SiriusXM trial is for 6 months, not 3.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy3 said:
But they told me it comes with a six month trial. And the trial started when it was at Long Beach (December 10, 2010 in my LEAF's case).
Your trial should start when the car is sold, not when it is activated. It is usually activated at the dealership in new vehicles so that the vehicle may be experienced with satellite radio during a test drive. When the vehicle is sold, the customer trial time frame begins, based on the new vehicle retail delivery report (RDR). This is the first that I had heard about it being 6 months, but based on previous posts, it seems some that have had their cars for more than 3 months are still receiving it for free. I have not called XM to confirm, but they have a toll free number somewhere to do so. Trust me... XM will call and/or write when it is time to subscribe. Wouldn't you? :)

The bbc joke/song is from one of the austin powers movies. Btw where is Howard Stern, I thought xm and sirius merged, am I missing something?

DarkStar said:
Well, I've flipped through the stations twice and unfortunately I'm not impressed... I would probably get it if the audio quality was better
+1 to this.

The audio quality is SO FAR below what CD, MP3, or any other medium offers that it belongs in the dustbin with FM. Sad -- it used to be much better when they rolled it out.
instead I think I'm going to work on a way to hook up a hard drive in the LEAF that can be accessed from my wireless network so I can just move my music library over...
With a 32GB microSD in the USB slot, I'm just about there.

I talked to XM Radio today.

They say the radio was already activated on December 21, so my six month trial subscription ends in June. So, "SIX WEEKS" instead of six months.

I explained that the car was built in March, so this is impossible.. but they said maybe the radio came from another car or somesuch BS. Basically "Whatever, nothing I can do about it, ask your dealer."

I think I lucked out on the CSR lottery. They said they reset my trial subscription to start the day I picked up the car.

Back