2013 LEAF Pricing and Features-S:28,800 SV:31,820 SL:34,840

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thankyouOB said:
who is this VPP program open to?

good question and hopefully to everyone. Nissan had a program last Spring that dealers could opt into so it was very much voluntary and not uniform. Nissan got great feedback on this and is investigating making it a corporate program so EVERYONE can participate. iow, its taken out of the dealer's hand. would include other things like X number of free car rentals per year, etc.

hopefully that is this...

DaveinOlyWA said:
thankyouOB said:

good question and hopefully to everyone. Nissan had a program last Spring that dealers could opt into so it was very much voluntary and not uniform. Nissan got great feedback on this and is investigating making it a corporate program so EVERYONE can participate. iow, its taken out of the dealer's hand. would include other things like X number of free car rentals per year, etc.

VPP is Nissan's program for employees, their families, employees of Nissan partners etc. Checkout the website - they have a spreadsheet of all companies that are in this program.

http://www.InsideNissan.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

evnow said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
thankyouOB said:

VPP is Nissan's program for employees, their families, employees of Nissan partners etc. Checkout the website - they have a spreadsheet of all companies that are in this program.

http://www.InsideNissan.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

oic. so probably different program. the one I was referring to (which would be easy if i could remember the name of it!) was actually used by guy in GA?? to get a free rental for a trip he took

The VPP program mentions "friends" of dealership employees. That's a title that a dealer could apply to anyone at all. Does this mean anyone might be able to talk the dealer into giving us this VPP price?

sirenbrian said:
The VPP program mentions "friends" of dealership employees. That's a title that a dealer could apply to anyone at all. Does this mean anyone might be able to talk the dealer into giving us this VPP price?

EVnow mentioned there was a list of partners. guessing if you are an employee of a partner, you might qualify as well

sirenbrian said:
I guess so ...

To me, the good thing about the VPP is that it removes the need for haggling.

Still waiting for loyalty programs, if any, for people upgrading.

Woohoo, that's a pretty sweet deal. My dealership and I were assuming I'd only get $100-200 off invoice for the 2013 under VPP, but it looks like Nissan is really trying to move the 2013s. Now I'm excited; just need my delivery date. :)

DaveinOlyWA said:
sirenbrian said:

EVnow mentioned there was a list of partners. guessing if you are an employee of a partner, you might qualify as well

My brother-in-law works for one of the partner companies, but if I can do this without needing to bother him, I'd prefer it. But my question was more about the fact that a dealer could label anybody at all as his/her friend. I wonder if this was done on purpose, to be a loophole that every warm body that walks into the dealership and wants to buy a Leaf, they could ALL be given this super-special price. Or is that too much to hope for?

You only get a certain number of times you can get the discount (I think it's like 10 cars). So your brother-in-law would probably give you one of his vouchers, but some random person probably wouldn't.

sirenbrian said:
I wonder if this was done on purpose, to be a loophole that every warm body that walks into the dealership and wants to buy a Leaf, they could ALL be given this super-special price. Or is that too much to hope for?
This is not just a Leaf thing, this is an ongoing Nissan program. But, you are essentially right, the dealer could give this deal to anyone. As sublime points out, there is probably some quantity limit.

wow I checked and found that my company is a Nissan business partner...This is exciting :) If I buy I will get the SL version rather than the S one as the VPP saves $1000 over invoice.

Specs are up on NissanUSA.com. Looks like the MPGe increased to 130/102 city/hwy MPGe*. What do we think this means for "real" range?

bradbissell said:
Specs are up on NissanUSA.com. Looks like the MPGe increased to 130/102 city/hwy MPGe*. What do we think this means for "real" range?

http://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/leaf/versions-specs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm impressed, if those numbers are correct. Beats every other 2012 BEV:

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/byfuel/EV2012.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quite an improvement over the 2011-12 LEAF's 106/92.

Could mean it will beat my guess of 79 EPA range.

This has me seriously thinking (for the first time) about replacing my 2011...

Herm said:
It means a faster improved charger.. less power wasted on overhead while the car charges in half the time.

This is one of the factors that suggested there might be multiple range/MPGe numbers over the 2013 MY range.

But the MPGe numbers (apparently) are the same with the S, using the 3.3 kW charger.

I wonder if they might have added a thermostat to the charging/cooling system, rather than having it run continuously?

Or maybe the lighter weight of the S (coincidentally) offsets slightly lower charging efficiency?

edatoakrun said:
bradbissell said:

http://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/leaf/versions-specs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm impressed, if those numbers are correct. Beats every other 2012 BEV:

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/byfuel/EV2012.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quite an improvement over the 2011-12 LEAF's 106/92.

Could mean it will beat my guess of 79 EPA range.

This has me seriously thinking (for the first time) about replacing my 2011...
According to a percentage change (17.17%) over the previous economy, this would imply an 85 mile EPA range.

It doesn't quite beat everyone in MPGe, because your link didn't include the FitEV for some reason:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/33265.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back