Next San Diego EVent: Sat, Aug 9, 2014, CANCELLED

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For folks coming down to San Diego from the OC on Saturday, we should have a 60kW generator running on site. That means we can charge numerous cars at once with the following plugs. In addition, I intend to have this charger powering the EV Oasis DC Quick Charger(s) on Saturday evening.

CAT Spec Sheet

Two single phase—California style twistlocks, (CS-6365... I have one adapter to L6-20 for EVSEupgrade)
*50 Amps @ 208 Volt phase to phase
*120 Volt phase to neutral (adjustable to 240/139) or
*240/120 single phase when operating in single phase voltage position.
Two single phase — GFCI Duplex receptacles, 20 Amps @ 120 Volts.*** (household 120v plug-in)
Two—3-phase NEMA locking receptacles,20Amps at 208/120V (should be L6-20 used on EVSEupgrade)
One —30A,125V single phase NEMA locking inlet receptacle

*** Receptacles not for use with unit operating at 480/277V or 240/139V 3 phase.

85bc928d.jpg

7e6b70af.jpg

12297571.jpg

5264eef7.jpg

9e7bdab5.jpg

c91f884b.jpg

6624ef01.jpg

13aa8eee.jpg

TonyWilliams said:
Ok, no generator tomorrow. Sorry. There was a problem with the voltage requirement for the planned DC charger.
Was one 480 phase-to-phase and the other 208 phase-to-phase?
Any chance of rescheduling the test of these chargers?
Any other good technical data from Augus party ?

One of the Q.C.'s of EV Oasis is supposedly being installed just north of the Pendleton Marine base. On my attempt at making it down there - and stopping to partly recharge at Weseloh nissan san juan capistrano ... I walked over to the brand new Hotel across the street ... Residence Inn ... where the Q.C. install is supposed to be ... in something like a few days ... next month. Evidently I was seriously mixed up about THAT info ... because;
A) the hotel manager didn't know what the heck I was talking about
B) there hasn't been any install, much less, even been any ground breaking for slab frames to go, much less running of any conduit/wire/etc that's required.

But maybe construction techniques have changed since my day ... maybe that kind of stuff can now be done and the appliance permitted and commissioned in only 72 hours. Right.

From our Feb 25 meeting:

Mike Cully, Car2go -

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in car2go and your commitment to protecting our environment through your EV usage. We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to join our exclusive group of EV users.

FOR A LIMITED TIME (until the EV infrastructure is better developed), car2go would like to extend the following offer to the entire EV community:

• Anyone who owns an EV can become a member of car2go at no cost. (PROMO CODE: EVCOMMUNITY)

•By using the EVCOMMUNITY promotional code, you will receive an additional 30 drive time minutes on top of the originally offered promotional minutes.

• All car2go members who are EV owners will receive a personal account and an invitation to join the EV COMMUNITY corporate account.

• When a member of the EV Community corporate account enters a car2go vehicle, they will see two accounts appear: their personal account, and an account called EV COMMUNITY.

• EV Community members will be able to use this corporate account to move vehicles at no cost.

• As a courtesy, we ask that car2go vehicles are only moved if they are at a 50% charge or greater.

As we work to shore-up the charging infrastructure in our region, it is our goal to work together with EV enthusiasts, such as your-self, to set the pace and be the example for all.

All we ask is that no one rental is greater than 15 minutes while using this account.

Please enjoy the added convenience when sharing the charging stations during this period of limited infrastructure.

Sincerely,

car2go N.A. LLC
http://www.car2go.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[email protected]
Customer Call Center: 877.488.4224

tbleakne said:
TonyWilliams said:
Ok, no generator tomorrow. Sorry. There was a problem with the voltage requirement for the planned DC charger.
Was one 480 phase-to-phase and the other 208 phase-to-phase?
Any chance of rescheduling the test of these chargers?
Any other good technical data from Augus party ?

Here was the problem:

hill said:
One of the Q.C.'s of EV Oasis is supposedly being installed just north of the Pendleton Marine base. On my attempt at making it down there - and stopping to partly recharge at Weseloh nissan san juan capistrano ... I walked over to the brand new Hotel across the street ... Residence Inn ... where the Q.C. install is supposed to be ... in something like a few days ... next month. Evidently I was seriously mixed up about THAT info ... because;
A) the hotel manager didn't know what the heck I was talking about
B) there hasn't been any install, much less, even been any ground breaking for slab frames to go, much less running of any conduit/wire/etc that's required.

But maybe construction techniques have changed since my day ... maybe that kind of stuff can now be done and the appliance permitted and commissioned in only 72 hours. Right.

The current info, as of Saturday night, from Mr. Clark at EV Oasis is a 25kW Fuji charger will be installed there. It's physically enroute from Japan now.

The original Delta unit that was planned (50kW) will not be used. He physically has that unit in his garage.

drees said:
Any news on the Santa Ysabel QC or L2 installation?

The representative from Ecotality was there, David Gatcha, did comment at some length on several upcoming installs. Santa Isabel is apparently still on track, but no hard date as to when that might be ready for use.

Fellow LEAF owner Randy discussed the installed JFE DC fast charger with batteries ($90k) that SDG & E has installed. No, you can't use it.

http://www.jfe-eng.co.jp/en/en_release/news_e11026e.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Next meeting, Saturday, April 7, 2012, 9am-12pm

We're moving up to a bigger meeting room !!! General meeting will be at building across the courtyard past windmill called Templars Hall. It's the larger wooden building. I got the city approval today.

One way or another, I hope that we can get a portable, operational DC quick charger at our next meeting.

Guests:

I plan to invite Luigi Giubbolini, President of Andromedapower.com to our meeting. He's producing an exciting line of DC quick chargers, and is located right here in sunny SoCal. More to follow on that.

Mike Cully of Car2Go may be returning (I think he's having too much fun at his job!).

David Gatcha of Ecotality / Blink may be returning. One of these times he'll be telling about a DC charger!

Brand new L2 charger, no card required at:

1.2 miles away:
Walgreens
13390 Poway Road
Poway, CA 92064

Also, three L2's here at:

1.7 miles away:
Mossy Nissan
14100 Poway Road
Poway, CA 92064

Plus, we should have at least one DC charger operational and on site, courtesy of Andromeda Power. If you need a charge from this charger, please reserve a time.

EV2E said:
I plan on attending! :)
Wish I could be there, but I'm committed to a driving event at the Q on the 7th already. My wife might still drive the Leaf up to Poway for the meeting, though. Sounds like it'll be a good one.

Have fun,
TT

Back