Wet Okole Seat Cover Group Buy **COMPLETED**

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sdbonez said:
Just ordered mine. Steve was great.

Ordered Charcoal-#11 w/ Light Grey-#21 Full Piping. Front and back. $459.20 + $24 shipping = $483.20 out the door.
Wonder why you were charged only $24 for shipping when their shipping price is $30 for 2 sets. I got charged $30 for 2 sets.

LBCev said:
I ordered yesterday: front and rear in #11 (charcoal) with #23 (cobalt) full piping and the word "LEAF" in the cobalt tone. Total cost was $546.30 after taxes, with local pick-up and free installation.

FWIW, it was explained that the custom logo's are done with different color options. The available blue hues are "ocean", "turquoise" & "royal". No cobalt for the "LEAF" logo. Were you able to somehow get a super, custom deal? ;)

Cheers

Got my seat covers yesterday and installed one of them on the passengers front seat and ... well, they fit is not so great.
The bottom is OK except for the sides that hang over too far and compromise the operation of the recline lever and they do not conform the the shape of the plastic on the sides of the bottom seat cushion.

The top part is pretty bad. There is about 2 inches of space between the seat cover and the front of the seat. Also, the cover is too short making it very dificult to mate the velcro together. But the thing fits like a paper bag. Maybe it is too big around and that causes the looseness between the seat and the seat cover or perhaps the cover is not shaped correctly. Which reminds me: the back of the seat cover has 2 points that stick out in the shoulder area near the top corner of the seatback which also look ill-fitting.

The "coin catcher" straps are not long enough to reach the bar to which the original seat coin catcher attaches. And if they did reach, the clips would not fit on the bar anyway. I thought these were made specificly for the LEAF. If they just used the same clip that nissan does, it would, at least, attach on to the bar as it was meant to (if, of course, it reached).

Lastly, at the back of the seat, the cover hangs down and catches on the rail upon which the seat slides back and forth. This is not caused by the hanging coincatcher. The cover just hangs too low at the lower corners.

Has anyone else had these problems?

Having said all this, the material is great. Nice and thick and it dosen't feel like they would be hot and sticky on a summer day (which is a pleasant suprise for something that is waterproof.) The stitching seems to be strong and well done also.

I have also gotten seat covers for my Altima Hybrid from Wet Okole. I will write more as the install continues.

Ken

PS. The electric heaters in the seat covers work but their energy usage does not show up on the energy info display when the car is in the mode where you press the start button 2 times with your foot off the brake ("accessories" mode??). Did not use the heaters with the car in full on mode.

Have you reported these problems to Wet Okole. With a price of over $500., these should fit perfectly. I would have to believe they will rectify the problems if they are told about them

leafnode said:
LBCev said:
I ordered yesterday: front and rear in #11 (charcoal) with #23 (cobalt) full piping and the word "LEAF" in the cobalt tone. Total cost was $546.30 after taxes, with local pick-up and free installation.

FWIW, it was explained that the custom logo's are done with different color options. The available blue hues are "ocean", "turquoise" & "royal". No cobalt for the "LEAF" logo. Were you able to somehow get a super, custom deal? ;)

Cheers

No special super custom job here; I couldn't remember what the closest to cobalt was so I used "cobalt tone" to describe the color. I think "ocean" was the closest. ;)

khargreaves said:
This happend Friday evening so I haven't contacted them yet. I just wanted to know if these were common problems.

Good luck and please let us know if/how Wet Okole resolves this for you.

The covers should fit like a glove, be sure to call them, they should sort you out and make it right.
Maybe snap a couple pics, and forward them to WO.
It's a new pattern, so if we have more people with issues they need to know this.
Maybe one of the craftmen grabbed the wrong pattern?

edit: Just a thought, the covers might be particular to one side or the other... maybe you have them reversed?

khargreaves said:
This happend Friday evening so I haven't contacted them yet. I just wanted to know if these were common problems.
Would you mind taking a bunch of pics and post them on the forum so we can see what the problems are? Pics are worth a thousand words. You probably would have had to do that to send them to WO anyway.

Volusiano said:
sdbonez said:
Just ordered mine. Steve was great.

Ordered Charcoal-#11 w/ Light Grey-#21 Full Piping. Front and back. $459.20 + $24 shipping = $483.20 out the door.
Wonder why you were charged only $24 for shipping when their shipping price is $30 for 2 sets. I got charged $30 for 2 sets.

? Maybe cause I'm real close to Costa Mesa? (but not close enough to make a roundtrip...)

If there was a fast charger along the route we could make it there shop from San Diego County. Maybe some day?

We ordered 11-Charcoal with 23-Cobalt full piping. It came a couple of days ago, but just had a chance to install them this morning. The fit seemed a little loose, and the hooks under the seat could stretch up to meet the correct bar (barely) but the hook was too small for the bar. I have not installed seat covers before so it threw me slightly that I had to unhook the original seats and leave these stuffed someplace to the side...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15261707@N00/5769439910/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/15261707@N00/5768900619/in/photostream

hmmm.
Now I'm anxious to get mine, so I can see what the deal is.

@mikek - I like the color combo, very sharp!

I got my seat covers, but I'm at a loss on how to install the seat portion.

I don't see how to hook the straps underneath the seat without unbolting the seat from the floor - do you have to unbolt the seat?

Any tips on getting the straps hooked up is much appreciated! :)

My wife was worried that the charcoal was going to be too dark, but (luckily) it isn't.

The installation was quite difficult, but we did not have to unscrew the seats. There is not very much room between the seats and the floor so everything has to be done by feel by the person with the slimmest arms. The other person has to poke buckles from the other side.

I thought I read somewhere that you'd have to remove the rear seat off in order to install the cover on the rear seat.

I'm surprised the Wet Okole website doesn't any rear seat installation instruction for the Leaf on their web site yet, considering how many ordesr they've been getting for the Leaf. Pretty soon they're going to be swarmed with calls from Leaf owners on how to install the rear seat cover.

Back