LEAF in Kansas City

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mayo said:
My brother-in-law works for KCPL and sent me these pictures today, sorry I'm not sure the location. Wish Oklahoma would get off their butts and do something like this.
IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

It's

3651 College Blvd
Leawood, KS

The KC Orthopaedic institue - College and Mission Rd (sorta)

MobileEV said:
Just stopped at the Liberty Price Chopper DCQC and good news: they have marked the space! There was a cone blocking the space while the paint dried, but the cord still reached. 35KW peak @ 80% batter. PlugShare seems to be wonky, so I couldn't check in. A quick thanks to the girl at the cafe while picking up a bagel (on sale too) inside sealed the deal.

A good start to a Friday. Pleasant weekend to all!

Karl

The just painted the spot at the Lenexa Hen House this week.

Cathy,
Are you still at 12 capacity bars?

In other news, the office decided to restrict the evse's to employees, customers, potential customers, and 'neighbors'. I have no clue how they will implement the sharing but for employees we had to sign through Chargepoint in the 'connections'.

Anyway, if you're in the area and need a charge the Hen House dcqc is still free, painted, landscaped, and lately, not ice'd.

ksnogas2112 said:
Cathy,
Are you still at 12 capacity bars?
Yes, Tom, still 12 cap bars. Just slightly over 22K on the odometer this month. I rarely deep discharge and I usually only deplete down to 4 or 3 fuel bars a couple times a month on a 100% charge (infrequently, Saturdays). I drive about 18 miles/day and mostly pokey highway rush hour traffic. I was amazed to get over 5 in efficiency several times this month (what???). I've had but 3 QCs, 2 about 15 minutes and 1 when nearly full (my first one, slow, started at over 80% charged so I didn't wait). Oddly, my nightly charging to 80% has frequently been displaying only 9 fuel bars in the morning (since last fall, grrr - annoying). This week it's back to displaying 10 fuel bars for 80%. Something ominous may be coming (queue shark music for imminent loss of cap bar)...or I need deeper/more frequent discharges for cell balancing. I'll leave that to the engineers and scientists on the forum to figure out.

Kathy

And now down 2 capacity bars. I need to review the posts to see when I lost the first. At this rate I MIGHT still hit battery warranty replacement in time. That would almost be good.

edit - reported first bar on Fri Aug 22, 2014

60 mo or 60k miles. I will be hard pressed to get to 60k miles in 5 years. I am 28k miles now, and at about 31 months, so averaging under 1k per month. I dropped first bar at 22k miles, IIRC.

Given that the degredation curve flattens, and it took Tom over three years to drop the second bar, I think its doubtful that he will lose 4 bars before 60k miles or 5 year.

Unless you start quick charging in July/August on purpose.... Hmmmm.. Hmmm...

Evil thoughts running through my head!

There's some construction activity at the HyVee at the corner of 72nd and NE Prospect that I suspect may be an EVSE. I'll keep watching it and maybe stop in for a chat or pictures.

Also, the DCQC at the Liberty Price Chopper was dead last weekend. I called ChargePoint, and they thought it needed some kind of hardware change.

Anyone seen any other EVSE activity? I thought KCP&L wanted them all installed by summer.

Karl

cdherman said:
60 mo or 60k miles. I will be hard pressed to get to 60k miles in 5 years. I am 28k miles now, and at about 31 months, so averaging under 1k per month. I dropped first bar at 22k miles, IIRC.

Given that the degredation curve flattens, and it took Tom over three years to drop the second bar, I think its doubtful that he will lose 4 bars before 60k miles or 5 year.

Unless you start quick charging in July/August on purpose.... Hmmmm.. Hmmm...

Evil thoughts running through my head!
I thought I wouldn't hit it either but dropped first in August and second in May. Almost exactly 10 months apart and only 2 bars to go and 2 years to do it.

MobileEV said:
There's some construction activity at the HyVee at the corner of 72nd and NE Prospect that I suspect may be an EVSE.

Ha! I was right. 2 dual-head L2 EVSEs are installed, but not yet active. I went ahead and put them on PlugShare with pictures.

http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/65078" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although not terribly useful for me since I live right in that area, it's still a good location. There's a Starbucks inside as well as the HyVee itself, which is pretty decent.

Karl

Attachments

• HyVee2.jpg
    HyVee2.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 17
MobileEV said:
MobileEV said:
There's some construction activity at the HyVee at the corner of 72nd and NE Prospect that I suspect may be an EVSE.

Ha! I was right. 2 dual-head L2 EVSEs are installed, but not yet active. I went ahead and put them on PlugShare with pictures.

http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/65078" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although not terribly useful for me since I live right in that area, it's still a good location. There's a Starbucks inside as well as the HyVee itself, which is pretty decent.

Karl

Most excellent!!

There are also two new dual chargers next to the Level 3 at Hy-Vee on Barry road. They are still waiting for the meters to be installed, but otherwise look ready to go.

IMG_0025.jpg

Hy Vee at 95th and Antioch (the one in KS) FINALLY has a set of L2 evse's. I still won't shop there. They were supposed to put their own in when they built the store. They even ran the wiring and labelled the parking lot before backing out. But now that someone else is footing the bill they jump in. I will say at least they got smart on location and moved it away from the front door.

In case others didn't receive this "newsletter" from Nissan, it does include a nugget about a new LEAF charging app for iOS and Android. Here's the web version with links to the app.

http://goo.gl/OeC6si" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I went ahead and installed it on my Android phone and tablet, and it seems to pull information from PlugShare. I had added the HyVee station on PlugShare, and the Nissan app already knew about it. FWIW, it does highlight which stations are included in the "No Charge to Charge" program for newer owners.

I'm seeing more LEAFs on the roads these days in the Northlands.

TTFN,

Karl

I downloaded the app. It looks to be Plugshare with a NCTC overlay. It tags most of the other stations as EZ charge. I do not know what EZ means since they appeared to be be regular Blink/NRG/Chargepoint to me. I bought used so NCTC does not apply. I tossed the app.

So I received the following email today from Hendrick Nissan, where I bought my LEAF used last year. Is this just marketing hype to sell me a new car? That's what it smells like to me. Then again, if I can trade my 2012 get a 2013 or newer with 6.6KW charger and the heat pump instead of the resistance heat for a decent, I might go for it.

Karl

Dear Karl Bloss,

Adam is my manager here at Hendrick Nissan. We are in need of quality pre-owned vehicles ASAP. In the event you still have your Nissan Leaf, we are prepared to buy it today! He wanted to know more information. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience. I have 2 questions I want to ask you about the vehicle.

Caleb Zhao

Hendrick Nissan
Customer Care Director
8400 Shawnee Mission Pkwy
Merriam, KS 66202
913-871-3274

On Tue May 26 2015 Adam Williams [email protected] wrote:

Caleb,
I just got back from the auction today to buy used cars for tax season but struck out. The options were very limited and I left with ZERO vehicles. We need to be proactive with our customer database and buy used vehicles ASAP.

Lets reach out to our loyal customers and offer them top dollar. We still have plenty of 2014s left and the incentives should be high enough to keep their payments the same or even lower.

We simply can't be in the same position we were in last year when we ran out of quality inventory. Let me know what you need from me. I want to personally appraise all of our owner's vehicles who might be interested. Here are some vehicles that we could really use:

Honda Accord
Nissan Leaf
Toyota Camry
Import Sedans
Jeep Cherokee
Jeep Wrangler
Nissan Altima
Chevy Silverado
Chevy Tahoe
Chevy Camaro

Thank you,

Adam Williams
Hendrick Nissan
General Manager
8400 Shawnee Mission Pkwy
Merriam, KS 66202
913-871-3274

MobileEV said:
So I received the following email today from Hendrick Nissan, where I bought my LEAF used last year. Is this just marketing hype to sell me a new car? That's what it smells like to me. Then again, if I can trade my 2012 get a 2013 or newer with 6.6KW charger and the heat pump instead of the resistance heat for a decent, I might go for it.

Karl

Probably marketing bull...

In my experience, dealerships often send out "We need your vehicle" letters, emails etc. to all former customers. They are trolling for the occasional person that is itching or already in the market for a different vehicle. They get that individual to come and they offer them "$15,000 for your used Leaf, off the sticker price of a new Maxima" or whatever you are now wanting to buy.

Except no one buys sticker. Well except a few Leaf owners, sorry to offend.....

I too heard of a 2013 Leaf for sale for $12,000, and was tempted to go look, but I think I subconsciously decided that it was too painful to find out what my 2012 was worth.....

Logically, I rationalized that the far better approach was to keep the 2012 for a few years more, and then do a more quantum leap to something radically more advanced that we can hopefully have in 2017 or 2018.... Or 2019.... Or.....???

cdherman said:
Probably marketing bull...

[...]

Logically, I rationalized that the far better approach was to keep the 2012 for a few years more, and then do a more quantum leap to something radically more advanced that we can hopefully have in 2017 or 2018.... Or 2019.... Or.....???

You're probably right. For the price of the upgrade, I could spend $6K on a lizard battery. But even with that option, it's probably worth it to wait and see if a LEAF 2.0 battery option upgrade would be available for LEAF 1.0 owners.

I sent them a reply anyway to see what they come back with. I threw in terms like DCQC, heat pump, B-mode, etc. So that will probably throw them completely off ... like the time I charged at the Lee's Summit dealer and the salesmen all crowded around and ASKED ME how much range I get, how the car plugs in, and when the new version was coming out. And no, I'm not interested in a Titan.

I get that kind of crap so often via both email and snail mail I don't bother to even look at it. They DO NOT want to try to resell a LEAF and they want to sell you one of their overstock gassers. Just a ploy to get you in there. I hate the dance...

I'm with the doc on this one...maybe there will be a Bolt in our future? :lol:

Kathy

Back