ZE1 SL+ (2021)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaffleClap

Hello! Really excited to finally be a part of the EV community. We've had this car since back in February, and in the intervening time I've been trawling through about 50 different threads here before I decided to create an account and introduce myself.

SOH might be a bit low at 90.3%. Came with TWO L2 EVSE's, one with the L1 adapter. So I have one in the car and the other charging from my 110v outlet in my carport 🙃 So far the L1 charging is more than sufficient for us.

Bought the Leaf at a CarMax in Florida (they worked with me on the tax credit, but CarMax specifically stated that they do not currently participate in the rebate/transfer aspect 😭). No issues getting them to verify the car with the IRS and provide the required documentation otherwise.

Truly loving the car so far, already took care of the strut cap issue (fair amount of rust on the bolts, ESPECIALLY on the driver's side). I cleaned it up best I could, applied two coats of rust converter, then doused both bolts in grease and put the caps on. Considering plugging the breathe hole in the top like another person on here did, at least on the driver's side. Side note: any good ways people have of checking the brake fluid for degradation/water ingress? Especially in central Florida, what with the humidity. Apparently those electronic test sticks are bunk.

Also, really dismayed about not being able to charge to a target percentage. Nothing to do about it so far, I suppose, as that place that sells the device in the Netherlands won't ship to the US 🤷. And even the 3 month trial of EV Connect has never worked for me, so that's out, too, just gotta stick with the timers. I just really can't see why Nissan won't reimplement the function, and just have it default to either "disabled" or "100%." Idk, seems a bit silly to me, but maybe there's more to it? Maybe they'll finally do it, now that they're not making anymore Leaf's? Or just continue to write it off as not worth the expense 😮‍💨

In any case, happy to be here!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240408-204936_Firefox.png
    Screenshot_20240408-204936_Firefox.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
any good ways people have of checking the brake fluid for degradation/water ingress? Especially in central Florida, what with the humidity. Apparently those electronic test sticks are bunk.
There is some debate on this one but the consensus I read is that fluid absorbs about 1% water per year and 3% is considered the maximum water content where one should change the fluid. So the easy math is to change the brake fluid every 3 years. As you have a 2021 it's probably not been done so it would be due if you choose to follow this as a guideline.

Last edited:
There is some debate on this one but the consensus...
Thank you! That's very helpful information. I'll shop around to see how much it'll set me back. I likely won't have the time to do it myself which is incredibly annoying for me, cause I'm a bit of a cheapskate, lol.

My Leaf happens to be identical to yours (year, trim level, color) and I'm loving it so far. Don't know my exact battery SOH, haven't got leafspy set up yet and guess I'm not in a hurry for that, having already made the purchase. Congrats and I hope you continue to enjoy it a long time.

Back