When will used Leaf's be $11k or under?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
freeewilly said:
2011 Leaf SL for $10,999. Only 27554 miles.
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/605947684/overview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ps. I'm not the seller.

Follow the Ownership History links...

05/01/2014 PACIFIC SW REGION

Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS STRUCTURAL DAMAGE
Frame Damage Title and Problem Check A wholesale Auto Auction has reported that the vehicle has frame damage, which can weaken the structure of the vehicle.

Current (retail, Central California) sale price for a clean low-mile 2011 with DC port is ~$13k.

If someone is asking less than that, there is usually a reason...

Granted its not CA but site unseen, this Chicago area Nissan dealer would give UP TO $13,385 on a trade-in towards a new Nissan (they're lumping '11 and '12's LEAF's together although a 'true' '11 LEAF is rare out this way, especially w/o the Cold Weather package and probably something trucked in from outside the Midwest) ... well, gee a drop of almost $25K+ of 'value' over 3 years (or to about 34% of original MSRP, excluding both rebate and Fed Tax credit) ... how does that number compare with folks who leased on the 3-year residual value? I guess the other question would be what would they sell a 3-year old LEAF for here?

TradeIn%20value.jpg

redLEAF said:
Granted its not CA but site unseen, this Chicago area Nissan dealer would give UP TO $13,385 on a trade-in towards a new Nissan <snip>
Dealers are known to pad the trade in with money you could have gained in a reduced selling price (dealer incentives and holdback).

If one was to work this end to get the new car priced, telling use their financing, and THEN bring up the trade, and THEN pay cash for the balance. One might find that the trade in will be much lower than the ad or the deal will just blow up. Just sayin... Dealers know how this works better than anybody...

Glad I plan on driving my MY11 LEAF until I can't get parts... :)

redLEAF said:
well, gee a drop of almost $25K+ of 'value' over 3 years (or to about 34% of original MSRP, excluding both rebate and Fed Tax credit)
You can not just exclude incentives when looking at the "value" lost in a used vehicle as used vehicle prices are directly influenced by them. A new LEAF can be had for under $20k depending on the state incentive.

drees said:
redLEAF said:
well, gee a drop of almost $25K+ of 'value' over 3 years (or to about 34% of original MSRP, excluding both rebate and Fed Tax credit)
You can not just exclude incentives when looking at the "value" lost in a used vehicle as used vehicle prices are directly influenced by them. A new LEAF can be had for under $20k depending on the state incentive.

Quite true (on the $20K in some states) perhaps now but not for early adopters who paid full MSRP back in the day … just another data point being shared. My own 'out of pocket' taking the incentives and the trade-in I had at the time was about $17K back 3 years ago and I also plan (at least at this point) to keep it longer.

Back