Vanity License Plates ideas???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I ordered my personalized plates online, it shows the results on a small picture of what your plate will look like. I added a full space to center it on the little picture online which was a big mistake, I went to pick up the plates and it looked like a letter was missing, needless to say I reordered them centered. Basically the girl at the dmv did what I couldn't online which was add 2 half spaces, one in the front and one in the back which will center it. I couldn't center it online because my plate will have 6 letters and the website only has 7 boxes. I hope this reply helps someone who hasn't ordered yet not to make the mistake I did. BTW my plate is nothing related to the car - CASHU2.

cashu2 said:
I couldn't center it online because my plate will have 6 letters and the website only has 7 boxes.
Not true. From the website:
Click a check box or select "/" in a drop-down list to add a half space. You are allowed one check box half space. You are allowed multiple drop-down menu half space symbols ("/"); however, your plate may not contain 2 half spaces in a row.
So you could have selected the check for the half space in the front and the slash from the drop down menu for the end.

After being initially denied, I resubmitted a formal letter and our initial choice for a personal plate was approved and is now in production:

WAT EATR

We almost went with:

CO2 ZRO

which was also available, in case anybody wants to for that here in California.

CO2 NIL
NO EMITR
NIL GAS

were also available when I last checked.

mwalsh said:
GeorgeParrott said:
After being initially denied,...
WAT EATR
They probably thought you were going to order a custom plate frame with a "T" on it! :shock: :lol:
Probably true now that you mention it. I hadn't thought of that. I guess MY mind isn't dirty enough....

Rat said:
Probably true now that you mention it. I hadn't thought of that. I guess MY mind isn't dirty enough....

I resemble that remark! :D

My people don't generally use the "T" word as it relates to the lady part. It is much more likely to be used to describe how one feels about another bloke. EG: "You complete tw*t" or "He is such a tw*t", etc.....

DaveinOlyWA said:
i guess i could try "H2OtoMe" we do have a lot of hydro
What about H2O4ME, HYDROEV, H2OLEAF, RAINPWRD or KILOWATER. OK the last one is too long, but I thought it was funny :D

Boomer23 said:
Saw this on the stern of an electric boat in Newport Harbor this morning.

WATT ROD

On your marks, get set, go to the DMV web site. :lol:

Oops, already taken in CA. Maybe a good one for you folks in other states.

My plate arrived yesterday...odd though, I got two of them. I figure for a state that is always complaining about budget woes, why sent one for my car and one for (presumably) framing in my den? Seems like a bit of a waste, but I guess it is a keepsake.

IMG_20110610_061151.jpg

Back