List of Nissan Dealers who will sell LEAF for MSRP or Less

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if the OP is still being updated, but just in case:

I got my LEAF from Town North Nissan, Austin, TX for MSRP. I dealt with Dana Woodbury (good guy).

SV: $32,780
Splash guards: $140
Mats: $170
Destination charge: $850
Total: $33,940

Thanks for the reassurance. I got concerned because on the Nissan my account page even though it says " Here is your Leaf pricing. This price does not include tax, license, doc and destination. Regards, Mark Ranauro

$33,590 transaction price

this price includes:
Nissan LEAF™ SL trim
brilliant silver edit
option added:
quick charge port
accessory added:
floor and cargo mats"

and in small print "Cost of the home installation dock, processing fees, tax title license, destination & handling charges are not included."

It's those processing fees and handling charges that seem to give the dealer some leeway so I was wondering what Connells practice is.

brownga said:
Thanks for the reassurance. I got concerned because on the Nissan my account page even though it says " Here is your Leaf pricing. This price does not include tax, license, doc and destination. Regards, Mark Ranauro
[...]
It's those processing fees and handling charges that seem to give the dealer some leeway so I was wondering what Connells practice is.
In the final pricing, the only "fudge" item (read: appears to be "pure profit") on my LEAF was a "documentation fee" of some $100. Ask about that just to be sure.

Puente Hills Nissan-City of Industry CA. 91748

Will offer $1,000 off MSRP. Please contact Eva Fuentes at [email protected]
Please mention forum member.
(626)626-2616 office
(626)833-8574 cell

I got my Leaf on Friday night from Lisa Salcedo at Fontana Nissan. 909-574-2290.
$1000 off MSRP, no gimmicks. Best car buying experience ever, the finance guy who usually tries to jam it to was hilarious and a pleasure to finish up with, Wes. Would recommend anyone not loving their dealer to call Lisa, that is how i ended up going with them, the first dealer i chose acted as if i was bothering him...and that was at full freight.
Call Lisa, you won't be disappointed.

by the way, love the Leaf.

LEAFfan said:
mrsleaf said:

Will offer up to $1,000 MSRP. Please contact Eva Fuentes at [email protected].
Please mention forum member
(626)626-2616

Up to? That doesn't necessarily mean $1000 off MSRP.

"Up to" is an old car dog term. That gets beat into you from day one, unless you revolt like I did. :lol: It leads people into agreeing to higher payments. "You said you can afford around $300 a month. $300 up to $400, or $375?" :roll:

First of all, despite the fact that we are car salesmen, not all of us are gougers. Hopefully some of us are selling it for the fact that this is one of the biggest innovations of the 21st century.
The market has already set itself anyway. Any dealer would show you the cost on the car and the gap from invoice to MSRP.

That being said, you can still get an extra $3,000 cash rebate if you live in the California Central Valley from San Joaquin County down to Kern County and every county in between.

This is an actual cash incentive you put towards the purchase before delivery- on top of the Federal tax credit and CA state rebate.

Find a dealer who does it for the love of the innovation and car.
The San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District is running this rebate program.

I am a certified Nissan Leaf Representative for Central Valley Nissan and we're here to make your Leaf experience the best car buying experience you've ever had. Not just a converted "Car-Dog" who is trying to maximize profit.

John Leder Central Valley Nissan (209) 526-3320

LEAFfan said:
mrsleaf said:

(626)626-2616

"Up to $1,000 MSRP" sounds like a pretty substantial discount! :)

If it was "Up to $1000 OFF MSRP", well that would be specific too. It means that, guaranteed, you will not get more than $1000 off MSRP. Anything less than that is fair game.. $1 off, $2 off.. $999 off.. who knows.

Like walkie talkies that get "Up To 1 Mile Range". Yes indeed, the vendor guarantees you can not reach further than 1 mile.

BrendanDolan said:
LEAFfan said:
mrsleaf said:

(626)626-2616

"Up to" is an old car dog term. That gets beat into you from day one, unless you revolt like I did. :lol: It leads people into agreeing to higher payments. "You said you can afford around $300 a month. $300 up to $400, or $375?" :roll:

You forgot, "and no more than... :lol: "

It seems Brendan Dolan (Phone: 650-364-0100; email: [email protected]), Community Director at Boardwalk Nissan, Redwood City offers 5% off from MSRP and off destination delivery fee for member here.

Georgia

Stone Mountain Nissan
Hwy 78, Lilburn, GA

Quoted payments and used MSRP without add-ons or any newer fees.
Very knowledgeable and transparent about all of our questions regarding the calculations

EDIT:
After some closer look at their quote and some not-very-clear higher than offered down payment in their numbers, I cancelled this order and went somewhere else.

Illinois

McGrath Nissan - Elgin

Liberty Imports – Libertyville (UPDATE: looks like this dealer requires a $500 non-refundable deposit, still sell at MSRP but the other two listed DO NOT REQUIRE THIS)

Martin Nissan - Skokie

All three dealer's quoted MSRP and in IL the doc' fees are state regulated (can't exceed $156.08 for 2011). The only real issue we have is for those who plan to lease as IL charges sales tax of the entire value of the car (same as a few other states) versus just the value of the lease and/or lease payments. The verdict is still out on the IL 10% MSRP rebate as the IL EPA has interpreted the current rules as for purchased cars only , not leased vehicles (I've contacted the IL EPA Manager and he is having legal dept. review). These are the only three posted so far in IL ... hope we see some more soon!

(UPDATE: 10/31/11 in case someone from IL happens to come across this; the IL EPA up to 10% off MSRP rebate is ONLY for purchased EV's NOT leased ones; also another Nissan dealer in IL (Thomas Nissan) has said on this forum that they will offer $500 off MSRP with any orders from forum members but as of this date this has yet to be verified -- their sales rep who posted had been selling LEAF's in CA; if any IL forum member purchased from Thomas Nissan of Joliet please post and let us know)

So they quoted $37,250 + tax, tags, $850 delivery fee and your options?

amtoro said:
Georgia

Stone Mountain Nissan
Hwy 78, Lilburn, GA

Quoted payments and used MSRP without add-ons or any newer fees.
Very knowledgeable and transparent about all of our questions regarding the calculations

I chose the leasing option, I ran the numbers on my own leasing payments calculator next to them and we came up with the same figures.

I used $37,250 as MSRP, $130 in accessories, an specific down payment and federal tax credit; taxes, delivery, et all were added. (not sure about tags, although it is only like $30)

Remember the GA tax credit can not be added at the time of purchase, it has to be done when you file your taxes.

I notice that there are no Oregon dealerships listed in the first post. Are they not willing to sell the Leaf at MSRP or less? Do Oregon Leaf buyers go to California or Washington to get a deal on a Leaf?

Edit:
I got a quote from Chuck Colvin Nissan in McMinnville Oregon for 4% off MSRP. Does anyone have any experience with this dealership?

Back