The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drove my new Leaf SV home today. Red with Gray interior and the Premium package. Think I got a great deal with VPP pricing and some extra dealer incentive - $232/month for 23 months (dealer picked up 1st payment) with $0 out the door.

I would post a pic if somebody can tell me how :oops: I see the "Img" button above but cant seem to paste in a pic?

ku4ever2 said:
Drove my new Leaf SV home today. Red with Gray interior and the Premium package. Think I got a great deal with VPP pricing and some extra dealer incentive - $232/month for 23 months (dealer picked up 1st payment) with $0 out the door.

I would post a pic if somebody can tell me how :oops: I see the "Img" button above but cant seem to paste in a pic?

Congrats!

ku4ever2 said:
...I would post a pic if somebody can tell me how :oops: I see the "Img" button above but cant seem to paste in a pic?
For most people it is necessary to link to an image hosting site. I use imageshack.com but there are a number of others. Then you can imbed the forum code supplied by the host site to make the image appear here. For example, like this one:

"Dirt road LEAF"

Just drove my Metallic Slate SV w/ LED+QC 24 month lease for $125/m and $3850 down including everything for $6850 ($7245 including disp fee). The color is new for this year and I have seen very few in dealer lots... my first EV and so far feel very good about the torque and handling not to mention no tailpipe!

hey kattricker!
Congrats on the LEAF. :mrgreen:
They bulit my Red SV last Friday. Hoping it is delivered by this friday. Cant wait.

Dont see where you are locate but I am leasing mine as well. I have never leased before and I have been studying up. But can you tell me what "fees" they tried to hit you with?
I see the $595 acquisition fee on the website, but only other thing listed is $300 purchase option fee, which I am assuming that you only pay if you decide to purchase. (but we all know what happens when we assume..)

LUXMAN

LUXMAN said:
I see the $595 acquisition fee on the website, but only other thing listed is $300 purchase option fee, which I am assuming that you only pay if you decide to purchase. (but we all know what happens when we assume..)
Based on reports from other owners, the $300 fee will be charged both if you assume or return. It will apparently be waived if you lease another Nissan.

A week ago this past Saturday, picked up new Leaf; we're leasing it ($2k down, $205 per mo., 36 mo); it is the S-model with essentially no options. We found car in Bessemer, AL; not knowing what to expect, I had some range anxiety on the 55 mile drive home, but leaf made it with 30 miles of claimed range to spare. The car does everything as I expected - good initial customer experience. I bought a Clipper Creek LCS25 recharging station and put it in garage. What made this convenient was that we had an electric range on the other side of the wall, which we replaced with a gas range; I reused the circuit and the heavy outlet for the charging station. (I still need to put in smaller circuit breaker than was used for the range). Charging works fine.

With a 100% charge, the Leaf reports a potential 100 mile range; with 80% charge, it reports about 82 miles range. I think you would need to drive very conservatively and without A/C to get these numbers.

I am controlling my expectations. It's possible that the hot weather here in central Alabama may deteriorate the batteries as has happened in some other places. In my case, I can tolerate quite a bit of range reduction, as my commute totals 32 miles per day - so even significant range reduction will not be a problem.

Also I signed up for Alabama Power EV rate, which drops electricity cost (during off-peak) to around 6 cents per kwh; they say it will take 5 to 10 days for this to be activated.

I still have my Mercedes sports car, but it will be used for long trips and special occasions instead of daily. (My last oil change for this car was around $250 - hence the Leaf!)

Congratulations. You sound like the perfect candidate for the Leaf. You'll love EV driving so much that you'll prefer not to drive the gasser. I can't remember when I last drove mine. Ooops, I got to remember to get the battery tender.

Hi everyone,

I picked up a black 2013 Leaf S w/ quick charge package on March 11, so I've been driving it around Portland for a few weeks now.
I really enjoy driving this vehicle! The electrical system in my house is ancient and couldn't possibly handle a charging station, but there are a couple of free level 2 and DC fast chargers nearby.
Aside from the limited range (if I could afford it, I'd get the Tesla Model S w/ the 300 mile range!!), I have no complaints about this amazing car.

2-year lease: $2000 down & $187/mo which includes all scheduled maintenance. Thank goodness for the Murfreesboro Tennessee Nissan factory!

electrifeyed said:
With a 100% charge, the Leaf reports a potential 100 mile range; with 80% charge, it reports about 82 miles range. I think you would need to drive very conservatively and without A/C to get these numbers.
Congratulations :D :D :D
The 2013 LEAF S will be a big improvement over $250 oil change on a Mercedes!!!! :eek: :eek:
Don't worry about the AC. It is almost irrelevant. Only way it will impact you much is if you sit in a parking lot with the AC running for a very long time. Running AC parked will cost maybe 1/12 bars capacity every 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how hot it is outside and how cold you have it set.
WORRY about use of the heat. The heat on the 2011 / 2012 and the 2013 S really sucks range.
TaylorSFGuy has put nearly 70,000 miles on a 2011 LEAF, with a long commute.
But he mostly has to avoid use of the heat.

Picked up my 2013 Cayenne Red Leaf SL Wednesday 4/17 from Kings Nissan northeast Cincinnati. $36,910 MSRP includes Premium Package and floor mats. Even with 12 years experience as auto dealer finance manager and 26 years as a banker, it was hard to figure out how much I actually paid for car on a 2 year lease. With VPP, I get $3,046 off MSRP. After all taxes, fees and less the $7500 tax credit rebate, the adjusted cap cost was $27,884. I paid $685 for first monthly payment, tax on cap reduction, doc and registration fees. The 24 month month lease payment is 308.05. Home Depot says that Siemens shipped the EVSE on 4/17 to be delivered today.
Dealer grounded my 2010 Maxima lease 2 payments early. Nissan Lease Loyalty program waived up to $500 excess wear & tear (EWT) fees, pre-approved a new lease, and waived the remaining payments due. The dealer promised to persuade inspection company rep to limit EWT to $500.

Congratulations to all new Leafers!

In this thread, I've pasted a screenshot corresponding to a record of 2013 leases. The raw data reside in a world-editable spreadsheet.

If you leased your Leaf in a deal that did not involve a trade-in (or similar consideration) that muddies the total cost, please feel free to add it to the spreadsheet. Whenever possible, please incorporate taxes, rebates, etc, in your total cost computation.

I'll periodically update and upload the snapshot for universal reference by prospective lessors.

LeafData.jpg

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w356/schnauzermom08/Wattstation.jpg

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w356/schnauzermom08/leaf4.jpg

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w356/schnauzermom08/leaf3.jpg

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w356/schnauzermom08/leaf2.jpg

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w356/schnauzermom08/leaf1.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

"RED" is my new SV with no added packages.
Black Recycled Cloth
Came with:
Floor Mats
Cargo Net
Parcel Shelf
Safety Kit
And "talked dealer into" window tint. 25% in back and 35% on Front windows. It does get hot here in TEXAS

Realize now that maybe I shoulda gotten a different Charge Point. The wattstation's cable in only 16'. Fine for me since I am gonna charge in the driveway, but in the future if I move into the garage, I will have to back in. :(

I actually prefer to back in to my garage so I don't have to back out into the street when I leave. That cable looks long enough to reach to the front, but I guess it doesn't, eh? My charger is on the wall by the door to the house. If I back in, the cable unfortunately creates a trip hazard. Oh well. My cable is 16' long too...I wonder if that's the standard (I have a Blink charger).

Congrats! Impressed they got the GE station installed between the garage doors...I guess they fished down the supply line through the wall?

I've had my '13 for about 6 weeks now, (SL black on black,) and I couldn't be more pleased.

The best car I've ever owned and I've had some good ones.. Aston Martin, Morgan, Porsche, Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes and even a Singer.

I leased a 2013 Leaf SV (Black) with the LED/Quick Charge package on April 6th. So far, I couldn't be more pleased. Not terribly original, but we named it Wattson (My 2001 Honda Insight was named Elektra and my 2010 Prius is named Miles because of the high mileage and it is "Kinda Blue".)

The only disappointment I've had is that I misread a PDF on the nissanusa website and thought the SV included the rearview camera and it doesn't seem to be available as an aftermarket install. I've been spoiled by the rearview cam in the 2010 Prius that my wife is now driving, so I'm missing it, but the lease is only for 2 years, I'll think I'll survive.

After a few days of communiting I did the math on household money savings and carbon footprint reductions, and the results knocked my socks off. My commute is 10 miles to and from.

Copy/pasted from my Facebook posts...

-=-=-=-=-
The mileage listed is the actual average mileage we get out of these cars, not the EPA estimates. My wife drives less efficiently than I, so I factored that in. We drive very little most weekends, so the monthly numbers in the text below are for 20 days a month. So, imagine a few dollars more per week for a few extra miles most weekends, and the occasional road trip (always in the Prius) and imagine the related savings along with it.

Me:
Leaf
$0.11 cents per kwh / 4.7miles per kwh = $0.023 cents per mile x 20 miles per day = .46 cents per day x 20 days = $9.20 per month x 12 = $110.40 per year

Prius
$4.00 per gallon / 50mpg = $0.080 cents per mile x 20 miles per day = $1.60 per day x 20 days = $32.00 per month x 12 = $384 per year

$22.80 saved per month
$273.00 saved per year

Her:
Prius
$4.00 per gallon / 47mpg = $.085 cents per mile x 14 miles per day = $1.19 per day x 20 days = $23.80 per month x 12 = $285.60 per year

Mazda5
$4.00 per gallon / 19mpg = $0.210 cents per mile x 14 miles per day = $2.94 per day x 20 days = $58.80 per month x 12 = $705.60 per year

$35.00 saved per month
$420.00 saved per year

Totals:
Total monthly savings: $57.80
Total yearly savings: 693.60
-=-=-=-=-=-

The mileage listed is the actual average mileage we get out of these cars, not the EPA estimates. My wife drives less efficiently than I, so I factored that in. We drive very little most weekends, so the monthly numbers below are for 20 days a month. So, imagine a few extra miles most weekends, and the occasional road trip (always in the Prius) and imagine the related reductions in co2 along with it.

Burning a gallon of gas emits 19.564 pounds of carbon dioxide. (This does not include the 2.6539 pounds of co2 emitted when turning oil into 1 gallon of gasoline.)

Me:
Leaf = 0 lbs of co2 per mile*

Prius
19.564 lbs of co2 per mile / 50mpg = .391 lbs of co2 per mile x 20 miles per day = 7.82 lbs per day x 20 days = 156.4 lbs per month x 12 = 1876.8 lbs of co2 per year

156.4 fewer lbs of co2 per month
1876.8 fewer lbs of co2 per year

She:
Prius
19.564 lbs of co2 per mile / 47mpg = .4162 lbs of co2 per mile x 14 miles per day = 5.83 lbs per day x 20 days = 116.6 lbs per month x 12 = 1399.2 lbs of co2 per year

Mazda5
19.564 lbs of co2 per mile / 19mpg = 1.02 lbs of co2 per mile x 14 miles per day = 14.28 lbs per day x 20 days = 285.6 lbs per month x 12 = 3427.2 lbs of co2 per year

169 fewer lbs of co2 per month
2028 fewer lbs of co2 per year (1.014 Tons)

Totals:
325.4 fewer lbs of co2 per month
3904.8 fewer lbs of co2 per year (1.95 Tons)! :eek:

*Our electric company still produces about 15% of its electricity with coal, but the rest is hydro, wind, nuclear etc. We pay a little extra for their "green power" program, which is essentially buying carbon offsets equivalent to 1 year of carbon output by an average combustion engine 4 door car. So after the offset, the carbon footprint of our Leaf is less than zero. I kept it at zero for this math.

greengate said:
I've had my '13 for about 6 weeks now, (SL black on black,) and I couldn't be more pleased.

The best car I've ever owned and I've had some good ones.. Aston Martin, Morgan, Porsche, Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes and even a Singer.

I pulled the leaf in and the cord wont reach the front. I could back in but the driveway has a good slope. But there is a jeep in there so it will be outside :cry:

I found the wall had a stud in the middle and clear between the middle and side. So it was real easy to run to the attic and over to the panel.

Back