Should I buy a second charging cable

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeftieBiker said:
SageBrush said:
LeftieBiker said:
If you get a bicycle pump I strongly suggest you get the foot operated type.
Why ?

Have you ever tried to inflate a car tire with a little hand pump? The full-sized ones are ok (and take up a lot of space), but the smaller ones are meant for bicycle tires.
I routinely use a bicycle pump to inflate the tyres, although admittedly never from empty. I keep the ~ two feet long by 2" diameter pump in the frunk. No problem.

Ok, then I suggest that other people get a decent foot pump. It takes much more exertion with even a good hand pump than with a foot pump, because the arms didn't evolve to be good at that set of movements - you'd want to train for that potential soft tire. ;)

LeftieBiker said:
Ok, then I suggest that other people get a decent foot pump. It takes much more exertion with even a good hand pump than with a foot pump, because the arms didn't evolve to be good at that set of movements - you'd want to train for that potential soft tire. ;)

I used a foot-pump on my cars for many years and it worked nicely even back when my cars were basket cases. Nowadays I just carry a small electric pump, in addition to the one in the emergency kit. Either way make sure to operate the pump occasionally to validate its functionality and to keep the seals healthy.

Nubo said:
LeftieBiker said:

I used a foot-pump on my cars for many years and it worked nicely even back when my cars were basket cases. Nowadays I just carry a small electric pump, in addition to the one in the emergency kit. Either way make sure to operate the pump occasionally to validate its functionality and to keep the seals healthy.

I also started with a foot pump in my car, and later switched to corded 12 volt electric. I used a Husky home/garage compressor, for long enough to see the hose rot. Now I use a battery-electric pump, on my bicycles, maxi-scooter, and our cars.

Back