Full 2013 Nissan LEAF Specs out

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay

Just a ton of specs out today...who doesn't want to know the auto on/off headlights are a feature not available on the S trim level? lol

Not seeing the specs listed on Nissan's media site yet, but I put them out on the site. I'm sure they will be up shortly

Edit/update: they are up now on the media site, but in a really weird format...I'll attach some PNGs here that are easier to read, as long as you guys don't blow-out my bandwidth, lol):

http://insideevs.com/2013-nissan-leaf-overview-and-specifications/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Jay

2013-LEAF-specs-1.png

2013-LEAF-specs-2.png

2013-LEAF-specs-3.png

2013-LEAF-specs-4.png

2013-LEAF-specs-5.png

2013-LEAF-specs-6.png

2013-LEAF-specs-7.png

Link to Nissan media site on it here:

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/channels/us-united-states-nissan-models-leaf/presskits/us-2013-nissan-leaf-press-kit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The only two things I wanted to know was the EPA range and the MSRP of the 3 different trims. I guess nobody knows that yet?

Thanks! It is interesting that there is no mention of Carwings or Navigation.

The base model with the charging option looks interesting (except for the lack of cruise control).

RegGuheert said:

The base model with the charging option looks interesting (except for the lack of cruise control).

Hehe, its there now, you just caught me while I was in the process of converting and uploading/hosting the files that are in a more conventional/easy to read format.

Another random thing. Nothing official but the scuttlebutt is that pricing (maybe range)will be out for the NAIAS/North American debut next week (15th).

FWIW, some dealers expecting cars 2nd week of February. And a source told me that Nissan had about 200 2013 LEAFs produced already as of Monday.

There's so many cool things in the higher level trims that aren't in the S.

The price better be a lot less because from my perspective, I'd rather wait and save up to afford a higher trim than settle for the lower-cost, stripped down S. I really want a Leaf but it kinda seems dumb to save up and finally buy an electric car for it only to have a few features.

Homelink is not an option on either S or SV? That's one of our favorite features, if for no other reason than our garage door openers eat batteries like candy!

RegGuheert said:

More disappointing, IMO is the lack of heat pump option on the S.

I am a little disappointed by the high weight of the all the versions, and the lack of standard DC port and Heat pump over the entire range.

I get it from a pricing strategy, and IMO, this could mean the S will be priced in the low end of predictions, though I still think as low $27,499 is a long-shot.

I wish Nissan would offer a maximum-range trim level, nearer to the light weight of the S, tires and wheels maximized for freeway efficiency, equipped with the heat pump, as well as DC port and 6.6 kW charger.

Sorry for the off topic comment but why do they insist on listing 110V? Its been 120V in this country for a very long time.

LTLFTcomposite said:
When you go from the S to the SV you get seat fabric made from other people's trash. Is that really an upgrade? :)
Yeah, especially since the color is white. Would have preferred tan or something else.

DanCar said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
When you go from the S to the SV you get seat fabric made from other people's trash. Is that really an upgrade? :)
Yeah, especially since the color is white. Would have preferred tan or something else.
Are the interior color options specified anywhere? Or is it Henry Ford style, any color you want as long as it's black?

edit:Two interior colors are offered: new Black (S, SV, SL) or Light Gray (SV only)

This is what I think causes the 110v spec.
Although we had 110v + /- 10%, we now have roughly 120v + 0% / -20%
to help reduce the current flowing in the power lines, but
the Japanese tend to see them as the same, and design for the first.
(or something like that)

Looks like specs as rumored and all nice to have, but nothing spectacular to make me personally consider Leaf again. If they managed to bring the price down, these improvements should attract more people. I see one new feature that I really missed not having in Leaf extra regen.

Not that I am going to take the huge hit to trade in my 2012, but the interesting features of the 2013 for me are the "B mode" for descending hills and the 6.6 kW charger for opportunity charging. I do like how you can fit the SV with options to make it how you like, even with a DC port if that is of interest. Overall, I thought the various model levels and option packages were very well thought out. I'll be interested to see the pricing.

I am puzzled by the two new colors. So now they have two kinds of black and two kinds of white? What's up with that?

RegGuheert said:
There is NO carwings or nav in the S model.. no OK screen either I guess

The new pearly colors will be interesting.. shame that no one sells green cars.

Oh and it looks like they reduced torque from 208 to 187 lb-ft. Is that how they would achieve better economy?

As far as colors, I really like that they introduced gray. I submitted a few suggestions about wanting that color as an option and glad to see it being available.

I live in Florida and have been following the leaf closely for a couple of years, waiting for the right time to buy one. I'm very pleased with the specs of the S, and am just waiting for the price. I don't need or want DC quick charging, extra regen, 6.6kwh charging, nav system, cruise control, fancy seats, new heater or carwings. I just want a nice quiet electric car with a good air conditioner. The S fits the bill nicely, and if the cost doesn't work out I can always pick up a used 2011 SL for around $20K - there are several available in our area.

Back