Update to the ordering process

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonewild said:
Debbie as far as I know it is around 1.6% much lower then a new car.

I have a dedicated cng car/blue plate (no hybrid sticker) and the ALL ELECTRICS will be the same. It isn't 1.6%, but a flat rate of $15/yr. or $22 for two years, which I did. :D

leaffan said:
Gonewild said:

I have a dedicated cng car/blue plate (no hybrid sticker) and the ALL ELECTRICS will be the same. It isn't 1.6%, but a flat rate of $15/yr. or $22 for two years, which I did. :D
What state are you in?

Gonewild said:
leaffan said:
Gonewild said:

What state are you in?

LOL...yours! I'm in the Phoenix area. I've had the 'blue plate' since '98 on two different cars. What we Arizonans need to do is try to get a state rebate for BEVs started like CA and some other states have done. Does anyone know whom to contact for this?

Good evening ,

My name is Felix Ember and I am the Nissan Leaf manager here at Avondale Nissan , AZ. We would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have as well if we can.Thank you ! :)

What we Arizonans need to do is try to get a state rebate for BEVs started like CA and some other states have done. Does anyone know whom to contact for this?[/quote]

Who could we contact I am not sure if there is any money in the budget. I know some states are useing the American recovery money to these thing. Felix can you look in to this? Thank you

So, I've been making a few calls to dealers in my area (SoCal) to help with the selection process when it comes time to place an order.
Got lots of info, much of it conflicting, some ridiculous. This process underscored my general distaste for "dealing" with dealers although not all were typical car salesmen.

Info:
Two dealers said there will be an email from Nissan this month telling those on the August rollout to get a quote (it's done through the LEAF website). One said that email will come Aug 2. One said Aug 12. Neither one seemed terribly clued in to the overall process so this info may not be worth much.

One dealer said (and another confirmed) that the process for ordering will go as follows: You get the email from Nissan saying go to website and request a quote from whatever dealer you wish (anywhere). But, you cannot go request another quote (from another dealer) for 24 hours. The dealer has 24 hours to get back to you, negotiate, etc. and they basically have you locked down with them for that period.

I think the 2nd piece of info is more accurate than the first but YMMV.

Quite a few dealers would not commit to an MSRP price. One sort of did but then said he has already taken two 'orders' and I would be his 3rd. I asked how that works since Nissan already took $99 for my reservation and he said he for a $500 deposit he would put me 3rd in line with the other two August reservation customers... seemed dubious so I crossed that dealer off my list. (sigh, ...and so it begins).

I will add that I spoke with Gordon at Santa Barbara Nissan and he seemed very knowledgeable and re-iterated their commitment to the MSRP pricing. So, they're high on my list even though I'm not that close.

Have talked with Mia at Downtown Nissan in downtown Los Angeles. Said they would sell Leaf to me at MSRP. Did not yet have the conversation about no add ons, etc. Will talk to Santa Monica Nissan as well probably tomorrow.

Back