Ordering 2012 model today

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jcesare said:
dbassett said:
Yes, it is 1.25 CENTS per kwh. I apologize for the typo.

http://www.georgiapower.com/pricing/files/rates-and-schedules/2.30_TOU-PEV-1.pdf
Hmmmm. My utility charges $0.03545 for the electricity but adds in $0.09787 in transmission/delivery costs. Better read the fine print.

I would say the same thing. The rates under Super TOU here would be as low as less than a cent for Generation and Distribution but transmission adds another cent and Fuel at least 3 more.

Dominion Virginia Power EV Rates Revealed (Part 1)

After being told by Coggins' Nissan of the Avenues (in Jacksonville) that all dealers are charging $3,000 over sticker, Mike Shad Nissan has given me a quote at MRSP, and I've placed the order.

Mike Shad Nissan has sent me emails from the GM stating that the $37,420 price quote WILL include the $699 processing fee. However, I guess there is a some room for shenanigans when the car actually arrives. I'd have felt better with a quote that was $700 less, and having them add the dealer fee in.

I guess we'll see if they are good to their word.

update on my dashboard today!

ordered 07/28/2011

and now I have a " month of November" delivery time frame on my dash

not to much of a shock, about what I would expect for an early 2012

Yep. November 2011. And still waiting to see if there are any dealership shenanigans but when I get a VIN I'll call them so that we negotiate this all before delivery is scheduled. I would like to keep the car under $40,000 out the door as in including tags, tax, title, transport, vehicle and any other cost that may crop up.

The dashboard has November for my Cayenne 2012SL and Nissansent a confirming email
today as well.

Hope that is accurate - would be nice to buy in 2012 for the tax break.

Dave

dglot said:
The dashboard has November for my Cayenne 2012SL and Nissansent a confirming email
today as well.

Hope that is accurate - would be nice to buy in 2012 for the tax break.

Dave

Received the same email confirming a November delivery!

BrendanDolan said:
tivoboy said:
Will do, thanks for the tips.

Does anyone know where here or elsewhere it shows about the current availability of the Federal and CA tax credits? In CA it really seems like a no brainer, 7500 federal and 5K CA credits? wow, just wow.

Cali's changed recently. It's now $2,500 instead of $5,000, but it's a rebate, not a credit, so you get a check for it very quickly. The $7,500 federal is still in place, but it's a tax credit and you'll wait for it.

Hi Brendan,

Please explain to me about Federal tax credit between $0 to $7,500. I think it called "Non Refundable Tax Credit".

Question:

-2011 tax (will file on April 2012): If I don't buy the LEAF then I get back $700 from Federal tax refund.

-2011 tax (will file on April 2012): What if I buy the LEAF before December 30, 2011 then how much I will get back from Federal tax refund?

Thank you

BrendanDolan said:
The $7,500 federal is still in place, but it's a tax credit and you'll wait for it.

You'll only wait for it if you buy (and it's a one-shot tax credit--no rollover), but if you lease, you will get all of it and get it instantly.
I saw someone ordered from FL and said the destination fee was $820. When did it go back to $820 from the $850?

The term "Non refundable" means that you can only use it to reduce your taxes. For instance, if your total tax bill before the credit is $4000, then the tax credit will make your tax $0, and the other $3500 is lost to you. If you tax bill is $10000, however, then your tax bill is lowered to $2500.

davewill said:
The term "Non refundable" means that you can only use it to reduce your taxes. For instance, if your total tax bill before the credit is $4000, then the tax credit will make your tax $0, and the other $3500 is lost to you. If you tax bill is $10000, however, then your tax bill is lowered to $2500.

Hi Davewill,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Yes, I agree with you. I was not sure that I understand correctly until your answer "Super Clear".

Question:
To get some of the Non Refundable Tax Credit for my LEAF car delivery before 2012, should we (my wife and I) change the number of dependence on our W4 form (currently both working and claim 0)? Any other options?

ggcc said:
To get some of the Non Refundable Tax Credit for my LEAF car delivery before 2012, should we (my wife and I) change the number of dependence on our W4 form (currently both working and claim 0)? Any other options?
That's pretty much the only way. The other suggestion is to do your taxes as early as you can.

davewill said:
ggcc said:
That's pretty much the only way. The other suggestion is to do your taxes as early as you can.

Hi Davewill,

Thank you very much for your help.

ggcc said:
davewill said:

Hi Davewill,

Yes, I agree with you. I was not sure that I understand correctly until your answer "Super Clear".

Question:

Changing your W4 won't make any difference in the total amount of the 7,500 tax credit you can take.

If your total tax liability at the end of the year is 10,000 and you have paid in 11,000, then your refund next april would be 8,500. That is the 1,000 over payment plus all of the 7,500 tax credit because your tax amount is greater than the 7,500.

Now lets say you increase the number of dependents on your W4. The IRS takes less money from your paycheck, but your total tax liability for the year is still 10,000, but you only paid in 8,000. In april the IRS will send you a check for 5,500. That is the 7,500 tax credit they owe you, less the 2,000 you owe them.

So, the changing your W4 only play with the timing of when you get the money, not the amount of money you can get back for the tax credit. If you only make 20k per year and own 2,000 at the end of the year, regardless of how much you paid in, you can only get 2,000 of the 7,500 tax credit.

Regarding carrying the balance to subsequent years, I believe GA will allow their 5k credit to carry forward but I'm not sure about the federal.

Did this help?

Don

donm82 said:
ggcc said:
davewill said:

Hi Davewill,

Question:

Changing your W4 won't make any difference in the total amount of the 7,500 tax credit you can take.

If your total tax liability at the end of the year is 10,000 and you have paid in 11,000, then your refund next april would be 8,500. That is the 1,000 over payment plus all of the 7,500 tax credit because your tax amount is greater than the 7,500.

Now lets say you increase the number of dependents on your W4. The IRS takes less money from your paycheck, but your total tax liability for the year is still 10,000, but you only paid in 8,000. In april the IRS will send you a check for 5,500. That is the 7,500 tax credit they owe you, less the 2,000 you owe them.

So, the changing your W4 only play with the timing of when you get the money, not the amount of money you can get back for the tax credit. If you only make 20k per year and own 2,000 at the end of the year, regardless of how much you paid in, you can only get 2,000 of the 7,500 tax credit.

Regarding carrying the balance to subsequent years, I believe GA will allow their 5k credit to carry forward but I'm not sure about the federal.

Did this help?

Don

Hi Don,

So, how do I know how much tax liability that I have to pay say for 2010 tax year because I already filed?

Which Tax form and line number that I can retrieve tax liability for 2010?

Thank you for your help.

ggcc said:
...So, how do I know how much tax liability that I have to pay say for 2010 tax year because I already filed?

The following link explains it fairly well. It's generic, about tax credits in general and not specific to 2010, but it should lead where you need to go. Essentially, look for the line "total tax".

http://taxes.about.com/od/preparingyourtaxes/a/1040step7.htm

davewill said:
ggcc said:
...So, how do I know how much tax liability that I have to pay say for 2010 tax year because I already filed?

The following link explains it fairly well. It's generic, about tax credits in general and not specific to 2010, but it should lead where you need to go. Essentially, look for the line "total tax".

http://taxes.about.com/od/preparingyourtaxes/a/1040step7.htm

Yes, it's the "total tax" line. On my form 1040 from 2010 it's line 60. If you buy the car in 2011, then that number (on your 2011 return) needs to be at least 7,500 to receive the full tax credit.

Don

Davewill and Don thank you so much for your help.

This is the 1st time that I look at the "total tax" number on 1040 line 60 for tax year 2010 and 2009 (line 61 for tax year 2008). Now I know how much we pay our tax for any particular year in the past.

Thanks again.

I ordered the 2012 Leaf on 8/6/11 and received an email on 9/9 that it would be ready in November. Did not expect it to be ready so soon. Now, gotta get that charger installed!

Hey fellow Leaf reservists,

Here in MD I also have Nov delivery shown on the dash from a July 28 2011 order.

I would think we would start hearing about specifics like a VIN soon if they are going to make that date. Is there an average time between a target date and specifics about your leaf?

Crossing fingers as the tax year make be important given the political climate. I'd hate to wait a year for the tax break or not at all.

Dave

Back