Monthly Order Allowance for Dealers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Devin said:
I have my deal with Fontana Nissan for $1000 off MSRP yet because the Nissan dashboard somehow corrupted my account I'm now going to get screwed because of this.
You are likely in good shape in terms of retaining your pre-negotiated deal. Fontana has said elsewhere on this forum that they will honor their 'preferred pricint' ($$$$ off MSRP and free shipping w/in 200 mi.), especially when pre-negotiated ... despite the new process. Call your PD contact person to confirm.

See here (3rd msg from top):
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=932&p=30609&hilit=fontana#p30609

Hello forum this new format will not change the pricing structure for our clients it just means that the higher volume Dealers such as ourselves will be allocated vehicles in larger numbers based apon what my good buddy Gil stated.The amount of sedans we've sold in the last few months will play in how many Leaf orders you can make,those who are willing to wait for deeply discounted vehicles still have that choice.
Here at our Dealership We will continue to sell Leafs at a fair price to our clients plus they will be able to order and recieve a Leaf Quicker,there will be no gouging for that will not lead to return or happy customers which is a very important aspect in making Buena Park Nissan the #1 Volume Nissan Dealer in Orange County and the #2 Volume Dealer In California.
For you forum members that want to be treated in a professional and honorable manner feel free to contact me.

Harold Turner
Internet And Fleet Mgr.
Buena Park Nissan
714-690-3142 office
[email protected]

palmermd said:
GilSchoonover said:
Without getting into the exact formula, it is based on the dealer's number of sedan sales (last 90 days), and the # of LEAF reservations in the dealer's market area, and the # of available LEAFS for that month.

Thanks. It does make some sense to try and get people to by from one of their "more local" dealers.

I disagree. If the local dealers weren't so greedy, they could have had tons more orders. If the dealership is greedy, they don't deserve many orders, and as far as I'm concerned, Nissan should have left it the way it was. I can just see all those 'other' dealers calling Nissan and crying and complaining...geesh! :roll:

This whole thing really doesn't sit right with me. Here's something from the website of the Attorney General of the State of California about antitrust violations: http://ag.ca.gov/antitrust/
(click on the "How You Can Help" Brochure). From the looks of it I think Nissan has violated the law by enforcing this new policy, particularly this late in the process once people have negotiated deals. I really hope, for the sake of everyone involved, that this policy is not as restrictive as it sounds (although that FAQ seems pretty clear).

smkettner said:
There have been exactly ZERO delays yet to be posted with this allocation system.
Work with your dealer and you all should be fine.
Well there wouldn't be yet, because this allocation system only came into effect yesterday. It's very unlikely the dealer's allocations have been consumed between yesterday and today. Those of us who won't be able to order until later next week or in November will probably begin to hit the allocation limit at certain dealers. Today I was told that it would take 3-5 business days for somebody to even look at my account to try to fix it and let me continue with my order, by the time it's fixed I may not be able to place my order at my preferred dealer.

HDT said:
Here at our Dealership We will continue to sell Leafs at a fair price to our clients plus they will be able to order and recieve a Leaf Quicker,there will be no gouging for that will not lead to return or happy customers which is a very important aspect in making Buena Park Nissan the #1 Volume Nissan Dealer in Orange County and the #2 Volume Dealer In California.

Welcome to the forum.

Can you give an indication of what you mean by "fair" ? Roughly how much below/above Invoice are we talking about ?

garygid said:
Then, call your PD, explain the delay, and see if they would please hold an allocation spot for you.
I can do that and I will do that, but that's not really the point. Nissan has done somewhat of a bait-and-switch with everyone who had an order date in October or later and some with earlier dates. They misled people when they said "no matter when you RAQ you will still have your place in line" because that's not the truth. They should have said "no matter when you RAQ you will still have your place in line AS LONG AS you don't mind going to some other dealer who may or may not honour the deal you already went through the trouble of making".

If they wanted to do allocations then they should have done it from day one and made people aware of it like GM has done. I know people in the process of ordering a Volt, and while it's no picnic either at least they know where they stand and can actually talk to a dealer and the dealer will put an order in. I'd be ecstatic if the Nissan computer would just let me put my order in, or if my dealer could do it, or even if the phone support people could do it - but nobody seems to have the power to do that.

While I've been waiting for Nissan's IT department to sort my account out they've changed the terms of the purchase, and that's frustrating. Not to mention the October and beyond people who also have no choice but to be bound to the new allocation policy regardless of whatever deals they may have made. I think the whole thing is unfortunate for everyone involved, and I hope Nissan thinks better of this idea before anybody has a bad experience with it and is turned off from the Leaf and Nissan as a whole.

Nissan never said that we could pre-negotiate deals, and never even said that we could buy a car from our PD, or from any other dealer, for that matter.

Also, if one delays their order "too much" (like forever), it should be clear that they would lose their place in the "Reservation" line.

Hello evnow
" Fair " is not charging over MSRP or forcing packages and products on for purpose of elevating the price and profit margin.
The of the Leafs that we have ordered so far 80% have been less than M.S.R.P. none have been more than MSRP.
We have not lost any orders due to price and to pre-answer your next question we are not chasing the $1000 off MSRP pricing.
That will only create a situation where dealer would have more orders than they are able to fill in a timely matter and cause them to place clients in a waiting pattern, we are content to work with customers who feel that they are getting a Fair discount ,Professional Service and want to receive there Leaf quicker.
You also have to remember that because of the volume that We do it means that the customer that wants to order theirs now can order theirs now, not wait until an over ordered Dealer can order again.

Harold Turner
Internet And Fleet Mgr.
Buena Park Nissan
714-690-3142 office
[email protected]

HDT said:
Hello evnow
" Fair " is not charging over MSRP or forcing packages and products on for purpose of elevating the price and profit margin.

Ok. Fair enough.

BTW, is this quota only for CA ? Has Nissan announced October quota ?

I can tell you that the allocation amounts are extremely generous and will be hard to exceed based on the amount of raq orders released in a given time. You all shouldn't worry, the reality for the overwhelming majority nothing has changed. You will get to raq, contact you preferred dealer and your order is in wha-la. The only one's affected will be the micro-motor dealers who were selling these cars, when they sell very very few other cars at all. They have been leashed. The offers that have been made and took on this forum will most likely remain and the show will go on for all of us the same as it has. Nissan hasn't changed any terms, I did six orders today...nothing changed. Relax.

mossyleaf said:
The only one's affected will be the micro-motor dealers who were selling these cars, when they sell very very few other cars at all. They have been leashed.

Would that be a now famous for its discounts suburban San Francisco dealer for example? And leashed how? Pre or post order? And did this "new" policy really get put in place a few weeks ago? When the mega dealers started seeing that > half of Northern California was ordering from one dealer. And that dealer fell strangely quiet around here?

So when will we "micro motors" customers be receiving our cars, 2013?

Or is it that Nissan wants to deliver to some rental fleets first? Because we all know they really need that California $5K more than we peasants.

Tough to "relax" when possible collusion might cost some folks $5,000.

Me? I think it's funny. I love to see the lengths people will go to to make a couple of bucks (or make sure the other guy doesn't make a couple of bucks) on something as stupid as a car.

Allocation per se may not be bad - if the numbers are liberal.

Let us say Nissan wants to release 2,000 RAQs in a month. If the allocation numbers total 2,000 - that may be somewhat tight. Mind you - even that is ok since the actual orders would be only some 50% or so. If the numbers are more than 2,000 we would still have plenty of "play". From what Leon is saying, my guess is the total allocation is more than 2,000 ...

Moreover, members (and lurkers) here would be the first to order since they watch the dashboard (and the posts here) carefully. So they are unlikely to feel much meaningful impact - now that dealers have said they will continue their pricing policy.

This may not be as much of a "boon" as some other dealers may have hoped ...

The allocation process seems to be appropriate.I firmly believe in the free enterprise system and that there should be little to no interference with it. However, It is also important that we have Financially healthy Nissan dealers so that we can get quality service for our vehicles. Nissan has required Dealers to invest aproximately $50,000. at their dealerships to get ready for our EV`s. Charging stations,training and new bays etc. For a handfull of dealers to get a dispraportionate number of sales seems wrong. I want my discount from MSRP but there needs to be a proper balance in the ordering process. I believe that this change by Nissan is reasonable and appropriate

I am sure the total allocations are far more than cars released.
It is not like musical chairs where the last of the month to order will need to call every dealer in the state to find the last slot.

Our dealership doesn't exactly knock it out of the park on new car sales for Nissan, but we've been like that for all of our other brands. I was really worried we were going to get neutered and have a big issue, but Nissan has been liberal with the allocation. From what it seems it keeps one dealer from conquesting the orders from their region, as opposed to just doing very well.

All in all, for the volume we're doing, we're fine. It would be an issue if I was trying to sell thousands to the rental fleets, but hey, that's what the OEM is for. :lol:

Back