Santa Monica Nissan Screwed me (and others?)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a misunderstanding between myself and the dealership. The problem has been resolved and I would buy a car from them in the future.
-Mitchell

mkraus said:
There was a misunderstanding between myself and the dealership. The problem has been resolved and I would buy a car from them in the future.
-Mitchell
Oh brother. A new low thread for this forum.

This:
mkraus said:
Got my LEAF last week. Love it so far, but am still not happy with the dealership. I showed up to pick up the car, and the first thing I realize is that they added $790 of features that I didn't order. (They took them off and refunded the money after a dozen or so calls and complaints).

But, when I ordered the car through them they promised me a $500 gift card (and they did it in writing in this forum and other locations online). I decided to do the right thing and order locally instead of taking the cash off MSRP from other dealerships. While signing the forms, they handed me my "gift card." It wasn't a gift card but a "discount card" that gave me 15% off of service and 3 free oil changes (which the LEAF doesn't need). My estimate is that it would take over 7 years of regular service to get to $500.

Classic car dealership bait and switch. Even though the car is good, they are rip-off artists like most dealership. I was told I could take the deal or refuse my car and be put on the bottom of the wait list.

Buy from anyone but them.

To This
mkraus said:
-Mitchell

Mitchell, could you please provide a bit more detail--how this began, and how it ended--something to explain rather drastic change of heart? Did they try and slam you, or did they not? Even if they bent over backwards to make good...

mkraus said:
-Mitchell
So they made up for the misunderstanding today? Or was the initial post a complete error?
Sounds like an agonising weekend at the very least... no thanks.

EVDRIVER said, "What did your sales person say, please don't tell me it's the guy who was the EV advocate, that would really be the icing on the cake." and further "Perhaps he has gone to the dark side."

I take offense at these comments. You don't know me, and for you to make these kinds of disparaging comments about me in a public forum when you have no basis for doing so borders on liable. For the record, I had nothing to do with this transaction. Please leave me out of it. If you persist in denigrating my name in this forum, I will seek counsel and you, and whoever moderates this forum, will be taken to court.

I've worked too hard to get EVs back in the market for someone who can't even use his real name to drag my name and reputation through the mud.

ENIAC said:
I suggest the way forward is that mkraus changes his login to "Emily Litella" (from SNL), the thread is locked, and we call it good.
:D :D

Or change the name of the thread to "Santa Monica Nissan" Period. I don't see the need for all the drama over this. Someone at a car dealership, well, acted like a car dealer; and/or there was a misunderstanding. The consumer complained publicly. The dealer made it right, and the consumer is happy. That's a pretty good outcome all around. Meanwhile, someone wonders, oh no, I hope that famous EV advocate wasn't involved. Answer: Paul Scott? No, he wasn't. That sure doesn't sound like libel to me! It sounds like business doing business and customers being satisfied.

walterbays said:
ENIAC said:
I suggest the way forward is that mkraus changes his login to "Emily Litella" (from SNL), the thread is locked, and we call it good.
:D :D

Or change the name of the thread to "Santa Monica Nissan" Period. I don't see the need for all the drama over this. Someone at a car dealership, well, acted like a car dealer; and/or there was a misunderstanding. The consumer complained publicly. The dealer made it right, and the consumer is happy. That's a pretty good outcome all around. Meanwhile, someone wonders, oh no, I hope that famous EV advocate wasn't involved. Answer: Paul Scott? No, he wasn't. That sure doesn't sound like libel to me! It sounds like business doing business and customers being satisfied.

Yea, I don't know who this Paul Scott Guy is or why he thinks I was talking about him but I do know what car sales people are like:)

EVDRIVER said:
Yea, I don't know who this Paul Scott Guy is or why he thinks I was talking about him but I do know what car sales people are like:)
I do believe that an apology/retraction is in order. You certainly have been around the forum enough to know who he is and his history.

I disagree!

drees said:
EVDRIVER said:
I do believe that an apology/retraction is in order. You certainly have been around the forum enough to know who he is and his history.

mkraus said:
This is to confirm that Paul had nothing to do with the transaction.
You still haven't let us know how this thing was resolved. Did they give you $500 off ?

I think anyone else who has ordered thr' the dealer deserves to know the facts.

Stoaty said:
Threatening legal action in your first post to the forum doesn't seem like a very good way to build good customer relations.
Actually it appears it was his 37th post and he also doesn't seem to understand who moderates this forum.

ENIAC said:
Stoaty said:
Threatening legal action in your first post to the forum doesn't seem like a very good way to build good customer relations.
Actually it appears it was his 37th post and he also doesn't seem to understand who moderates this forum.
(Thanks to this forum) I know who this Paul Scott guy is. And he doesn't seem like any kind of smooth spokesman or smarmy used car dealer. He seems like an opinionated dedicated EV enthusiast - like the kind of guy who might have done something like help bring (back) the EV to world transportation. Without him and some others on this forum I might never have had the opportunity to buy a true 21st century vehicle. I'd cut him some slack. ;)

It would be good to hear from a second or third buyer from Santa Monica Nissan to see how they describe their transaction. Did they pay the price they expected? Did they get only the options they ordered?
Did they get a real $500 gift card?

walterbays said:
ENIAC said:
Stoaty said:
(Thanks to this forum) I know who this Paul Scott guy is. And he doesn't seem like any kind of smooth spokesman or smarmy used car dealer. He seems like an opinionated dedicated EV enthusiast - like the kind of guy who might have done something like help bring (back) the EV to world transportation. Without him and some others on this forum I might never have had the opportunity to buy a true 21st century vehicle. I'd cut him some slack. ;)
Just so you know, EVDRIVER has prolly done 10X more for the advancement of EVs than Paul Scott. Yet, they are both superstars in their own ways.

Back