Poll : $100 a month replacement offer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your reaction to the about $100 a month replacement offer ?

• I like the rental deal

Votes: 20 5.6%
  • I don't mind a rental deal, but need more details

Votes: 57 16.0%
  • I don't mind a rental deal, but need an exit price

Votes: 60 16.8%
  • I don't want a rental deal, I want a buy price

Votes: 198 55.5%
  • I'm going back to ICE !

Votes: 22 6.2%

• Total voters
jstack6 said:
RonDawg said:
And even if you believe that climate change is a myth, you can't deny that our thirst for oil has side effects on our foreign policy, and how we have to stay friendly to Saudi Arabia .

-Just for the record the USA imports $1 Billion a day in OIL. It take 4-8 kWh of electricity to refine a gallon of OIL into gas.
-A 9 lbs gallon of gas makes 20 lbs of pollution, It combines with good oxygen to make more than it weight.
-electric car is 80-90% efficient while a gas car is 29% or less, a Full hybrid is 30-40% and diesel is 40% efficient yet still wears out brakes exhaust and 2000 other parts. (no transmission either)

-So I'll drive electric before anything other than my USA made bicycle.[/quote]

the energy needed to refine gasoline is pretty extreme but its really misleading to say it uses X electricity when the energy is generally produced from burning by products of the refining process. it is a better argument to discuss the impact of refining to the environment. automobile exhaust is a very small part (and getting smaller) of the pollution picture of gasoline

Really hoping for news on topic of Nissan v battery use.

Am in Coachella Valley (Hot, desert, below sea level. Did I say hot?) Own 2012 Leaf, bought 9-1-11. Will likely be down 3 or 4 capacity bars by end of this sumer. What to do . . . seek a warranty fix or a different vehicle? Leaf has been fun to drive & nice local car with zero maintenance cost. News about range, battery fix from Nissan would be nice about now.

As long as you are not one of the "opt-out" people in regards to the Klee case, and your car is not yet 5 years old nor has reached 60k miles, you are eligible for the replacement warranty once you are down to the 8th bar. While you are likely to get a new battery, do keep in mind the warranty only guarantees you have 9 or more bars.

If you did opt-out, there is a possibility that your Leaf's VIN has been blacklisted by Nissan as being ineligible for the warranty. There is considerable discussion (and anger) about it in another thread:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17045" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(If you don't know what I mean by "opt out" then by default you are opted-in. Yes clear as mud.)

If you do decide to sell the car, definitely have the battery replaced under warranty first, otherwise the car's value will be even less than it already is.

I would kill for a $100 a month rental as long as there are no strings attached.

you see $5500 to replace or $3600 to replace on rental. take a guess which I will pick?

NOW I am an outlier case. I "WILL" put around 40 to 45 thousand miles a year on the battery. even right now on L1 charging I am "inline" for 32,000 miles a year! that will go up quite a bit once I Have L2 charging.

so I "WILL" be replacing the battery in around 3 years. so the $100 a month would be a seriously sweet deal for me :)

nerys said:
... I "WILL" put around 40 to 45 thousand miles a year on the battery....
so I "WILL" be replacing the battery in around 3 years. so the $100 a month would be a seriously sweet deal for me :)

IIRC they were talking about tiered pricing structure based on the annual mileage. For $100/mo you'd be allowed 12-15k miles/year (your typical lease), so if this program materialized you'd likely be paying well over $100 for your usage.

nerys said:
See:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17168#p374490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The last word I have seen from Nissan.
They will not be renting batteries.
They plan to offer a financing plan that may be around $100 monthly payment.
To be that amount at a 4% annual interest rate it will be a five year loan.
If your use is going to require replacement every three years you will need to pay a higher monthly amount.
About $162 for three years at 4%.

I hope to have the 6 grand already set to go by the time i need a battery. At least that is the plan :)

Smart-ED already does this. I don't think Nissan has ever offered it yet.
I can see some people would like it sort of an insurance on the battery. Others will save on their own and be able to buy one for less from Nissan. I just hope the new 30 kW and or 200+ range battery will fit in the same LEAF from 2011 on to the new 2017 and beyond. I like to think of it as a LEAF for LIFE.

jstack6 said:
... I just hope the new 30 kW and or 200+ range battery will fit in the same LEAF from 2011 on to the new 2017 and beyond. I like to think of it as a LEAF for LIFE.
Extremely unlikely.

LEAF for life.
Now that is funny :lol:

Oh, you were joking about all of it :roll:

Back