The Market will Respond to After-Market Battery Demand

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These packs look pretty good. I'm surprised nobody is commenting on the fact that Renault decided to put peltier coolers on the pack so that when you are plugged in and charging there is cooling applied to the battery pack. Would be nice to have this on the Leaf as well. It does not cool it all the time, but just when charging, but that would still be better than nothing (that we have).

Jack had called me personally after the September 2012 Phoenix LEAF Range Test and instantly concluded that the BMS was to blame, even though he had never done anything with a LEAF then.

Subsequently, I made a suggestion in a thread somewhere that I might use LEAF packs for energy storage, and he was quick to suggest the cells were substandard.

Now that he's selling them,the cells are fine and the BMS is to blame again.

At least he's consistent.

I bought one of the Fluence packs for a conversion. I was hoping to find out if the Fluence BMS is the same as the LEAF BMS. On BMS metal case : Calsonic Kansei Corporation. Barcode label on BMS case: 293AOHB80B *B1070B3210007* 293A0B190A
I have some pictures but cannot upload them to the forum.

Back