Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
" got the feeling he was a little high on his horse. He started spewing stuff about how the batteries vent hydrogen and that he needs access to the garage to check on these things. I told them "well they are li-ion". And he's like "well they catch fire too". At that point I mentioned that I'm familiar with both technologies as I'm in the EV/hybrid business and changed the subject as I didn't want to bother arguing with someone that doesn't know what he doesn't know. I'll let the installer deal with him."

Aren't these inspectors something?? :x And remember....you're paying their salary. :eek:

Wilson Electric came out and fixed the problem. The inspectors were on site (yeah two of them) and they claimed this was the first one they had done so it was a learning process for them. The electrician said that he installed one for someone in Peoria named Dan (guess he's not on here), the first delivery recipient (forgot his name) plus myself were the only three people to get an EVP Install in PHX (at least by Wilson). Apparently the inspectors had not heard of any others going in (they thought i was the first), so the phx delivery guy may not have had his install inspected. :shock:

Gonewild said:
My inspector only looked at the grounds and the conduit. Like 2 minutes

You had the same inspector that I did... he did mine before yours (said he had yours the next day). He was just concerned about general electrical safety in the form of proper gauge wire, breaker size, and ground.

Live in Queen Creek and am trying to buy locally, due to doing a trade in . Order date is January. Contacted ABC Nissan and Power Nissan but will only do MSRP. Best I've been able to do is Avondale at $300 off MSRP and Coulter at $500 off MSRP. Are there better deals to be done in greater Phoenix area.
Any help would be greatly appreciated !

spyderrs said:
Live in Queen Creek and am trying to buy locally, due to doing a trade in . Order date is January. Contacted ABC Nissan and Power Nissan but will only do MSRP. Best I've been able to do is Avondale at $300 off MSRP and Coulter at $500 off MSRP. Are there better deals to be done in greater Phoenix area.

Welcome to the forum spyderrs! There are no greater deals in the Phoenix area. In fact, those two never offered our group even that (just MSRP) several months ago. They only started offering the small discounts AFTER most of us ordered from WA state. I think they were afraid of losing ALL the business to out-of-state dealers. At Rairdon's of Auburn, WA, we were given $100 below Invoice (-$1527) and free shipping if we have at least three LEAFs shipped at the same time. Otherwise, it is $150 shipping to your door...Rairdon's will pick up the other $450. Greg Leach is the sales guy we made our orders with. He's been really good to us.

I would say sell your car before. You are going to get more then trading it in and then buy your car from Rairdon or Fontana for the best price.

spyderrs said:

Hi Spyderrs. I just placed my order a couple of weeks ago and I have to say I was a bit surprised at how many Nissan dealerships did not return e-mails or phone calls. And the ones that did were not particularly enthusiastic. In fact, ABC got off to a good start by calling and e-mailing numerous times, but when they failed to provide a quote (!!!), I gave up on them.

My advice is to go through all of the posts in the "Post your order details" thread. After you do that you will get a good idea of what people are paying for their cars. Then you can come up with a price you are willing to pay and make that offer to as many dealerships as it takes. That was my approach and the first dealer I made my "counter-offer" to, Avondale, basically said no, that their offer of $300 below MSRP is their final offer. I went on to the next one on my list and they accepted my offer. One interesting thing was that several dealers said that they could not give me a quote until I listed them as my preferred dealer on my dashboard.

spyderrs said:

Kudos on your decision to buy local.
Stick to your guns and don't forget Tucson area as well.

I agree with leafkabob's post and spend some time researching a fair local deal.

As for selling your car or trading it in, just don't sell it to early or you may be riding a bicycle while you wait, and wait, and wait, for your LEAF to arrive. ;)

What I find funny is when people state "buy local" when they are not aware that most dealers are owned under a larger corporate conglomerate that has multiple brands spread across the country. The dealer I am going through in CA is part of a corporation that has dealers in AZ that some would call "local" as well (although other brands).

Skywagon, buying local for me means paying sales tax to the State of Arizona which obviously funds all of our public works. It has nothing to do with who owns a dealership.

Timaz said:
Skywagon, buying local for me means paying sales tax to the State of Arizona which obviously funds all of our public works. It has nothing to do with who owns a dealership.

All of us who are buying our cars out of state and are either picking them up via flatbed or having them shipped will be paying AZ state sales tax when we register them; so there is no difference there. Our money still goes to this state's budget.

Skywagon said:
What I find funny is when people state "buy local" when they are not aware that most dealers are owned under a larger corporate conglomerate that has multiple brands spread across the country. The dealer I am going through in CA is part of a corporation that has dealers in AZ that some would call "local" as well (although other brands).

Good point...... Buying local isn't just buying from someone in the same zip code.
To say one buys completely local would be a bit of a stretch. With research (Google) and time it's easy to find what is and what is not "local" and what you comfortably define as local. I'm not crazy and believe that I only buy local 100% of the time. I do try and make buying decisions that keep a greater percentage of the money I spend locally.

As an independent business owner I greatly appreciate local business and make every effort to return the favor.
There is a big push everywhere to keep local dollars local.

For Arizona research start with localfirstaz.com
Kimber Lanning is the Director for Local First Arizona. http://localfirstaz.com/

Cheers

Carlos said:
Skywagon said:

Good point...... Buying local isn't just buying from someone in the same zip code.
To say one buys completely local would be a bit of a stretch. With research (Google) and time it's easy to find what is and what is not "local" and what you comfortably define as local. I'm not crazy and believe that I only buy local 100% of the time. I do try and make buying decisions that keep a greater percentage of the money I spend locally.

As an independent business owner I greatly appreciate local business and make every effort to return the favor.
There is a big push everywhere to keep local dollars local.

For Arizona research start with localfirstaz.com
Kimber Lanning is the Director for Local First Arizona. http://localfirstaz.com/

Cheers

To me, buying local means that my sales tax goes to my local government. I am a State of Arizona employee who had to take a 5% pay cut because of the local revenue crisis. I may have been able to find a marginally better deal out of state, but I am willing to pay a bit more an support the local economy.

I tried to call Greg at Rairdon and he no longer works there :(

I spoke to Todd Fee he will be handling our orders and shipping the cars as planned. :p

Back