Range & Refueling needs for a trip EV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2k1Toaster said:
You can have insurance policies where the car is fully covered all the time, but you just have to tell them when you are going to drive each car. The insurance goes from almost nothing to "normal" for the day that vehicle is being driven. So the sports cars get that coverage and the rest are just normal full coverage. And in my world, if you have the means, you should help others that don't. I don't see them as "freeloaders".

Drove the Honda Accord in the morning, DeLorean this-afternoon to go get some California Pizza Kitchen lunch, and in the Prius now until tomorrow morning.
I have owned multiple cars for 30+ years and I have never heard of such a policy. could you please clue me in onto the name of this type of policy and what insurance company offers it? maybe I could finally save some money on insurance costs!

apvbguy said:
2k1Toaster said:
You can have insurance policies where the car is fully covered all the time, but you just have to tell them when you are going to drive each car. The insurance goes from almost nothing to "normal" for the day that vehicle is being driven. So the sports cars get that coverage and the rest are just normal full coverage. And in my world, if you have the means, you should help others that don't. I don't see them as "freeloaders".

Drove the Honda Accord in the morning, DeLorean this-afternoon to go get some California Pizza Kitchen lunch, and in the Prius now until tomorrow morning.
I have owned multiple cars for 30+ years and I have never heard of such a policy. could you please clue me in onto the name of this type of policy and what insurance company offers it? maybe I could finally save some money on insurance costs!
Some companies are now offering 'pay as you drive' policies, as indicated above. AAA, which I have, doesn't currently, and I'm thinking of switching to one that does when it comes due for renewal, given that my car sits on my parking pad all week long, and only gets used for trips - I've already got the smallest annual mileage allowance that AAA has, 5k, and I've been around half that the past couple of (unusually low mileage) years. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage-based_insurance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back