Leaf order last minute nightmare from Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This car has a specific configuration. I will bet there are at least 5 orders on the spreadsheet with no VIN and no "week of" delivery promise that would fit the order exactly. I will also bet one of them is by a Boardwalk customer.

Why is Nissan trying to shoehorn this car into the OP's order? It makes no sense. Give the car to someone who wants it and give the OP what he ordered!

There are not that many LEAF variations so it would seem very possible. I do think that the SV option was not as popular though.

This has been an interesting situation to say the least, and the first I've seen. I'm still working through it with Nissan, as it looks like they were under the impression he wanted to upgrade to that car to be part of the EVProject, but he didn't give the order, and I'm powerless to change an order (all I can do is confirm the cost delta on the order change).

I should have resolution on this tomorrow, and the route I want is to grab an orphaned SV from someone else who upgraded to get in the EV Project, and get the OP back in an SV, at the agreed upon price. Both he and I are a little surprised by the whole situation, but I'm sure Nissan is going to work it out to his satisfaction.

BrendanDolan said:
the route I want is to grab an orphaned SV from someone else who upgraded to get in the EV Project, and get the OP back in an SV, at the agreed upon price...

I'm pretty sure this is the first thing Brendan thought to check, but with any luck, perhaps my original SV 0697 might still be available...

I have a different take on it as they could say "your right, were sorry it is not the car you ordered. We will let you know when your car comes in." Which might be next fall. There are folks who ordered before you who are still waiting for a call. I think they are being nice to offer the SL to you. It is a nice car and IMHO the options are worth $2,000.00 and I think you will regret loosing your spot.

Just my 2 cents.

MrFish said:
I have a different take on it as they could say "your right, were sorry it is not the car you ordered. We will let you know when your car comes in."
This!

That's exactly what they'll do. It's not like Nissan hasn't confused, delayed, and pissed off a customer before. They get a executive bonus for angst.

And the new catch phrase for the day is:

...model anxiety ...

*shiver*

Nissan should be making good on the original agreement, IMO.

No computer assigned an SL to a customer who ordered an SV. Computers don't put square pegs into round holes. Only a human could do this.

What arrogant Nissan employee looked at the pool of cars available and decided that an SL in the same color was good enough for the OP, and then left it to Brendan to try to sell it to him? It's bizarre.

So the cars are made in batches without reference to any actual order? Then some (fallible) person goes about matching the finished cars with the existing orders? And the (fallible) person skipped hundreds/thousands of orders and started matching January and February orders with February and early March production to the detriment of unfilled September, October, November and December orders? And that same person (or another like him) decided an SL would be "close enough" for someone who ordered an SV? A high school kid could write a software program that would do a better job than Nissan has.

I still want to know if the dashboard said SV with a VIN and if that VIN matched the car SL delivered.
Can the SV vs SL be easily distinguished in the VIN?

BlueSL said:
No computer assigned an SL to a customer who ordered an SV. Computers don't put square pegs into round holes. Only a human could do this.

What arrogant Nissan employee looked at the pool of cars available and decided that an SL in the same color was good enough for the OP, and then left it to Brendan to try to sell it to him? It's bizarre.

So the cars are made in batches without reference to any actual order? Then some (fallible) person goes about matching the finished cars with the existing orders? And the (fallible) person skipped hundreds/thousands of orders and started matching January and February orders with February and early March production to the detriment of unfilled September, October, November and December orders? And that same person (or another like him) decided an SL would be "close enough" for someone who ordered an SV? A high school kid could write a software program that would do a better job than Nissan has.
A lot of assumption and unsubstantiated blame in this post. Let's stick to the facts. Please review the OP's and Brendan's posts for how the error occurred. The OP had some communication with Nissan regarding the EV Project, we don't know what happened exactly, but that is where the error began.

jamesanne said:
Let's stick to the facts. Please review the OP's and Brendan's posts for how the error occurred. The OP had some communication with Nissan regarding the EV Project, we don't know what happened exactly, but that is where the error began.

The OP is being given an SL with no QC. It could never be an EV project car.

Well, I'm glad this is a rare occurrence, and I needn't worry about this happening. Now excuse me while I go make screenshots of my order page :D

BlueSL said:
That was not clear to me. I thought the OP wanted an SV with no QC but is now being offered an SL with QC.

Never mind, I see its in the follow up post:
leafetarian said:
Nissan says that I cannot get qualified for EV project because, the car they sent for me is SL without quick charge port

leafetarian said:
Nissan says that I cannot get qualified for EV project because, the car they sent for me is SL without quick charge port and also because I got Aerovironment charger installed in Dec 2010 (which I paid for under pressure of the expiring tax credit by Dec 2010).

Edit: you beat me to it, Spies.

BlueSL said:
jamesanne said:
Let's stick to the facts. Please review the OP's and Brendan's posts for how the error occurred. The OP had some communication with Nissan regarding the EV Project, we don't know what happened exactly, but that is where the error began.

Not to be rude, but swing and a miss. OP's car has a QC port. While I don't want to come across as too crass, wild speculation about the ordering process and this situation does nobody any good, so please leave the speculation to yourself. This order mixup is annoying enough for the OP to deal with and wild guesses from the peanut gallery do absolutely nothing to help his situation. I processed his RAQ personally, and I've seen his dashboard, his order sheet, the wholesale, and the invoice. Have you? If not, stop speculating. The dashboard says no QC, but the car has one, and it's on the invoice.

Facts that I uncover with Nissan as to why they changed the order, and more importantly what we're going to do to fix it for the OP is what's important.

For the record, when you accept an RAQ, that order is processed, and built for you. There isn't a mouth breathing 80 point IQ human matching cars to orders.

BrendanDolan said:
The dashboard says no QC, but the car has one, and it's on the invoice.

Facts that I uncover with Nissan as to why they changed the order, and more importantly what we're going to do to fix it for the OP is what's important.

For the record, when you accept an RAQ, that order is processed, and built for you. There isn't a mouth breathing 80 point IQ human matching cars to orders.

Some mouth breather wrote the software that allows the dashboard and the invoice to "disagree." I wonder if it is the same mouth breather who built the Leaf website that came to a grinding halt on 4/20, would not accept Amex, and now insists on running through a graphic every time you login before it will allow you to see your account.

Leafetarian, consider agreeing to pay for the upgrade from SV to SL, ask for the QC for free, and get out of Dodge.

I have been working with Brendan at Boardwalk Nissan, Redwood City and he has been trying to help.
As I told both Nissan and Boardwalk Nissan, I can pay extra for SL if Nissan includes me in the EV project / eTec and let me benefit from government subsidy on Quick charge port and Ecotality.
Part of the confusion is compounded by the fact that Nissan has been telling me all day yesterday over phone that my car is SL without Quick charge port and so it won't qualify for EV project. But, Brendan recently posted the car probably has Quick charge port.

As far as I am concerned I don't see fairness in making me pay extra for SL without including me in EV project when the fact is that I never authorized any order upgrade (either by email, phone or any click in website) from original SV order and my dashboard has been showing the same original SV price.

Around the time EV project came to bay area, Nissan had called me to ask if I want to sign up for it and I told them I was interested in participating and I did understand that if I was **accepted** into EV project, my order would be upgraded. But, the EV Project survey never came to my account although they kept promising for 2 weeks that it would be in my account within 72 hours. Finally, they told me they won't include me in EV project because I already had Aerovironment charger. During these phone calls I had very explicitly told them to not add any extras like SL or QC unless I was being accepted in to EV project.

I have no problem with getting rid of Aerovironment and installing Ecotality if Nissan includes me.

How are people getting into EV project after picking up Leaf? It seems like last minute addition while I have been told by Nissan that for couple of months before delivery that it is too late to include me in EV project. It would help me if you can post details.

Back