Oregon: Blink Membership Fees Have Rolled Out - 9/12/12

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blink

Hi Oregon!

As of yesterday - 9/12/12 - membership fees have rolled out to all OR L2 EVSE - (Currently, DC Fast Charging will still be free.)

Let us know if you have any questions!

Hello,
Yeah, the wife just plugged in at Legacy Emanuel. 29 min for $1.50 = ($.80/kW). I guess I won't be plugging in at Freddy's for that quick stop anymore either. Why are you charging whole hours for short plug ins? Imagine if your cell company did that, I'm not talking minutes here but hours. Why not 2.5c / minute?

I always thought businesses were just paying the cost of electricity to attract customers. I can't see why you'd pay 2-3x as much as you would at home other than when you're in a real bind. Too bad. :\

Blink, are the rates at least pro-rated so if I charge for 30 minutes I don't get dinged for the whole hour?

gsleaf said:
Blink, are the rates at least pro-rated so if I charge for 30 minutes I don't get dinged for the whole hour?
No, Blink charges per hour, rounded to the next hour. So the price is the same if you charge for 10 minutes or 50 minutes.

DarkStar said:
No, Blink charges per hour, rounded to the next hour. So the price is the same if you charge for 10 minutes or 50 minutes.

OUCH. Well maybe they'll find some suckers who want to charge for 3x the cost.

Hello,
Checked my bank statement today and the $1.50 has not been charged to my account. Maybe they'll only process once a month.

ON edit: My account was charged today 9/17/12

interesting that we in the Pacific Northwest pay the same rates as those in the more expensive areas of CA. i can see $1.50 an hour not being a bad deal in CA during peak away from home with the convenience of getting a bit more range, but here its a bit of a rip off.

i signed up for Blink Plus to get the buck an hour rate and possible discounts of QC rates which has yet to be announced but not sure how long i will keep that. we need a lot more Blink QC's in my area for me to keep this

Back