The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my leaf.. I had wanted one since I first heard about them before they came out.. The stars and planets aligned, and my lease on my maxima was a few months out from being up, and here I am. So far it's fun. 2013 Silver SV.

:)

And a little background. I'm a sysadmin, degreed EE, sound and video engineer, vinyl electronic music DJ and traffic light collector.

Just got my Leaf. Black with Charger package and Carpeted cargo and floor mats.

List price: 31120.
Dealer discount: 11%
My total cost (including tax, fees etc): ~30500.
- Federal tax credit: 7500
- CA state rebate: 2500
= 20500.

0.9% for 60 months financing, 0 down

Now that is a sweet deal! Congratulations!
johnqh said:
Just got my Leaf. Black with Charger package and Carpeted cargo and floor mats.

List price: 31120.
Dealer discount: 11%
My total cost (including tax, fees etc): ~30500.
- Federal tax credit: 7500
- CA state rebate: 2500
= 20500.

0.9% for 60 months financing, 0 down

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

"RED" is my new SV with no added packages.
Black Recycled Cloth
Came with:
Floor Mats
Cargo Net
Parcel Shelf
Safety Kit
And "talked dealer into" window tint. 25% in back and 35% on Front windows. It does get hot here in TEXAS

Realize now that maybe I shoulda gotten a different Charge Point. The wattstation's cable in only 16'. Fine for me since I am gonna charge in the driveway, but in the future if I move into the garage, I will have to back in. :(

BTW, beautiful car. Love the color and the tint! Agree about backing in. I need to back in right now (to avoid kicking my wife out of her spot), and I never know, for sure, if I am going to run over the family dog. No back up camera on the S model
Sometimes I even use the 120 on the other side of the garage to avoid the process. Take care. Bob

Msquared said:
Cool, I didn't know the S didn't have the backup cam, but then again, it doesn't have the nav screen, so go figure. :roll:

I never thought I'd love a piece of technology so much, but I do love the back up camera. Our Leaf is the only car we have that has it, and I will want it on every car from now on. I love that it provides a MUCH wider and unobstructed view behind the vehicle versus me turning my head. The only drawback is that when it rains, a drop of rain invariably blocks the camera. Do we need a mini-wiper back there? :p

When I was shopping, only SLs were available in ATL. I found one SV up in Missouri that I looked at shipping down. But adding the shipping cost in and a few other factors, it was only $300 less than the SL. I remember the salesman telling me I was "only" losing the backup camera, solar panel, and a couple of other things I wouldn't miss. Glad I didn't go that route. I do know that the new S model is a great deal and a good way to get into the EV market (and in GA, with the rebates, it means you can buy one for less than 20K after rebates), but I do love the options of the SL.

The other item I love that I will have to have on every car going forward: Heated steering wheel! Once you try it, you'll never go back.

I got my Leaf last week in Roswell GA. My uncle and father also got there Leafs last week, but they went through a broker.

SV with no options
For me: 2 year lease, $0 down, $299 month, $395 Disposition fee

Here is my pricing justification for leasing if you are interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZqnWGfG41YdGFfclVHWVI3Mm1Qdnl2ajczSzg0cWc&usp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LUXMAN said:
bronsonb said:
The other item I love that I will have to have on every car going forward: Heated steering wheel! Once you try it, you'll never go back.
AMEN! :!:
Yes. I rarely use the heated seats but the heated steering wheel gets used a lot! I wouldn't have guessed that just having warm hands would add so much to overall comfort.

dgpcolorado said:
LUXMAN said:
bronsonb said:
AMEN! :!:
Yes. I rarely use the heated seats but the heated steering wheel gets used a lot! I wouldn't have guessed that just having warm hands would add so much to overall comfort.

Totally agree!!

TimLee said:
I hope they have improved the partially recycled cloth interior compared to the 2011 / 2012.
On the 2011 / 2012, the six months of chemical smell was very irritating.
And the high amount of static charge from the material 70% of the time remains irritating forever.

We have had our 2011 SL for 18 months, and it still has a chemical smell! I think it is worse than it was last year. I am especially noticing it more now that the weather is warmer. I need to leave the windows open more often, I suppose.

I just got MYLEAF last Friday. So far, I'm loving it! Reading all I can to fully understand MyLeaf and looking to install an L2 charging
station in my garage.

Dave...

I've had my new Leaf (a black SL) a little over a week now. I absolutely love it. I never expected it would be so much fun to drive. I did have a little EV envy when a Tesla pulled up next to me at a stop light this morning, but it only lasted a second. lol

Count me in as a very happy new Leaf owner.

Cheers,

Tory

Hey folks. My name is Dustin and I'm from Victoria, BC Canada. My wife and I bought a brand new 2012 SL last Saturday. In Canada they are still selling the 2012 models, and inventory is really drying up. We had to go to the mainland to buy one. So far everything is functioning well. Here is a pic of the car parked beside my supercharged honda fit:
479312_10151378924271596_1165493165_o.jpg

I've had my new Leaf for a month, and also I've had nobody comment on it (unless I started the conversation myself, about EVs). A friend thought at first it might be a new model of Murano; it does look a bit like that from the back.

I have started a paper log in which I daily record amount of charge, estimated range, temperature, etc., and so plan to observe over time how battery performance changes with time. Will publish results if & when I get any useful stats.

electrifeyed said:
I've had my new Leaf for a month, and also I've had nobody comment on it (unless I started the conversation myself, about EVs). A friend thought at first it might be a new model of Murano; it does look a bit like that from the back.

I have started a paper log in which I daily record amount of charge, estimated range, temperature, etc., and so plan to observe over time how battery performance changes with time. Will publish results if & when I get any useful stats.

I swear, I think it is all about shame, as I too have had the same experience and on a daily basis.

Put it this way, when you are surrounded by fat and very overweight people, do they admire your physically fit and trim looks?

They just don't want to see that to get off oil is a functioning reality and one can really drive an all electric car. (Hybrids are just crutches for now. We will eventually get there. They killed the electric car before and it always comes back!!)

Give up 64 oz sodas and the like...as well as TV? You gotta be kidding. I like my barrels..Four on the carb and two on the gun seems to be the prevailing consciousness.

We just bought a used 2011 Leaf SL with Quick-charger! Silver/tan, with 28,500 miles, 12/12 battery bars, and some minor road rash. We paid $16,800. The car was from San Francisco, so it hasn't seen much hot weather that might impact the battery.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more discussion about people getting used Leafs. Our best alternative was a new 2013 SV with the Quick-charge package, which would have cost us about $3500/yr to lease, including our predicted excess mileage fees. Assuming we keep this used Leaf for at least four years (which would be short for us), it should cost us about $2000/yr in tax and depreciation. I admit having a brand new car would be nice, but I'm not prepared to pay 75% more for it.

The previous owner upgraded to a RAV4-EV, so that's one more electric car on the road!

Back