April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
z0ner said:
Well ain't that a kick in the head. It appears lots of us have started seeing movement today.

I finally received the 7-day email this morning, although Week of April 13 changed to Week of April 22.

I have mixed feelings. On the one hand I'll be driving an electric car, and on the other hand I'll be giving up a 350z Roadster. I was on my normal 16 mile commute this morning doing about 85MPH on the toll road.

Driving habits will obviously need to change.

Well if you only have a 16 mile commute... what's going to make you change? That's piecemeal for the Leaf... even at that speed probably.

z0ner said:
I finally received the 7-day email this morning, although Week of April 13 changed to Week of April 22.
I guess I should plan on my 19th getting moved to the very end of April if the 7-day email shows up next week.

Week of April 13, no changes for a couple of weeks (see sig), no seven days email (checked spam too), last I checked with dealer (10 days ago), the car was held at port.

With most deliveries on "Hold" (so new delivery-date estimates will slowly be issued) ...

It APPEARS like NissanUSA is trying to deliver Sept 2010 and
some Oct 2010 LEAF Orders in April 2011. Then, hopefully,
the rest of the Oct orders in early May.

If so, Good Work Nissan in trying to deliver "early" orders first,
so that they can get the CA Rebates!

Until the number of CA deliveries gets near 1000 LEAFs,
the actual delivery dates (of the "early" orders) do not matter that much.

However, keeping the deliveries of "later" in-CA Orders on HOLD is
a workable strategy, until they can deliver all the cars to the "earlier" in-CA Orders.

Presumably, post-quake, new-production LEAFs (when needed
to fulfill early Orders) can be here in slightly less than a month.

garygid said:
It APPEARS like NissanUSA is trying to deliver Sept 2010 and
some Oct 2010 LEAF Orders in April 2011. Then, hopefully,
the rest of the Oct orders in early May.

That's what I thought too when I was given 'week of Apr. 29', but about a week later it was changed to 'week of May 6'. I'm hoping it will change back to April.

Saw this truckload exiting US101 to Whipple Ave in Redwood City today:

attachment.php

waiting4leaf said:
Has anyone got their car w/o getting the 7 day email?

Not me, and I am doing that "IM" thing with Nissan EVERYDAY, see what different stories they are telling me.
Today is: "Your car will be delivered between 18th and 25th" duh! :lol:

cdub said:
z0ner said:
I have mixed feelings. On the one hand I'll be driving an electric car, and on the other hand I'll be giving up a 350z Roadster. I was on my normal 16 mile commute this morning doing about 85MPH on the toll road.

Driving habits will obviously need to change.
Well if you only have a 16 mile commute... what's going to make you change? That's piecemeal for the Leaf... even at that speed probably.
Yep - at 85 mph range on the Leaf is about 60 miles on a full charge - 48 miles on an 80% charge. So even an 80% charge will be more than enough for a 32 mile commute at 85 mph without going into the bottom 2 bars. No worries!

Beachcliffs said:
waiting4leaf said:
Has anyone got their car w/o getting the 7 day email?
I am pretty sure that Ttweed did (but, that appears to have been a "special" circumstance where a demo was allocated).
Mine is due tomorrow (week of April 14th). No email nothing. The Chat guy tells me that everything is fine and I should get it shortly.

Agreed... there suddenly is movement. The port "hold" appears to be easing. After three weeks with the official Leaf site showing "Week of April 13", I received the 7-day notice this morning and the delivery notification moved to "Week of April 20." In addition, my son spotted a truck-o-Leafs on the 210 freeway in the LA area this morning. I have VIN #968 and ordered 9/8. EV Project's Blink unit was installed last Friday. Best wishes to all.

So BW Nissan seems to have gotten 6 today and 8 more coming in next week. What sucks is that people have overtaken me as far as delivery even though my DB still shows Mar 31st delivery. So much so for people rushing to get the orders in etc. People who ordered in Jan are getting about the same time or even earlier.

Leafittome said:
Still parked at April 7 on DB, seven day email received in late March. Sent an email to Nissan consumer affairs asking for some communication of delivery status, just got a generic "will be contacted by EV CS" response. Wife sold her car at the point we expected delivery--we out smarted ourselves!

Let me know if you get anything more detailed from Nissan- I've tried going through the main number and I've never been able to get them to escalate me, all they tell me is to talk to my dealer. My dealer still hasn't been able to find anything for me other than the car is still at port with no ETA. My dashboard still says week of April 1st.

I did the same thing you guys did- sold my car after I got the 7 day email on the expectation that at most it'd be two weeks before delivery. In my case I wanted them to take the RAV4 EV charger down at the same time they put up the Blink charger, so it was best to sell it then so it wasn't sitting in the garage not charging. But if I'd known it would be this long I'd have delayed the Blink charger install so I could keep my car a bit longer.

Ugh... I just checked the DB today and I'm back to pending again. I decided to do what others have and contacted the chat rep:

Jasmin: Thank you for contacting Nissan LEAF Customer Support, my name is Jasmin. How may I help you today John?
[Yohannon]: Yes, I had "the week of April 18" as my delivery date, and suddenly it switched to "pending" -- is this correct, or has the dashboard hiccoughed again?
Jasmin: I can definitely check for you one moment please while I pull up your account.
[Yohannon]: Thank you!
Jasmin: I am still researching this for you, just a few more minutes please.
[Yohannon]: No worries... thank you for the update.
Jasmin: Currently yes the pending is correct we are reassessing the situation to see when we can have your delivery set up.
[Yohannon]: ok... so are we talking days, weeks, or longer?
Jasmin: most likely weeks but there is a possibility it could be a little longer, the entire situation has not been assessed yet for me to give a more definitive answer I do apologize for that.
Jasmin: I can assure you we are working diligently to get your LEAF to you as quickly as possible though.
[Yohannon]: thank you.
Jasmin: Was there anything else I could assist you with today?
[Yohannon]: No. Thank you for your help.

*sighs* The saga continues...

Ordered 9/29/2010 4:13PM (PDT)*
Delivery - April 2011 > Pending > Week of 4/18 > Pending > ???

*Received "You can now RAQ..." e-mail at 3:08 PM the same day.

csriram45 said:
So BW Nissan seems to have gotten 6 today and 8 more coming in next week. What sucks is that people have overtaken me as far as delivery even though my DB still shows Mar 31st delivery. So much so for people rushing to get the orders in etc. People who ordered in Jan are getting about the same time or even earlier.
I wonder if you're the victim of port logistics--e.g., your low-numbered VIN car is blocked in that gigantic lot full of other Nissans, and they just can't get to it yet. Wasn't such a problem when the Leafs were coming in like it was Noah's Ark (y'know, two-by-two), but now with over 1K in port, getting to any specific one--if the weren't parked with VIN number order in mind--could be problematic.

Back