Public discussion of Tony Williams ban from Mynissanleaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob said:
I don't know Mike. I don't know Tony. I don't know exactly what happened.

I do moderate another very popular forum. On that forum, this kind of open discussion about moderators and people would not be permitted. On the forum that I moderate, the rules are very strict - stay on topic, don't talk negatively about others. People have been warned and bounced from that forum for breaking this rule.

Regardless of what happened, I salute Mike for allowing this discussion and working this out. He has the power to squelch dissent and have his way, yet elected to take the high road. Thank you, Mike.

I also salute Tony for his contributions. Thank you, Tony.

Bob

****, I don't even know what happened!!! But, we've lost the debate here. If PRIVATELY using insults and swear words are the problem, then I should be banned from everything, everyday !!!

You're welcome, by the way. I fully assumed Mike would delete this stuff... for what it's worth.

Let's be clear. Mike banned me first (and had absolutely nothing to do with your forum moderation guidelines), then we had PRIVATE exchanges via email (I did not talk on the phone at all, because I wanted everything in print). Then, subsequent to those PRIVATE emails, PLUS the efforts of Jeremy who started this thread, and many others, Mike relented and reinstated me.

So I'm going to repeat. The PRIVATE conversation of two adults was NOT ON A WEBSITE until the owner of this website, Mike, posted it (after I had been banned and unbanned). I'm the very person who linked to thread on the Rav4 EV forum which contained Mike's posts of our private conversation. I'm not hiding anything, you'll note. I operate very openly in virtually all my dealings.

Please don't twist this into anything different. I moderate forums, too, even one of Mike's... until a few days ago.

TorC said:
ElectricEddy said:
TorC...
I tried to find that Norwegian forum with no luck, can you paste a link please?
Thanks

elbilforum.no
"

Sorry Guest, you are banned from this forum! The forum is closed for use outside Western Europe and North America. If you've been locked out, "think" the browser that you are locked out, even if you're back on safe IPs. You must then delete Coki and cache in your browser to gain access again.
71.208.0.0 - 71,223,255,255
This exclusion is set to last forever "

No worries -- I just thought it was amusing. By the way, last time I checked Colorado was in N. America

TorC said:
TonyWilliams said:
I'll also remind you that I am a former US Marine. I have a very strong sense of right and wrong, and freely attack that which I find to be wrong, not only against myself, but others as well.

That might be the main problem here. What your sense of right and wrong might not be correct. I have served for the Norwegian Marines...

I don't claim to be "correct"... I stated my position, and that statement is correct of my position.

Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree. That someone is disagreeing with you is not an attack on neither your business nor your person.

You might be talking about a different event. Mike didn't "disagree" with me.

You have done a lot for the EV-community. And we are all very grateful for all you have done. You are however now actively tearing down your legacy and reputation. And I am very sorry to see that.

I suspect we disagree a lot, but I don't take action to secure some nebulous "legacy". Nor would I change my actions in the future. I'll stick with right and wrong. You might be confusing me with a politician, who will change his words and actions to which ever way the wind is blowing.

You and Mike needs to do a reality check. Mike runs a really crappy forum (have a look at the Norwegian forum to see how it should be done). You are acting like you have nothing left to live for if you are banned from the forum. So you both should try to do some serious thinking.

Ya, we've all noticed the quality of the forum over the years. Numerous issues. If it seems that I have "nothing left to live for" and I have already been reinstated within 24 hours, maybe I'm reading a different forum than you? I see a bright future with changes. Simple as that.

This conflict between the owner of the forum and the forums main contributor just makes this forum less interesting.

That conflict is already over; you do realize that, correct? Over... done... This is all internet jibber jabber now. There will be changes, no doubt, as I have expressed repeatedly. For the RAV4 EV thread, I will either acquire ownership of it from Mike, or start a new forum that competes against it, effectively canalbalizing the existing forum.

That's it, folks :geek:

My final thought on bad words on forums. I never posted any. ZERO. The only two people who have recently are Mike, by reposted my private email exchanges with him, and "new guy" who seems to have some "needing attention" thing going.

I guess I'm not as unbanned as I thought. I'm locked out of the "Private - For Sale" area.

For Sale to a good home - two used Nissan / Sumitomo 44kW CHAdeMO chargers - one works great, the other might work great, or it might be better as a parts machine.

I have all parts and service manuals. These units were originally at the Marriott Courtyard Spectrum hotel, Irvine, California for about one year since new. They have all upgrades (new fans, air filters, etc).

Can be seen at my house in San Diego, California. Reason for sale - don't need them anymore.

$7500 for both

https://api.plugshare.com/view/location/51941

TonyWilliams said:
I guess I'm not as unbanned as I thought. I'm locked out of the "Private - For Sale" area.
While in your case it might seem like it was on purpose, I was also unable to post in that forum for a while. That specific sub forum must be setup differently than the rest of the forums on MNL, it took an admin several tries before I was able to post in that forum. In my case it wasn't done on purpose, just a glitch in the system, so I guess what I'm trying to say is don't read too much into it, it may have been truly a mistake as it was for me :)
In my case I had a question for a seller(in fact I think it might even have been you) but when I'd go to post the question I got a response back something to the effect that I was unable to post in that particular forum, again after a couple PMs back and forth with an admin I'm now able to post there.

TonyWilliams said:
Can you not visit http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewforum.php?f=41 or can you just not post?

If the latter, you need to be paid member to post there. I was one... I also can no longer post there since my membership has lapsed.

I haven't had time to follow this thread and read all the responses since I'm out of town on vacation and would rather sightsee than spend my limited time abroad on MNL, but some of the folks who've responded perhaps not understanding your contributions I noticed are relatively new to MNL (e.g. joined 2013 or later). As an FYI for those folks, Tony made HUGE contributions that benefited Leafers prior to 2013 and continues to contribute greatly to the EV community, in general.

For those who were around on MNL and actively following, you'll know what I mean.

Back