April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My car is sitting at Rairdon's in Auburn, Washington. Got my call from Todd Fee today (19 days from receipt of my 7 day arrival notice). Just have to exchange the paperwork, and my Cayenne Red Nissan LEAF will be on it's way to sunny, warm Scottsdale, AZ. My Solar Panels have been storing up the 'juice' for this exciting new chapter in automotive history. To say I am psyched is an understatement.

lonndoggie said:
csriram45 said:
So BW Nissan seems to have gotten 6 today and 8 more coming in next week. What sucks is that people have overtaken me as far as delivery even though my DB still shows Mar 31st delivery. So much so for people rushing to get the orders in etc. People who ordered in Jan are getting about the same time or even earlier.
I wonder if you're the victim of port logistics--e.g., your low-numbered VIN car is blocked in that gigantic lot full of other Nissans, and they just can't get to it yet. Wasn't such a problem when the Leafs were coming in like it was Noah's Ark (y'know, two-by-two), but now with over 1K in port, getting to any specific one--if the weren't parked with VIN number order in mind--could be problematic.

That's actually exactly what happened according to Nissan. It's not a linear flow through there, and cars leap frog each other all the time. His situation sucked, as it almost cleared the port but was held due to the lack of Eco design package, and then right as it was slated to move out, the port held for the AC fix.

BrendanDolan said:
That's actually exactly what happened according to Nissan. It's not a linear flow through there, and cars leap frog each other all the time. His situation sucked, as it almost cleared the port but was held due to the lack of Eco design package, and then right as it was slated to move out, the port held for the AC fix.

I wonder if that's my situation as well. I also ordered the Eco design package. It's interesting that you have that much information on how his car got stalled. I keep asking my dealer at Premier Nissan in Fremont to get me more information but all she can tell me is it's still at the port.

I got to say Brendan has been extremely patient with me. I have been so frustrated but he has absorbed it all. Premier Nissan at Fremont somehow never gave me a warm feeling. They are the closest dealer for me but when I was looking for cars last year they just came across a bit indifferent. They did want my business badly but once I made it to their dealership, they did not have what I wanted and tried to sell me what they had.

surfsnow said:
waiting4leaf said:
Has anyone got their car w/o getting the 7 day email?

Not me, and I am doing that "IM" thing with Nissan EVERYDAY, see what different stories they are telling me.
Today is: "Your car will be delivered between 18th and 25th" duh! :lol:
:roll: Me 2... IM everyday. At least some thing to have fun with.

csriram45 said:
I got to say Brendan has been extremely patient with me. I have been so frustrated but he has absorbed it all. Premier Nissan at Fremont somehow never gave me a warm feeling. They are the closest dealer for me but when I was looking for cars last year they just came across a bit indifferent. They did want my business badly but once I made it to their dealership, they did not have what I wanted and tried to sell me what they had.

In retrospect I should have shopped around more before ordering my car. I didn't really realize there'd be a variation by dealer (I didn't do a lot of advance research and with the EV1 and RAV4 EV things were pretty standardized) so I just picked the closest dealership to my house when I made my reservation.

Kurt at Premier Nissan actually seemed to be pretty helpful, but a week before my delivery was scheduled I was informed that he was no longer there and that Mandy was now handling my order. She seems to be trying to help (although she was totally unhelpful on the tradein quote and offered me a laughable amount for my RAV4 EV) but I'm not sure she really is familiar enough with the Leaf process to be able to accomplish much.

cdaveb said:
BrendanDolan said:

I wonder if that's my situation as well. I also ordered the Eco design package. It's interesting that you have that much information on how his car got stalled. I keep asking my dealer at Premier Nissan in Fremont to get me more information but all she can tell me is it's still at the port.

I'm sure the Eco design caused the delay. The port just got another shipment of the stickers in yesterday.

I get this info because I dig like a madman when I don't get an answer quickly. And I poach email addresses from all communications from Nissan. I've made friends, and then burned a lot of friends at Nissan to get my hands on info. I'm a poster child, and a problem child for them. :lol:

BrendanDolan said:
I get this info because I dig like a madman when I don't get an answer quickly. And I poach email addresses from all communications from Nissan. I've made friends, and then burned a lot of friends at Nissan to get my hands on info. I'm a poster child, and a problem child for them. :lol:

Do your sources know what exactly the A/C fix is? Firmware? Software? Hardware? Refrigerant?

jcesare said:
BrendanDolan said:

Do your sources know what exactly the A/C fix is? Firmware? Software? Hardware? Refrigerant?

I've haven't gotten the full scope of what is was, but as I understand it from the tech's here it's less refrigerant, and a firmware update to allow a larger current draw.

What firmware version are they installing, "D"?

All the rest of us just need to go to a dealer to get evacuated, refilled, and flashed?

Or, is there some test to determine if a LEAF is OK?

garygid said:
What firmware version are they installing, "D"?

All the rest of us just need to go to a dealer to get evacuated, refilled, and flashed?

Or, is there some test to determine if a LEAF is OK?

I have no clue on which firmware is going into the car. I've been told by Nissan that you have to wait until it's happened, and then they'll address it. Supposedly it's on a smaller percentage of cars than we all think.

If it does happen it's an evac, refill and a firmware update.

BrendanDolan said:
I have no clue on which firmware is going into the car. I've been told by Nissan that you have to wait until it's happened, and then they'll address it. Supposedly it's on a smaller percentage of cars than we all think.
Does that mean that the undelivered cars aren't getting any firmware change before delivery?

Stoaty said:
BrendanDolan said:
Does that mean that the undelivered cars aren't getting any firmware change before delivery?

ha ha.. that would be the purpose on the hold. I think the undelivered cars are getting the firmware change.

csriram45 said:
ha ha.. that would be the purpose on the hold. I think the undelivered cars are getting the firmware change.
That would be my guess. Probably Nissan doesn't want to spend the money on the cars that are already out there to update firmware unless a problem crops up, but it is easier to do it in bulk for cars that haven't been delivered and are huddled in that cold, dark ship :twisted:

So, WE have to test for "the problem"?

Then, I guess I will drive to a dealer on one of the next hot days, park in the sun but out of any breeze, put the car in ACC mode 2 (Nav & Dashboard screens ON), set the A/C On and the CC temperature low, open the windows a bit, and let the A/C "do its thing" for ... about 30 minutes?

I guess that should work.

Maybe I should choose a dealer that actually knows about "the A/C problem"?
And, call them to make sure that they can fix the problem if it occurs (or give me a "loaner" to get home?).
Perhaps Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa would be good, only about 20 miles away.

I would be VERY helpful to know about the firmware version first.
I have "B" (3NA0B) now.

garygid said:

Then, I guess I will drive to a dealer on one of the next hot days, park in the sun but out of any breeze, put the car in ACC mode 2 (Nav & Dashboard screens ON), set the A/C On and the CC temperature low, open the windows a bit, and let the A/C "do its thing" for ... about 30 minutes?

And, call them to make sure that they can fix the problem if it occurs (or give me a "loaner" to get home?).

I have "B" (3NA0B) now.
What if it works? Then what will you do? I would not try to invent problems. Just drive the car and if there is an indication it needs service then take it in. Nissan knows the fix and will send a tow if needed.

BrendanDolan said:
If it does happen it's an evac, refill and a firmware update.

smkettner said:
garygid said:

I have "B" (3NA0B) now.
What if it works? Then what will you do? I would not try to invent problems. Just drive the car and if there is an indication it needs service then take it in. Nissan knows the fix and will send a tow if needed.

Bottom line... too costly to recall them all... can't determine which ones have the problem, fix them as they break.

I still think they don't really know what the problem is. They are pushing a workaround when the car becomes a brick.
(see previous post where I quoted WopOnTour: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3340&start=20)

BrendanDolan said:

ROFL!! Brendan, you da man!! (and we all know what happens to da man, don't we? ;) )

Back