Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations dsdportland. The plugshare app. On smartphones shows most all of the stations out there & if they are being used or not. Leaving the ev charging protocol card on your dash when leaving your car unattended is also helpful to others. I ordered the following different types of cards for the different types of stations; Aeroenvironment, Blink, OP Connect, Charge Point, SemaConnect, & EVconnector.com.

It's working out fine. Using a quickcharge in Portland in the evening to be ready for the trip south in the morning, and then either using a quick charge at the Capitol, or a Level 2 charge near work to be ready for the trip north at the end of the day. It's actually allowed me to get a little more go-for-a-walk exercise when waiting for the charge, and I've met some interesting folks as well.

Going to be installing a 220 outlet to be able to use the EVSE Upgrade as my primary Level 2 at home.

We've also shifted all of our around-town errands on the weekend and any evening side trips to the Leaf and haven't bought gas for two weeks. Very cool. We took it up into the Tillamook State Forest this weekend, charging in Banks. Yes, you have to be a bit more mindful about charge percentage, but with a little planning ahead, all is well.

Beaverton Nissan is closest, but Oregon Electric Vehicle Association has had some events at Tonkin Wilsonville Nissan. Just wondering what experiences folks have had at either dealership and Nissan of Portland too. I 'm planning on leasing at least a model S w/ QC.

PDX Leaf Guy

A friend of mine and I have bought three LEAFs between us from Tonkin Wilsonville Nissan. A lot of LEAF-buying activity, but not quite enough to make a firsthand-knowledge comparison. Still, the folks there, especially Joel Fowler, seem pretty knowledgeable (I still get "free oil change" enticement mailers, though). Warranty work (service-bulletin software updates, mostly, but also a replacement of my onboard charger after it had been damaged by the Blink EVSE I had at home) has been done smoothly, and at the appointed times.

Well thats interesting. One thing that had scared me off from BN were all the negative reviews i had seen on dealerrater.com perhaps a couple years ago. But now there are a lot of recent positive reviews including a couple mentioning a Leaf transaction.

PDXLeafGuy said:
Well thats interesting. One thing that had scared me off from BN were all the negative reviews i had seen on dealerrater.com perhaps a couple years ago. But now there are a lot of recent positive reviews including a couple mentioning a Leaf transaction.

I got my lease at Beaverton Nissan through a guy named Clint Edwards. I think he is in the internet dept., and was pretty straightforward to work with.

Back around April i did manage to pull into BN to see what Leaf inventory was on the lot and ended up going for a test drive in a model S. The sales guy was personable enough and i didn't feel any pressure to do a deal. I had several months to go on my Prius lease at the time, said as much, and apparently that was enough to move the conversation on to other topics. I also didn't notice any other negatives about the dealership during the visit.

Is there an issue of "good customer etiquette" here? That is, were i to try to lease a Leaf thru BN, is it best to contact the sales guy who took me out on a test drive versus working thru the internet sales dept.?

Hey portlanders, my wife and I are going this afternoon to try to lease a Leaf. I have reserched and read more about this car more than any other before. Anyway we are looking at a S model with QC. What's the best lease deal to ask for?. We'd like a two year. Or Nissan's 3 years, 1999dn 199mo? Heading to Royal Moore in Hillsboro. Their Mazda dealer treated us OK on our current car......Opinions?

tas7107 said:
Hey portlanders, my wife and I are going this afternoon to try to lease a Leaf. I have reserched and read more about this car more than any other before. Anyway we are looking at a S model with QC. What's the best lease deal to ask for?. We'd like a two year. Or Nissan's 3 years, 1999dn 199mo? Heading to Royal Moore in Hillsboro. Their Mazda dealer treated us OK on our current car......Opinions?

I got $290/month for 2 years with $1000 down at Portland Nissan for an SV with QC, just for reference. Though I suck at this stuff and didn't even try to bargain since the offer seemed fine to me. That's basically the Nissan offer, but only 2 years and half the downpayment added into the monthly payments.

Is there a good mechanic in Portland for the routine Leaf maintenance? Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I don't think you can search threads and there's 92 pages to go through! We need a subforum, not a giant thread...

Hi Portlanders. I just got my new Nissan Leaf SL in Willsonville yesterday (leasing). Loved the experience with them. I'm in Salem so I'm hoping the drive up to Portland is doable it looks like I have lots of options to charge up there before coming back home. Mostly I'm around Salem though.
Amber

lifeincolor said:
Hi Portlanders. I just got my new Nissan Leaf SL in Willsonville yesterday (leasing). Loved the experience with them. I'm in Salem so I'm hoping the drive up to Portland is doable it looks like I have lots of options to charge up there before coming back home. Mostly I'm around Salem though.
Amber

You can do Portland-Salem on an 80% charge, but it's a tad close (I live in NE Portland, so it's a bit farther for me). I usually like at least 85% in the tank.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I wanted to give a warning about Beaverton Nissan. Through a strange series of events I happened to be outside at 11 o'clock at night when my neighbor happened to roll up in a Leaf. I walked over to say hello to another Leaf driver, not realizing it was him. He was in a panic because he had driven from Beaverton and had minimal battery left, and needed to make the return trip immediately. I told him I had just bought a Leaf and he could charge at our house, but it was a trickle and would take all night or more. He had no idea about the different levels of charge and didn't know about the "guess o' meter". I went over a few things with him and then my husband took him to the quick charge near us. I can not believe Beaverton Nissan sent him (and his daughter, whose car it was) on his way with out much info. I bought from Wilsonville Nissan and they were amazing, showed me lots of great tips and tricks with the car, and explained the range thing properly. Anyway maybe he just got a lousy salesman, but I would steer clear!
Amber

lifeincolor said:
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I wanted to give a warning about Beaverton Nissan. Through a strange series of events I happened to be outside at 11 o'clock at night when my neighbor happened to roll up in a Leaf. I walked over to say hello to another Leaf driver, not realizing it was him. He was in a panic because he had driven from Beaverton and had minimal battery left, and needed to make the return trip immediately. I told him I had just bought a Leaf and he could charge at our house, but it was a trickle and would take all night or more. He had no idea about the different levels of charge and didn't know about the "guess o' meter". I went over a few things with him and then my husband took him to the quick charge near us. I can not believe Beaverton Nissan sent him (and his daughter, whose car it was) on his way with out much info. I bought from Wilsonville Nissan and they were amazing, showed me lots of great tips and tricks with the car, and explained the range thing properly. Anyway maybe he just got a lousy salesman, but I would steer clear!
Amber

it is this EXACT situation that should be worked on. basically looking at a type of quick reference guide from Nissan to clear things up. Put it in every new car.

Back