This seems odd to me...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gozer

New to me 22 leaf s. 13k miles. The battery temp gauge barely moves! I mean it was 32 deg 2 nights ago when I got up, car was outside not plugged in. No prob booting up, temp shows on the left of center.. ? car has been off for 8 hours! Gauge barely moved during 50 mile commute at 65-70mph.
Why would the batt be that warm at the start of the day?

There are 2 blue, 8 white, and 2 red bars. 3 bars is typical for 10's to 20's. 4 bars is typical from 30's to 50's. Around 60's to 70's for 5 bars. Battery temperature changes very slowly. It can take 12-24 hours to catch up with large ambient temperature changes. With DCFC you can see it add a bar or sometimes 2 while it's charging. For me, after DCFC where the battery is well above ambient, I've never seen it lose a bar even after driving for an hour at 65 MPH.

you are talking a large mass completely enclosed. What you also have to understand is the temp bars aren't linear so the mid range is going to be the norm a lot. Right now my norm is 5 bars (one below the middle) and will stay that way for at least another month. It was at 4 bars for 3-4 months.

Also keep in mind that the dash lights vary as to when they come on. I tracked several changes.

https://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2019/05/temperature-bars-on-leaf.html

Back