EV Bumper Stickers?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMYK4Life

I have two questions:

1) Can you put a bumper sticker on your car if you lease?
Will they fuss over it when I return it? If so - would I best served placing it on the rear window and scraping it off later?

2) Good places to get EV themed bumper stickers?

P.S. This is the first time I have ever considered putting a bumper sticker on any car! I want to communicate that my car uses no gas. Some people think I am just another hybrid or Volt like car!

Why not just put the "Zero Emission" sticker Nissan sells on the car? I have one that I negotiated as part of my lease deal, but have to have it put on yet. That way, there's no worries about hassle of returning the car when the lease is up...it's an OEM sticker.

Google search reveals:

http://www.cafepress.com/+electric-vehicle+bumper-stickers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.zazzle.com/ev+bumperstickers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check this thread out:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3310&start=70

CMYK4Life said:
I have two questions:

1) Can you put a bumper sticker on your car if you lease?
Will they fuss over it when I return it? If so - would I best served placing it on the rear window and scraping it off later?

2) Good places to get EV themed bumper stickers?

P.S. This is the first time I have ever considered putting a bumper sticker on any car! I want to communicate that my car uses no gas. Some people think I am just another hybrid or Volt like car!

How's this for face slapping?
To buy any of these EV Bumper Stickers go to: http://www.evBumperStickers.com

evbumperstickers.jpg

To buy any of these EV Bumper Stickers go to: http://www.evBumperStickers.com

CMYK4Life said:
I dont want the Zero Emission one. People still don't get it. It needs to slap them in the face.

#evBumperStickers

I purchased a custom license plate frame with the words, "No Gas...Sun-Powered Electric". We do charge it with the sun, we have 34 PV panels on our roof. Our LEAF is leased also, and I thought this would get the message across at stop lights without presenting a problem when we turn the car in on a new LEAF next June.

Boourns said:
Google search reveals:

http://www.cafepress.com/+electric-vehicle+bumper-stickers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.zazzle.com/ev+bumperstickers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is one of my fav's:

bumper3.jpg

Thank you all for the responses. I too did a 'google search' but that isnt the same as asking my EV peers!

I am going to purchase one Friday. I think I am going with 'think outside the pump'. or '100+ mpg' where I will draw in an 'e' with a sharpie.

I considered the 'drive electric or die for oil' but felt that would be taken the wrong way in my community.

The paint job on the LEAF is average quality, so realize that the adhesive on stickers may discolor your car's finish.

I removed the dealer's sticker three weeks after taking delivery and the paint underneath it is tarnished. Thankfully, depending on the angle of the light, it's not too obvious.

I get 43.5 miles per $1.00

I like telling them I pay $6.90 to drive 300 miles.

For some reason 300 miles is the magic number to gas drivers.

Lasareath said:
I get 43.5 miles per $1.00

I like telling them I pay $6.90 to drive 300 miles.

For some reason 300 miles is the magic number to gas drivers.

ObiQuiet said:
Something like
ScreenShot638.png

Make 'em do some mental arithmetic...

Do these calculations take into account the loss of electricity while charging the car?

For example, if you are averaging 4.0 kW/h in your LEAF and you pay 10 cents per kW/H then your cost yields in theory 40 miles / dollar. But in practice the LEAF uses some electricity (300w / hour I think I read on this forum) to charge the car. If your charging efficiency is 90% with those same parameters then you are getting 36.36 miles/dollar - if the charging efficiency is 80% then you are getting 33.33 miles/dollar, and so on.

cgaydos said:
Do these calculations take into account the loss of electricity while charging the car?

I just took a typical to get a round, ball park number for rhetorical purposes. The charging efficiency, driving style, temperature, gas prices, are all too variable to put into a license plate frame. :)

To explain it simply to someone, I'd just say I get between 3.6 and 4.2 miles/kWH depending on the trip, and pay $0.10 for each of those kWh.

^It also depends on electricity prices, which can vary a lot by region, and time of day in some places.

I have hard data on electricity used from the wall for my car: 3.98 miles/kWh over ~20 months. At my local electricity rate of 13.7¢/kWh that's $1.38/40 miles. Folks with cheaper electricity or warmer climates can expect to do quite a bit better.

However, since my car is 100% sunpowered my actual electricity cost is $0/40 miles!

I haven't found it on anyone's website bumper sticker sales - but below is one I saw at the Long Beach National Plug-In Day . . . . thought it was pretty good:

Think charging EV's is Slow?
Try buying gas at Costco

I know this is an old thread, found it by googling. But I didn't see anyone respond to this question:

1. Will you have problems when you return your LEAF after leasing and have a bumper sticker -- or remants thereof -- on the car?

I guess the basic question is -->

2. What are expectations of dealers in terms of condition of leased cars that are returned?

I like most things about my 2014 LEAF SV, but I agree that the paint job is of substantially lower quality than I would like. My blue 1992 Accura Integra that I had for 20 years, had a coating of paint that was light years better than the black of my LEAF SV (would rather have had a blue LEAF, but got a very good lease deal on the black one).

After just 7 months in the LEAF, I've got a coating of aphid droppings that I can't get off, lots of small scratches, etc. And I wash the car frequently, wax it, etc.

Most GAS drivers have no idea what kWh means.

I attend 2 car shows a week and I explain it like this:

Depending on your Electric rate you can Drive 300 miles for $7 to $10 in Electricity.

To them that's laying it down in the simplest terms. They know how much it costs them to fill up and how many miles they get per tank of gas.

If they need more data I tell them I used to get 260 miles with $55 in Gas. So this way is at least 5.5 Times cheaper.

ObiQuiet said:
To explain it simply to someone, I'd just say I get between 3.6 and 4.2 miles/kWH depending on the trip, and pay $0.10 for each of those kWh.

Back