Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I might stop by as well.

That also explains why I saw two car transports completely loaded with classic cars the other day.

I used to take my turbo GSXR 750 there, but it's such a sleeper no one noticed lol.

Cool, I will look to see some of you there. I normally take my Ducati Monster but I feel the LEAF is unique.

The clear bra and tint came out very nice:

5354801748_ced1f52df0_b.jpg

5354179911_9fcc28fe4f_b.jpg

5354193511_6a9140e527_b.jpg

Wow! What a magnificent vehicle. The custom bra and tinting came out fantastic. Really, really impressed with your car. Can't wait to get mine.

My wife and I stopped by around 6:00 pm, and the interest was quite active around SkyWagon. He was most accomodating. Talk about an Evanganelist for a product or technology. I think Nissan is missing an opportunity by not putting SkyWagon on the payroll.

May your future experience with your LEAF be as positive as these first few days have been.

It was a busy/great afternoon and evening at the car show. Gonewild, RickS, Carlos, turbo2ltr, and SilverLeaf all showed up at different times. There were so many questions about the car. I will say that Nissan should not have made the inverter cover look like a valve cover as a lot of people kept calling it the gas engine and instantly comparing it to the Volt.

For info on a clear bra see here: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Scotchgard_Paint_Protection/Film/

The installer I used for my clear bra and tint was: http://www.artisanarmorcoat.com/ If you call him state that you saw my car; he will know exactly what he is up against (the front bumper is a pain to cover).

It was good seeing those of you who did show up.

The white is especially striking against the blue in the lights, and the tinting really completes the look - great job!

Looking forward to my leaf, and waiting for them to open up the next reservation list.... May be a while!

All you Rairdon people, they are quoting $750 out of pocket for shipping a single car. Greg had quoted me $150 if no one else was in the same shipment. Todd said he has another car heading this way. Who is it? When I asked, he made it sound like it wasn't going to get shipped right away.

So, do we know of any public charging stations going into the Chandler area? Do any of the local Nissan dealerships have L2 or L3 chargers? Anything showing up in the Leaf GPS display?

BTW, spotted a white Nissan Leaf on Warner Rd, turning South onto Kyrene! That was on Thursday night about 5pm...

phxsmiley said:
So, do we know of any public charging stations going into the Chandler area? Do any of the local Nissan dealerships have L2 or L3 chargers? Anything showing up in the Leaf GPS display?

BTW, spotted a white Nissan Leaf on Warner Rd, turning South onto Kyrene! That was on Thursday night about 5pm...
Most dealer have the L2 installed.

The car was most likely skywagan.

Gonewild said:
phxsmiley said:

Yep, that would have been me on my way home.

Today's goal has been to visit more dealers and map out their chargers. I will create a custom Google map for us AZ folk as to the exact location of J1772 charging locations. So far it has been fun as I am the first LEAF that has been on their lot in most all cases.

Skywagon said:
Gonewild said:
phxsmiley said:

Today's goal has been to visit more dealers and map out their chargers. I will create a custom Google map for us AZ folk as to the exact location of J1772 charging locations.

Skywagon,
As you explore and introduce the new Nissan LEAF to area dealers, ;) , please add some items to the spreadsheet.
Are chargers accessable to non customers? Are there any fees involved? Are chargers accessable after hours? The reason I ask this is that most dealers will lock the gates at the street. It would be nice to have the chargers available 24/7 but with vandalism and theft a problem I'm sure they will install them close to the buildings.
The biggest draw for me will simply be off hour availability which may be better found at locations other than Auto Dealers. Thanks for doing this.

Does anybody have solid information on when it will be possible to make a round trip between Tucson and Phoenix in one day? The only charger that I have heard about is in Casa Grande. That is not enough.

Desertstraw said:
Does anybody have solid information on when it will be possible to make a round trip between Tucson and Phoenix in one day? The only charger that I have heard about is in Casa Grande. That is not enough.
Marc Sobelman (a regional manager with Ecotality) told me that by April there will be DC Fast Chargers in South Phoenix, Casa Grande, Picacho Peak, and Marana.

Back