Spreadsheet : VINs, Delivery Dates, Order Dates etc

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fear the relevance of the spreadsheet is going, going, [gone].

1. There are three scheduled February deliveries for which the owners have not updated. Where have those owners gone?
2. Someone decided to add Alyssa Milano, which means nothing without any of her other data, such as reservation time, order date, etc.
3. My PD has 18 scheduled April deliveries and none of them are on the spreadsheet.
4. There are reports of a Nissan delivery formula which is based on data only Nissan can know (# of orders by dealer, etc).

Some limited utility will remain and it is fun watching the black entries turn red, but I think the end is near.

BlueSL said:
1. There are three scheduled February deliveries for which the owners have not updated. Where have those owners gone?
The sheet hasn't been updated in a couple of days ...

I believe the chart is still relevent. However, is there any way a large reminder could be put at the top of the "active topic" page that people should update the spreadsheet

stanley said:
I believe the chart is still relevent. However, is there any way a large reminder could be put at the top of the "active topic" page that people should update the spreadsheet
It would be nice if this thread were a sticky...

It would be nice to have a way to hide crufty data...

BlueSL said:

They either didn't update, didn't get it yet, or didn't buy. Be satisfied in knowing it was was one of these.

BlueSL said:
2. Someone decided to add Alyssa Milano, which means nothing without any of her other data, such as reservation time, order date, etc.
Yes I added her. I think noting the delivery means plenty.

BlueSL said:
3. My PD has 18 scheduled April deliveries and none of them are on the spreadsheet.
We already knew that the spreadsheet would capture more early adopters and as time goes on, we would not capture the "normal" people orders as they just aren't going to go out and browse message boards about the car.

BlueSL said:
4. There are reports of a Nissan delivery formula which is based on data only Nissan can know (# of orders by dealer, etc).
Um ok. Care to share the reports?

BlueSL said:
Some limited utility will remain and it is fun watching the black entries turn red, but I think the end is near.

I think knowing deliveries are being made is it's prime use at this point, so personally I think there's plenty of utility left.

You know if people keep saying stuff like this, it really doesn't help me want to continue to update it. So if you don't think the spreadsheet is worth it, then don't look at it. :ugeek:

evnow said:
drees said:
It would be nice if this thread were a sticky...
It is a sticky ...
Whoops, it is. I guess I thought I'd find it in the announcement section.

turbo2ltr said:
You know if people keep saying stuff like this, it really doesn't help me want to continue to update it. So if you don't think the spreadsheet is worth it, then don't look at it. :ugeek:
I think that plenty of people find it very useful. That said - perhaps you'd feel less stressed about it if more people had access to update it?

turbo2ltr said:
I think knowing deliveries are being made is it's prime use at this point, so personally I think there's plenty of utility left.

Absolutely. It has been very useful and will continue to be. It makes a big differencing in knowing there are others like us.

BTW, I suggest noting in the spreadsheet somewhere what the last updated date is. May be in the stats tab.

evnow said:
BTW, I suggest noting in the spreadsheet somewhere what the last updated date is. May be in the stats tab.

The last column to the right shows when each entry was updated.

And Turbo, I for one very much appreciate the work you put into updating the spreadsheet. I enjoy pulling it up daily to see if anything has changed. I once was the 76th person on the list. Last time i checked I was #299 or so. Today I may have slipped below 300. Gives me something to do until May(be).

BlueSL said:

Um ok. Care to share the reports?

Sorry I can't find the link, but someone here quoted from an email or chat message from Nissan customer service saying that Nissan's formula would not match up with reservation or order time because Nissan had its own formula.

Also, look at spreadsheet line 227 -- Googler. There's something like 100 entries above him without a VIN, but he's got one with an October 14 order date.

TURBO2LTR -- We all love you. This is an awesome thing you are doing. I was just commenting on the changing times.

leafkabob said:
evnow said:

The last column to the right shows when each entry was updated.

And Turbo, I for one very much appreciate the work you put into updating the spreadsheet. I enjoy pulling it up daily to see if anything has changed. I once was the 76th person on the list. Last time i checked I was #299 or so. Today I may have slipped below 300. Gives me something to do until May(be).

I think it is pretty clear that those who are on the cusp of delivery or have taken delivery stop thinking about the spreadsheet just as it is becoming most useful to those below them on the list. Maybe Turbo could be given some moderator privileges to blast email the 50 or so black ink entries just below the red entries asking them to please update their status.

I see the VIN numbers creeping up above 600, just got to ask, what should I do if I get VIN #666? :twisted:

OK, last post on this topic.

Here is a link to the Nissan-sponsored information I mentioned about reservation and order time not being determinative of delivery schedules.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2666&start=50

Beachcliffs wrote:
Here is response I received today from Nissan chat with regards to why someone with a January order date would trump my early October order date ...

Quote:
Your delivery timing cannot be compared with any other order because they are individual orders, and vehicle delivery dates can vary due to production schedules, shipping logistics, and many other factors. Each dealer has an order cap per month, a production cap per month, and shipping cap per month.Not a very satisfactory response (especially the first sentence), but at least it is confirmation of dealer quotas.

[From drees] Which is completely BS - I've stated before that jcesare has the same exact dealer as me and same car. The only option I got was floor mats, which I expect everyone is getting. Both of us are in the EV Project. The only physical difference is that he got blue and mine is silver and he ordered Jan 25 (Jan order month) while I ordered Oct 22 (Sept order month).

So unless there is a shortage of silver (unlikely as there are other silver cars with an April delivery date who ordered well after me) either Nissan has screwed up deliveries or the dates are not accurate.

(Italics added).

I think the problem can be traced to the very detailed spread sheet produced by turbo2ltr and csriram45! (many thanks to all involved) that allows everyone to see behind the curtain. If this information didn't exist as did in the dark days before MyNissanLeaf.com, no one would have any idea when order/deliver dates were and that there was significant differences in order/delivery dates.

I have to call BS on Nissan on this one. They weren't ready for this type of searchable documentation and are scrambling to account for the knowledge we have.

Yup yup -- the days of preventing your customers from talking to each other are OVER.
A different kind of transparency, communication, and PR is now required, and Nissan is failing miserably.

Between the CAB, the forum participation, and the order progress communication through *tracker, I hate to admit that Chevy just stomped all over Nissan and showed them whats-what.

Too bad I don't want their Volt as much as I want a Leaf. :)

Back