[PHASED-OUT]: Tracking the $5k California CVRP Fund

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Center4Energy said:
Hello all,

David, just one question. The wording of your post and the press release makes it sound like $2 million in additional funds was announced today, which makes me think that this is in addition to the recent addition of $2 million (actually $1.87 million). Is this $2 million that you are announcing today the same $2 million ($1.87 million) that was added to the fund on May 27, or is this an additional $2 million for the 2010/11 funding?

smkettner said:
Not that it matters but since you mention the PHEV Prius.... what level does the Volt qualify?
Prius is also clean while running on gasoline, so could be cleaner overall.

Boomer23 said:
Center4Energy said:
Hello all,

David, just one question. The wording of your post and the press release makes it sound like $2 million in additional funds was announced today, which makes me think that this is in addition to the recent addition of $2 million (actually $1.87 million). Is this $2 million that you are announcing today the same $2 million ($1.87 million) that was added to the fund on May 27, or is this an additional $2 million for the 2010/11 funding?

I would guess it's the same $2 million. I guess David is saying it's now official. Hoping I'm wrong but it seems that way.

Hello Everyone,

The press release and the post is referring to the $2 M that I posted earlier. I was waiting for the official press release and papers to be signed before we put it on web for a larger audience. So to be clear, there has only been one issuance of $2M from the California Energy Commission (approximately $1.87M for rebates and $120K for administration). Sorry for the confusion, but I wanted to make sure you all had a link to the press release and the blog piece.

To answer the question about the VOLT, it will qualify for the same rebate as the Plug-in Prius when the emission system is retooled to meet ARBs stringent air quality standards. That category is for all plug-in hybrid electric vehicles that go through ARB certification as an advanced technology partial zero emission vehicle.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

David

David, Thank you for your great work and your thorough communications.

David, next time you are in a room with the guys from Nissan, slip them a resume. They could learn a LOT from you and your approach.

BlueSL said:
David, next time you are in a room with the guys from Nissan, slip them a resume. They could learn a LOT from you and your approach.
While Nissan could and indeed should use an employee of David's caliber, I sincerely hope that Mr. Almeida has no interest in working for Nissan!

Glenn

How often does CSE send out checks? I see the amount of reserved funds growing steadily as the remaining funding shrinks, but rebates issued have been stuck at $5,185,750 for quite a while.

oakwcj said:
How often does CSE send out checks? I see the amount of reserved funds growing steadily as the remaining funding shrinks, but rebates issued have been stuck at $5,185,750 for quite a while.
Look at my table in the first post of this thread ... looks like they mail checks about every 2 ( or worst case 3 ) weeks.

LEAFer said:
oakwcj said:
Look at my table in the first post of this thread ... looks like they mail checks about every 2 ( or worst case 3 ) weeks.

Thanks. I forgot to look back to the first post. And the rebates issued haven't been stuck for all that long.

oakwcj said:
Thanks. I forgot to look back to the first post. And the rebates issued haven't been stuck for all that long.
I will have been waiting 3 weeks on Monday. Since I remember a few "I got it" posts just before I took delivery, I'd say a batch is likely to be sent out very soon.

davewill said:
oakwcj said:
I will have been waiting 3 weeks on Monday. Since I remember a few "I got it" posts just before I took delivery, I'd say a batch is likely to be sent out very soon.

Hello Everybody,

It looks like all of you have collectively answered the previous question, but I thought I would provide some more clarification. Our contract stipulates a 60 day turnaround time. That being said, we have made a significant effort to cut that time down to about two to three weeks. I am hopeful that we will keep with this timeline, but I will warn all of you that it may be four weeks due to the high volume of rebates we have been receiving.

I can also tell you that we will be sending out a batch by the end of next week for approximately $1 million. The week after that we will be sending out another batch for approximately the same amount. So in short, your checks will be arriving soon.

If you have applied and have not heard anything from us, PLEASE email or call us.

Thanks

David Almeida ([email protected]) & Kyle Goedert ([email protected])

Center4Energy said:
davewill said:
oakwcj said:

Hello Everybody,

It looks like all of you have collectively answered the previous question, but I thought I would provide some more clarification. Our contract stipulates a 60 day turnaround time. That being said, we have made a significant effort to cut that time down to about two to three weeks. I am hopeful that we will keep with this timeline, but I will warn all of you that it may be four weeks due to the high volume of rebates we have been receiving.

I can also tell you that we will be sending out a batch by the end of next week for approximately $1 million. The week after that we will be sending out another batch for approximately the same amount. So in short, your checks will be arriving soon.

If you have applied and have not heard anything from us, PLEASE email or call us.

Thanks

David Almeida ([email protected]) & Kyle Goedert ([email protected])

Thanks, guys!! I can confirm the responsiveness. I emailed early in the week and got a very prompt response from Kyle. I haven't seen the official numbers, but I believe there were approximately 600 LEAFs sold in California in May. So, I can well imagine how busy you are down there in San Diego.

I have delivery next week (Week of June 16) and the number is getting waaayy to close for depletion. I am excited that the car is almost here but also concern that I will not to get the full rebate since I'm at the cusps of things.

kieodadie said:
I have delivery next week (Week of June 16) and the number is getting waaayy to close for depletion. I am excited that the car is almost here but also concern that I will not to get the full rebate since I'm at the cusps of things.
The "no more money in the pot" date has trended down over the past week from ~end of the month, to about June 21st.

Now how do you feel about those 2011 orders Nissan bumped ahead of us ?!!

gbshaun said:
kieodadie said:
The "no more money in the pot" date has trended down over the past week from ~end of the month, to about June 21st.

Now how do you feel about those 2011 orders Nissan bumped ahead of us ?!!

I would be discussing this with Brian or Brendan at Nissan USA before your vehicle arrives if I were still in this situation.

Well the wait list has now started. Looks like all general money has been exhausted so the other vehicles that do not qualify for the last additional 2m will need to wait until next fiscal year.

I reserved my Leaf on the first day you could in April 2010. I have been subject to all the delays and line jumping. As a result, I will not get the $5k CVRP rebate as my car will be delivered the week on June 28th and I will not be able to get the EV Project Blink installed due to the second meter requirement which will cost me a fortune as I have underground utilities. It's looking like this was just not meant to be as my out of pocket cost has jumped quite a bit. Too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back