
Current information indicates that there's 600 on Luna Spirit which left Yokohama on the 10th right before the quake and an unknown number on Andromeda Spirit. There's appx 1500 either in port or on those 2 boats right now as of the 18th.
Thanks for that.

1500 is a lot of Leafs, and the April-May folks are the baby-boomer generation of Leaf owners-to-be.

• -- Nissan will be busy.
    -- The dashboards will be popping.
    -- Dealers will be trying to figure out how to charge up 10 Leafs per day.
    -- EVProject will be going nuts trying to get Blink's installed.
    -- The CCSE folks will be writing checks and keeping an eye on their "fuel" tank.

...and MyNissanLeaf.com will be positively ablaze! We ain't seen nothing yet...

Does anybody know when these two ships will have unloaded all the Leafs and put on the dock? :ugeek:

Received the "arriving in 7 days" email this morning and finally got my vin # 899 through my dealer and he stated that he will be getting my car around 4/1/11 (hope that is not a joke) :roll:
My dash still shows week of 4/14 and no vin# (CS was unable to help, although they were going to talk to a supervisor) but I think the website for the dash-board is actually run by an advertising company and not Nissan (posted on another thread)

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3090

So I don't really trust the information or lack of it there.

I'm getting LOFS (Leaf order fatigue syndrome) :|

I'm speculating that I was one of the lucky 600 on the 3/10 departure from Japan.

MrFish said:
Anyone else notice that the emails are from a marketing company and not directly from Nissan?
This is the company: http://www.maritz.com/
Customer support is the same marketing company. That would explain why there is so much confusion with delivery dates and such.

Just sayin.
Pretty much any email you get from an automotive OEM these days is sent by a 3rd party contracted for that business. Maritz is one of those players.

That said, most of the changes to April delivery dates are likely a direct result of the earthquake+tsunami. I had a domestic OEM client cancel a meeting with me due to supply chain disruptions from Japan. It's bad enough when it's one person waiting for one car. It's an even bigger deal when you have 5,000 units that you can't build because a few missing components.

blackleaf said:
VIN 1389, have had a week of 4/22 delivery for last 3 weeks. Today went to week of 4/25.

As long as my car is in USA...I'm happy.

Have my blink installation set up for Friday. Time to clean my garage ^%$! :cry:

Saga continues, one day later and now has moved to "week of 4/29". I'll be a May Leafer soon!

Back