Ordering 2012 model today

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
July 28th , same day I ordered , very early!

you should log in to your account again and look for updated or available bars on your owners check list

bet you find some new info!

dglot said:
Hey fellow Leaf reservists,

Here in MD I also have Nov delivery shown on the dash from a July 28 2011 order.

I would think we would start hearing about specifics like a VIN soon if they are going to make that date. Is there an average time between a target date and specifics about your leaf?

Crossing fingers as the tax year make be important given the political climate. I'd hate to wait a year for the tax break or not at all.

Dave

Hey Dave I think you are good for a 2011 delivery not much risk there of it bening January

Hey what dealer in Maryland ?

I ordered from Pohanka Nissan in Salisbury MD

> Hey Dave I think you are good for a 2011 delivery not much risk there of it bening January

> Hey what dealer in Maryland ?

> I ordered from Pohanka Nissan in Salisbury MD

My dealer is Passport Nissan of Marlow Heights. Still awaiting a change beyond the November delivery shown. Hopefully you are right.

Dave

Well, my Dashboard changed Sunday night, and then was associated with the wrong account on the owner's portal and after a rather heated call with customer service yesterday, my situation is very unique!

I can not, never again, no longer check out my dashboard. Doing so will move my car from the Owner's Portal account I created to a new Owner's Portal account that would have a rather rude login name.

Thank you Jesse, you did me a major solid getting the car on the right owners portal account.

So I've got my Carwings set up and ready for input at delivery. I suppose I should also look at new Car insurance since I have my VIN. But the bad news is because I can no longer check out my owners portal, I will never know my week of delivery. So I'm relying on folks like Kevin to keep me in the loop and let me know when their week-of is posted since I can never know mine. Mind you, my dealership should also know but I've been so behind on my blog I've been kind of dodging the great guy I'll be buying from.

Anyway, so I'll be looking for a week-of here sometime in the next few weeks; keep me in the loop, remember to set up your carwings agreement and when I set up the Northern Virginia LEAF Owners meetup, I hope you'll come Kevin!

if you look at the Nissan Leaf website it appears Nissan has opened "reservations" (i think they mean orders) in a bunch of new states as of today
https://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/login/auth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like Tier 3 opened up today, with the addition of New Hampshire, which was originally not in any of the first 4 waves (implicitly wave 5). So, we have 23 regions now opened up and me with the ability to order a second car under my new account, which I may do if I decide to pass on the 2012 LEAF even after all this configuration and account hasling.

TimeHorse said:
Looks like Tier 3 opened up today, with the addition of New Hampshire, which was originally not in any of the first 4 waves (implicitly wave 5). So, we have 23 regions now opened up and me with the ability to order a second car under my new account, which I may do if I decide to pass on the 2012 LEAF even after all this configuration and account hasling.

I am in New Hampshire. I discovered about a week ago that my "Home Appraisal" tab had opened. I called Nissan the next day to waive the appraisal which was accomplished painlessly. Since I have heard that NH is open for orders I haven't dared to open the dashboard.

Maybe they decided to open NH early because they liked my T-Shirt. See my post in another thread... http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5177&p=135916#p135916" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well it remains to be seen if dashboards have open to "order" , the website says "reservations are open in these states"

heck reservations have been open at times in all states, were closed and have reopened

that doesnt mean you can order yet

I hope and guess you will be able to soon , but right now they are just scooping up more people into the "reservation list "

kmp647 said:
Well it remains to be seen if dashboards have open to "order" , the website says "reservations are open in these states"

heck reservations have been open at times in all states, were closed and have reopened

that doesnt mean you can order yet

I hope and guess you will be able to soon , but right now they are just scooping up more people into the "reservation list "

I think you are correct. They opened reservations again in CA just before they were allowed to have a second chance at ordering.

Yes, ordering should be open today as I did mine. Nissan told me it would open on the 29th but I noticed they were working on their website and so I tried it yesterday (27th) with no luck but yes today (28th). I have received confirmation from my dealer that they received my order. Now I am waiting for them to notify me to come in for the prelim paperwork or ?

batzman said:
Yes, ordering should be open today as I did mine. Nissan told me it would open on the 29th but I noticed they were working on their website and so I tried it yesterday (27th) with no luck but yes today (28th). I have received confirmation from my dealer that they received my order. Now I am waiting for them to notify me to come in for the prelim paperwork or ?

Assuming they don't have the same problems they did with Tier 2 and our friend in NC who got in early only to be nullified. Hope you're more like my hero Gudy, who got in early and met Carlos Ghosn. :)

kmp647,

So with Pohanka in Salsbury are you an MD or VA order ? (i.e. do they go by buyer home state or dealer)-

Just curious as my 7/28 RAQ should be similar. I called today to check if there were any issues as I have not seen a VIN or Carwings etc.

Wonder if the state or color ( in my case Cayenne red ) is a difference that would affect the time of delivery?

Well hopefully I'll hear something soon, in the meanwhile November delivery is still promising.

Dave

dglot said:
kmp647,

So with Pohanka in Salsbury are you an MD or VA order ? (i.e. do they go by buyer home state or dealer)-

Just curious as my 7/28 RAQ should be similar. I called today to check if there were any issues as I have not seen a VIN or Carwings etc.

Wonder if the state or color ( in my case Cayenne red ) is a difference that would affect the time of delivery?

Well hopefully I'll hear something soon, in the meanwhile November delivery is still promising.

Dave
I may be able to help here. It's my understanding having spoken to many of the D.C. area dealers that each can apply the sales tax of the state of residence since it's a consumption tax and the consumer is a resident of that state. It's tricky with D.C. though as they have high taxes and no car dealers so the tax for D.C. residents is always paid out-of-state to the district.

kmp is in VA and I shudder to think what his car tax will be since I know he doesn't live in Loudoun County. :)

And my dashboard opened to the last section on Sunday and as I said, with some help from 7-star Jesse, I now have the owner's portal set up with my VIN and Carwings agreement in place and awaiting activation. But as I said before, I can never visit my dashboard again; from this point I fly blind! But my Northern Virginia LEAF is Cayanne Red so you should be on the same schedule as me. Check your dashboard to see if the last section is opened up; you may be assigned a VIN already! :eek:

TH,

Yes - I just checked - no carwings vin etc.

I would assume it's just the mysteries of the order process. Here's the date and time of the email Nissan sent to confirm the RAQ was accepted and I had an order:

date Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 3:39 PM
subject Nissan LEAF: Your order is confirmed

I had prepped Passport Nissan that my request would be in as early as my dashboard open and they turned it around pretty quick. There may be other factors - I have a waiver as with daily commute of 30 miles total - most non highway I plan to 110v charge for a while. Perhaps that set it back.

Anyway I'm eager but if it makes November I'll be thankful for Turkey day - heck the process started Apr 2010....

Dave

Seems strange, I would log in and look carefully at your dash and see if there isnt some change

VIN wont be on your dash, you dont see it til you log into myowners/carwings page

WOOOT finally! My order's in here in Colorado - well actually waiting for my dealer because this is their first Leaf - but it should all be done in the next few hours. Now just need to wait a few months for my Leaf :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D

dglot said:
kmp647,
..snip... Wonder if the state or color ( in my case Cayenne red ) is a difference that would affect the time of delivery?
Dave

On the dashboard, there is a warning that the Cayenne Red or the Blue will add 30-60 days to the 60-90 days delivery time, as they are in short supply. I asked the people on the phone when I had my EVSE waiver added what was up with that, the answer is the plant that produced those colors was affected by the Tsunami and they are having issues getting the paint...

waiting on my RAQ now, and I also will be ordering the Cayenne Red, already waited 526 days from April 20th, 2010 to even "RAQ", whats another 30-60 days? nothing...

kmp647

Yes that line for carwings is still greyed out. Called the CSR number but I never really have much help there, need to just be patient I guess.

Mitch,

Yes I saw the warning back during the July order process- went with red anyhow - Hopefully November holds....

Dave

Well, like I said, I ordered Red and have a VIN. 5061. I guess that means five thousand, sixty-one people got their LEAF before me, grumble. :)

But anyway, I doubt it's the color in this case since you and I are going for the same, Cayanne Red.

I miss my Dashboard, even if it's nice having a car on my owner's portal. In 2 months though it won't matter because even if I don't take the car, I'll simply use my other Dashboard account to order a 2013 LEAF.

Back