Spreadsheet : VINs, Delivery Dates, Order Dates etc

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
palmermd said:
Is reeler really a 9/7 order? He must have been offered a chance to order on 8/31, but just took his time. Is that correct?

good question, i wondered about that, but i think he had dash issues like most of us.

i am technically either a "9/1" order since that is when it was successfully submitted or an "8/31" order since that is when i was invited to submit my RAQ... so who knows? dont think even the Shadow can help us on that one

garygid said:
Many businesses do not accept AmExpress credit cards.
Yes, but when the web page specifically listed AmEx as supported, but then kept saying mine was invalid while I was rushing to get my reservation in as quickly as possible on 4/20, that is extremely annoying!

It was just a flat bug, Gary, and the second Critical Mess bug that bit me that afternoon. Can you imagine building a website that says it supports a specific credit card, and then not running even one test with that credit card before going live?? Critical Mess bugs cost me a day on being able to order. That, plus my dealer's absence on 9/1 may have cost me months on delivery. Am I bitter? You bet I am.

I already donated my car to my granddaughter, expecting that I would have my LEAF in December. Now I'm thinking it won't be until March.

DaveinOlyWA said:
i am technically either a "9/1" order since that is when it was successfully submitted or an "8/31" order since that is when i was invited to submit my RAQ... so who knows? dont think even the Shadow can help us on that one
Interesting point. I submitted my RAQ on 9/1, but the dealer didn't get back to me until 9/2, so that's my order date.

This spreadsheet is the first time I've used Google Docs, and I have to say it's pretty amazing.
It's like Excel, only from the Future!

So far, all the known VINs are from 8/31 and a few 9/1 orders, Reeler being the odd "hand-picked' selection with both the lowest known VIN and a 9/7 order date. There are still 8/31 orders with near dates and no shown VIN number. It could be these owners either haven't checked Carwings, or want to keep it unpublished.

There are 28 8/31 orders, which is more than the number (23) of September orders in total!
I don't know if this is just a sampling bias, with the eager beavers (first to reserve, first to order) more willing to fill out a spreadsheet entry, but it was surprising.

GroundLoop said:
There are 28 8/31 orders, which is more than the number (23) of September orders in total!
I don't know if this is just a sampling bias, with the eager beavers (first to reserve, first to order) more willing to fill out a spreadsheet entry, but it was surprising.

This is a spreadsheet intended to list your vin number and delivery date. If you don't have one, they whats the point in filling out the form with "pending".

I am an 8/31 without an exact date yet. The reason is that my dashboard is caught in a Waiver "checkbox" loop. It claims I need to order my car even though I have Congratulations at the top. In BIG yellow text it say click the Waiver Checkbox. If I do it says I can't do that because I have already ordered a car?!? Dooohhhh!!! Then it starts the whole process again. Nissan says they know about it and they are working on a dashboard solution. Others have this same problem but don't know how many.

planet4ever said:
garygid said:
Many businesses do not accept AmExpress credit cards.
Yes, but when the web page specifically listed AmEx as supported, but then kept saying mine was invalid while I was rushing to get my reservation in as quickly as possible on 4/20, that is extremely annoying!
Yes - the Amex fiasco cost me 8/31 order date.

When Reserving on 4/20, their "magnificant" system would NOT accept my previous "LEAF-Interest" login, so I had to create a new one, get the email to verify it, and THEN Reserve. Their buggy system cost me a couple of months delivery delay with the extra 15 minutes needed to create an "Interest" account. But, fortunately, that "trick" let me order then, instead of waiting until May.

Yes, it is somewhat shocking to see such untested, buggy software in such a "public" position, ... unless you count MS software. :lol:

My situation is similar to TRONZ.

I listed my VIN as TBD; more appropriately it should probably be TBA (To Be Assigned). I suggest everyone show "TBA" or "<blank>" for any fields that Nissan has not yet given you the info. When you have the info, either list it, or mark it "private" or "redacted" or "Conf." or something similar, so that we know Nissan assigned the info but you are not inclined to reveal it. Using "xxx" could cause confusion between "blank" and "private", so be specific.

hobbyguy said:
Mine changed to 10th too, but remember:
30 days prior to your expected delivery timing your online reservation account will update your delivery timing information on a weekly basis
Could change back or go earlier or later, we will have to see when the dashboards update next week!

Sure enough, mine had gone from week of the 5th to week of the 10th. Today it's back to the 5th...

TRONZ said:
I am an 8/31 without an exact date yet. The reason is that my dashboard is caught in a Waiver "checkbox" loop. It claims I need to order my car even though I have Congratulations at the top. In BIG yellow text it say click the Waiver Checkbox. If I do it says I can't do that because I have already ordered a car?!? Dooohhhh!!! Then it starts the whole process again. Nissan says they know about it and they are working on a dashboard solution. Others have this same problem but don't know how many.

YES!! That G.D. "waiver" thing. My 8/21 RAQ got screwed to Sept 2 simply due to that VERY issue ... which we were promised WOULD not ... COULD not become an issue. And yet I'd already turned in ALL waivers to AV ... EVERYTHING . . . . 4/20 deposit in under 40 minutes of availability ... calling and calling Nissan & AV for help, "HEY ... why does the dashboard say "pending waiver" ??? First residential AV install in all of So Cal ... (multiple) home owner for decades, lots & lots of garage space ... grid tied PV ... all the while trying to offer up MULTIPLE corporate PR spotlights to Nissan and their early Leaf deliveries ... NOTHING. Now? It's back to pending? WTH?!? Yet Gudy, living in a rental, opts for 120v ... 67 miles from the dealer. And Nissan suddenly wants to make "special arrangements" for Gudy to get an AV EVSE (though he's never contacted AV) on the "fast track". No one is happier for Gudy than I ... but this process is like multiple groin kicks, and it can not be reconciled.
"waiver" . . . don't get me started.
Carwings opens up, then closes, then opens then closes ... never allowing completion, and thus no VIN. Maybe Nissan made the first batches of leafs ... and if someone happen to order THAT package ... THAT color ... THAT ... set of options ... and carwings got done first, then THEY went to the front ... that's the only thing that would make sense to me.

Finally added my info. Have to believe the amex reservation snafu (which delayed my confirmation email until 4/26) is the culprit for me...well, other than sitting on ordering for a couple of days...

Ok, so what did I do to deserve getting deleted? #245 is back in the spreadsheet. 12 ahead of the other Antelope Valley Nissan buyer. :) See you there!

There seems to be some ongoing disagreement about sort order.

Should it be sorted primarily by VIN#, or by Order Date?

Seems like it makes more sense to have it sorted by Order Date, then Delivery Estimate, then VIN#. I don't think we can assign much meaning to VIN# when gudy is getting 206 and Jimmydreams is looking at 175 in Jan.

I wish people wouldn't mess with it so much (who changed the font, but didn't bother adjusting column sizes?), but on the other hand, as long as nothing is being deleted, just sort it the way you want when you are looking at it. If someone wants something different, they can sort it when they look at it.

Personally I like VIN order. But that doesn't mean everyone else has to..that's the beauty of the collaborative environment.

You can also save a copy to your own google doc account, they you can mess with it all you want.

After looking at this data, I've lost all confidence in Nissan's entire ordering system. I did my reservation on April 20 at about 1:30 pm (give or take 10 minutes) and received my RAQ on September 7. I'm still Pending. People who reserved an hour or two after I did are scheduled to receive their LEAFs January 5, 2011. What gives? Oh well. There is nothing that can be done to change it now. It is, what it is.

hill said:
TRONZ said:

YES!! That G.D. "waiver" thing. My 8/21 RAQ got screwed to Sept 2 simply due to that VERY issue ... which we were promised WOULD not ... COULD not become an issue. And yet I'd already turned in ALL waivers to AV ... EVERYTHING . . . . 4/20 deposit in under 40 minutes of availability ... calling and calling Nissan & AV for help, "HEY ... why does the dashboard say "pending waiver" ??? First residential AV install in all of So Cal ... (multiple) home owner for decades, lots & lots of garage space ... grid tied PV ... all the while trying to offer up MULTIPLE corporate PR spotlights to Nissan and their early Leaf deliveries ... NOTHING. Now? It's back to pending? WTH?!? Yet Gudy, living in a rental, opts for 120v ... 67 miles from the dealer. And Nissan suddenly wants to make "special arrangements" for Gudy to get an AV EVSE (though he's never contacted AV) on the "fast track". No one is happier for Gudy than I ... but this process is like multiple groin kicks, and it can not be reconciled.
"waiver" . . . don't get me started.
Carwings opens up, then closes, then opens then closes ... never allowing completion, and thus no VIN. Maybe Nissan made the first batches of leafs ... and if someone happen to order THAT package ... THAT color ... THAT ... set of options ... and carwings got done first, then THEY went to the front ... that's the only thing that would make sense to me.

If I were you, I would cancel my order. :?

I am really enjoying the google docs spreadsheet. It is very interesting to watch it grow and see the TBAs get replaced with delivery dates!

Latest posts

Back