BlueSL

Re: Nissan,how could you Screw Up so BADLY

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:24 am

Without cutting and pasting my entire chat, I think I learned the following this morning.

1. The people you chat with work for Nissan, not Maritz.
2. The people you chat with have no path to "escalate" the concerns of a person who wants to complain directly to the company about the decision to fulfill the January and February orders before the Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec. orders.
3. If you ask for the name of a person you can speak with, you will be given the 877 number and told to ask for a supervisor.
4. If you would like to speak with someone at Nissan corporate, there is no person whose name you will be given.
5. No Leafs were damaged by the tsunami. But the earthquake did knock the plant out of commission as electricity became an issue and employees were given time off.
Now driving: 2011 Blue SL+QC
Reserved 4/23
Ordered 12/4
Delivered 6/7

ElectricVehicle
Delivery Date: 18 Jul 2011

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:40 am

BlueSL wrote:Without cutting and pasting my entire chat, I think I learned the following this morning.

1. The people you chat with work for Nissan, not Maritz.
2. The people you chat with have no path to "escalate" the concerns of a person who wants to complain directly to the company about the decision to fulfill the January and February orders before the Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec. orders.
3. If you ask for the name of a person you can speak with, you will be given the 877 number and told to ask for a supervisor.
4. If you would like to speak with someone at Nissan corporate, there is no person whose name you will be given.
5. No Leafs were damaged by the tsunami. But the earthquake did knock the plant out of commission as electricity became an issue and employees were given time off.

Nice summary and very useful. Thank You!

I'm planning on having a "chat" today... At least I have a good idea of what to expect and when to pursue other channels.

Just had whole post composed and for the second time in two days a forum error lost the post!!
Last edited by ElectricVehicle on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Nissan Leaf SL+QC rsrvd 4/21/10 order 11/24/10 delivered 5/29/11 (Apr May Jun Jul Jun May Jun) Polar Bear Hug 12/11/2010
1999 Green GM EV1, 7.2kW Solar Electric (PV); 2002 RAV4 EV; Carbon Neutral since 2010
It's time to LEAF! LEAF Oil behind!

tps
Delivery Date: 07 Feb 2012
Leaf Number: 18044

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:42 am

From the "forgotten 36" - my dashboard promises a "2011 LEAF", so I originally thought I'd be able to order by (at least) summer of 2011. In the interim, Nissan has dealt with 2 major issues:

1. The Japanese diversion. In theory, this shouldn't affect me, it should mainly affect roll-out states, because those cars would likely have been delivered to Japan before the forgotten 36 even with no diversion.

2. The tsunami. This will simply knock all deliveries after a certain date back a bit, including my chance to order.

Now I'm not confident of being able to order this year (2011). The Nissan people at the drive electric event seemed to think I wouldn't be able to order until Smyrna comes on-line, but who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. My PD is clueless, they originally thought they would sell me a LEAF in December 2010! I don't bother repeatedly asking when my chance will be, because it probably won't change anything. I'll just keep waiting, knowing that I'm a lot closer to owning a mass produced electric car than I have ever been.

kmp647
Delivery Date: 11 Nov 2011

Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:20 am

I think tier 2 will get to order late this year ( instead of late summer)

rest of the the USA maybe order spring 2012

But I think you guys in Philly will get cars from Oppama.

If an original reservation holder from April 2010 had to wait til Smyrna builds a leaf it would be late 2013 til they get a car

I am just glad I reserved in April 2010
2012 SL Leaf
order 07/28/2011
took delivery 11/11/11
47,000 miles 10 bars 211 gids
Turned back into Nissan 12/31/14 @ 50,000 miles
BMW i3 rex 24 month lease
2017 BMW X540e phev
Tesla model 3 reservation

daniel
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:45 am

Here's some information I received when I managed to contact customer service by phone:

The "lost" cars does not refer to cars that were lost, but to orders that were lost. Some of the September, October, and early November orders were lost due to a computer glitch. This led to VINs not being assigned, and to January orders being filled before those early orders. I was told that Nissan is on top of this issue now, and this is why dealer demo cars are being re-assigned to individual buyers whose requested configuration matches a dealer demo car. I was also told that this might explain why my owner's portal allowed me to register one VIN, while CS has a different VIN listed for me, though she could not tell which VIN was actually my car. She said she'd send the info to a "team leader" who has access to more information and who would try to figure out where my car really is and when it will arrive, and then get back to me.

This is the most information I've ever been able to get from CS.

CAVEAT: If the above is correct (and she sounded very confident, and knowledgeable) it would be the first correct information I've gotten from the CS line. Knock on wood.

The reference to a computer glitch screwing up so many orders reinforces my opinion that Nissan hired Microsoft to design their software.
Reserved afternoon of 4/20.
"You can order" email late September, but was out of the country so...
Ordered very early October.
Dashboard says: more of the usual worthless Nissan b.s.
(Not on spreadsheet cuz I can't figure it out.)

jcesare
Delivery Date: 20 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1290

Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:02 am

daniel wrote: The reference to a computer glitch screwing up so many orders reinforces my opinion that Nissan hired Microsoft to design their software.

Nissan outsourced the process, probably to a low bidder in India. Personally, I've dealt with this type situation before. I've had to fix outsourcer screwups numerous times, not to mention the hidden cost of teaching them about your business. There's and old expression, "Sometimes the cheap is expensive."
Last edited by jcesare on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leaf eTec Blue Ocean
Reserved 6/25/10
EVProject approved 1/06/11
Blink EVSE Installed 4/6/11 (Separate meter, ethernet connection)
Ordered 1/25/11 Delivered 4/20/2011

Herm
Delivery Date: 29 Aug 2012

Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:13 am

BluesL said:

"1. The people you chat with work for Nissan, not Maritz."

call center operators are trained to tell you that, yes they work for Nissan until their contract is up.. mentioning Maritz is a fireable offense. I can tell you some jokes about Dell customer support people in India "Hi my name is Bill"

"2. The people you chat with have no path to "escalate" the concerns of a person who wants to complain directly to the company about the decision to fulfill the January and February orders before the Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec. orders."

Also typical, there is no actual Nissan employee at those call centers, if they give a contact then that defeats the point of them being hired in the first place.. to handle CS calls. They probably dont have a contact in their scripts, the call center supervisor may have one but they will be reluctant to give it out. Eventually those numbers get published in forums like this.

"3. If you ask for the name of a person you can speak with, you will be given the 877 number and told to ask for a supervisor."

You can always ask to talk to their supervisor.. giving out that answer is not very professional in the CS world.

"4. If you would like to speak with someone at Nissan corporate, there is no person whose name you will be given."

They just dont have one in their script, Nissan could have structured their contract different and provided such a contact.. again typically corps that do this dont bother with that.

Dont take it too personally, their job is to calm you down.. and perhaps answer some questions if they can.. they really are not empowered to solve any problems.

BlueSL

Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:29 am

OK, here is a chunk of my chat. If Herm is right, Jason is a liar. For Nissan's sake, I am hoping Herm is wrong, because there is only so much disrespect I can take.

John Fiero: OK. Look, I am very angry that Nissan has decided to fulfill orders placed in January and February before my own, placed in December. Do you know why Nissan made this decision.

Jason: As I said there were issues with orders being fulfilled out of order. We are working hard at getting the skipped orders out as fast as possible.

John Fiero: Who at Nissan -- not Maritz -- can I speak to about this?

Jason: The information available is the information I have given you. I do not have a number I can escalate you to as far as a different Nissan source would be concerned.

John Fiero: So I am on my own if I want to speak to a Nissan employee?

Jason: I am a Nissan employee.

Jason: Are you referring to a corporate office?

John Fiero: You don;t work for Maritz?

John Fiero: Yes.

Jason: No, I do not work for Maritz. And as I've said I do not have any numbers to escalate you to.

John Fiero: OK, how about a name and phone number for your supervisor?

Jason: If you would like to speak to a supervisor on the phone you can call us at the 1-877-664-2738 number and request to speak to one..
Now driving: 2011 Blue SL+QC
Reserved 4/23
Ordered 12/4
Delivered 6/7

daniel
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:57 pm

jcesare wrote:
daniel wrote: The reference to a computer glitch screwing up so many orders reinforces my opinion that Nissan hired Microsoft to design their software.

Nissan outsourced the process, probably to a low bidder in India. Personally, I've dealt with this type situation before. I've had to fix outsourcer screwups numerous times, not to mention the hidden cost of teaching them about your business. There's and old expression, "Sometimes the cheap is expensive."

Or as Tom & Ray put it: "It's the stingy man who pays the most."

Herm wrote:... their job is to calm you down.. and perhaps answer some questions if they can.. they really are not empowered to solve any problems.

The woman I spoke with today actually seemed more intelligent and more aware than anyone I've spoken with on the CS line before. Usually they answer all questions with "I don't know." This woman was actually aware of the screw-ups (though she used softer language) and promised to escalate the question to a higher-up.

But for the most part I agree with the statement above.
Reserved afternoon of 4/20.
"You can order" email late September, but was out of the country so...
Ordered very early October.
Dashboard says: more of the usual worthless Nissan b.s.
(Not on spreadsheet cuz I can't figure it out.)

pksd1
Delivery Date: 22 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 565

Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:40 pm

daniel wrote: The woman I spoke with today actually seemed more intelligent and more aware than anyone I've spoken with on the CS line before. Usually they answer all questions with "I don't know." This woman was actually aware of the screw-ups (though she used softer language) and promised to escalate the question to a higher-up.

But for the most part I agree with the statement above.

Our case was escalated to the supervisor level few weeks ago. They are in constant touch with us. As a matter of fact they call us with an update every day…..maybe the lovely lady is the same one that is working with us. They are also in touch with the field managers at the port. But the bottom line is, even the supervisors cannot re-prioritize your delivery or provide you an ETA. Field managers at the port are in control of that process, and delivering cars in the right order is not a priority assigned to them by Nissan.
#1 Blue SL-ETEC
Delivered: Earth Day 2011 - April 22 -upgraded to LEAF#2 after two years
#2- 2013 Dark grey- SL - April 2013 - Leased

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”