Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leafkabob said:
To me, buying local means that my sales tax goes to my local government. I am a State of Arizona employee who had to take a 5% pay cut because of the local revenue crisis. I may have been able to find a marginally better deal out of state, but I am willing to pay a bit more an support the local economy.

leafkabob, maybe you missed Skywagon's post about ordering out of state BUT paying local taxes here when we register our vehicles or pay our lease payments. So even though you decided to pay thousands more than we did, we ALL our supporting our LOCAL economy. :mrgreen:

turbo2ltr said:
I really hope this doesn't turn into a "sorry, Greg made deals we cannot stand behind" and screw us all over.
No your dashboard has your quote. I do not think they can change it now?

LEAFfan said:
leafkabob said:
To me, buying local means that my sales tax goes to my local government. I am a State of Arizona employee who had to take a 5% pay cut because of the local revenue crisis. I may have been able to find a marginally better deal out of state, but I am willing to pay a bit more an support the local economy.

leafkabob, maybe you missed Skywagon's post about ordering out of state BUT paying local taxes here when we register our vehicles or pay our lease payments. So even though you decided to pay thousands more than we did, we ALL our supporting our LOCAL economy. :mrgreen:

I actually considered buying from Rairdon's and called Greg on the phone. He was very nice and helpful and gave me a quote. He also mentioned that there was a bit of fallout from his selling to "out of staters" and that his owner made it clear that local people would have to be taken care of first. Not sure exactly what that meant and he didn't elaborate, although I don't think you will be affected.

At the time I negotiated my deal, I was fully prepared to go out of state if I had to, meaning that if local dealers weren't going to go below MSRP (or only offer a minimal discount). But I found I didn't have to because I came within a few hundred of what I could have done at Rairdon's. AND with the benefit of keeping the money I pay circulating in the local economy. (The salesman's commission, etc.)

I harbor no ill feelings toward anyone who bought out of state. :mrgreen:

In the Phoenix are ABC Nissan seems to have the most info, test cars and sold the first LEAF to Amir Seif. I've met them and they have come to a few of our free ,open to the public Phoenix Elec Auto Assoc meeting at ASU downtown on the last Saturday of each month.
www.phoenixeaa.com

I also talk with eTec and they already contacted IKEA and many other locations for new charging spots. Also GreenFuel puts in chargers and already havfe one at Bookman in Mesa and Tucson.

http://electric.carstations.com/1696
Bookmans S Country Club EV Charging Station
1056 S Country Club Dr
Mesa, AZ, 85210
United States

Timaz said:
Just got the call, Phoenix just received its second Leaf!

Tim, did you get it? It is more than 5 hours since you posted. Enough time to spend 4 grueling hours at the dealership and get back home and post to the forum. ;)

Timaz said:
We got it and it here at home charging up. We love it!

Sweet!! Enjoy it.

And by the way, I hope you will reconsider and put your info back into the VIN spreadsheet. Even though you now have your car, lots of us won't have ours for a long time and having an accurate and up to date spreadsheet will be of value.

I already know when my car is coming to dock. I have no dashboard change still Jan 2011. No call from PD.

My car will be on a ship hitting the dock on 1/16/2011 confirmed.

Received my "Residential Participation Agreement" paperwork from Ecotality to e-sign on 1/10/11. Looks like I am AZR-0023. My order status is still listed as "Pending."

EPleafAZ said:
Received my "Residential Participation Agreement" paperwork from Ecotality to e-sign on 1/10/11. Looks like I am AZR-0023. My order status is still listed as "Pending."
wow I am azr-0021 only 2 off mine. I have it installed already.

EPleafAZ said:

Hmmm I E-Signed my "RPA" back in December for ECOtality and they have me listed as AZR-0045? My LEAF status changed the other day from Pending to delivery sometime in March of 2011. Does the AZR number have any correlation to delivery date or does ECOtality just install 30 days or so before any delivery?

Carlos said:
EPleafAZ said:

Hmmm I E-Signed my "RPA" back in December for ECOtality and they have me listed as AZR-0045? My LEAF status changed the other day from Pending to delivery sometime in March of 2011. Does the AZR number have any correlation to delivery date or does ECOtality just install 30 days or so before any delivery?
It has to do with when you ordered if you did the survey on Nissan web page when you put your $99 down. So I would have something to do with it.

Back