Official Ford C-MAX Energi PHEV thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to Energi !

If the trunk floor is 9 inches higher - that can make the car difficult to use for my wife - she would have to lift stuff up a lot more to be put them into the trunk.

I wish Mitsu Oulander PHEV was here already to compare.

evnow said:
Back to Energi !

If the trunk floor is 9 inches higher - that can make the car difficult to use for my wife - she would have to lift stuff up a lot more to be put them into the trunk.

I wish Mitsu Oulander PHEV was here already to compare.

The Fusion Energi looks to be a viable option. it does have the full pass thru trunk. granted, doesnt have the height advantage, but has great length and area is very well sized for luggage sized items

DaveinOlyWA said:
The Fusion Energi looks to be a viable option. it does have the full pass thru trunk. granted, doesnt have the height advantage, but has great length and area is very well sized for luggage sized items

For my wife (who has knee issues) height is the #1 priority.

Just spoke to a Ford dealer - the salesman says he attended a meeting just today where he was told Energi release would get delayed to Mar '13. Not sure whether this delay is for all markets. Ford released Focus Electric in CA & NY first, delaying other markets. Ofcourse, even that "release" in NY & CA was just symbolic.

evnow said:
Just spoke to a Ford dealer - the salesman says he attended a meeting just today where he was told Energi release would get delayed to Mar '13. Not sure whether this delay is for all markets. Ford released Focus Electric in CA & NY first, delaying other markets. Ofcourse, even that "release" in NY & CA was just symbolic.

Not all that surprised with how slow the FFE's came out (or not, depending on your perspective) the C-Max hybrids (not Energi's) are actually showing up at some Ford dealers and they are actually advertising their availability in the big Sunday ads here in the midwest! What was even more curious was that in their very limited numbers Ford was offering a $1,000 cash incentive ALREADY (good through first of next year). Perhaps they want to see how well the non plug-in sells or perhaps something else; the car has received some pretty good reviews although a few have complained that they aren't seeing anything near the 47 MPG numbers advertised but as always, your mileage will vary. Lots and lots of comparison with the Prius V which is in Ford's gun-sights --- let's see how quickly sales ramp up ... 969 for September, autotrader shows 1,996 in inventory across the U.S.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2012/10/ford-cmax-sales-figures.html

evnow said:
This is the reply I got on twitter from Ford ...

We are still on track to launch the C-MAX Energi later this fall, and will have more news on the vehicle tomorrow...

The internal Ford Employee website states 1st Quarter/2013 and has stated that for over 6 months now. same with Fusion Energi

Spoke with

Brian Yager
Woody Anderson Ford
2500 Jordan Lane
Huntsville, AL 35816
(256) 517-1341 Direct Line
(256)640-2938 Cell
http://woodyanderson.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

last week and he said they will have an ENERGI to checkout tomorrow. It's about 60 miles away, but might go check it out (after I double check to see it's not the hybrid & he just doesn't know the difference :eek: )

Philip

philipscoggins said:
last week and he said they will have an ENERGI to checkout tomorrow. It's about 60 miles away, but might go check it out (after I double check to see it's not the hybrid & he just doesn't know the difference :eek: )

I vote for confusion.

Ford C-Max Energi Gets Official EPA Rating of 100 MPGe Combined
http://insideevs.com/ford-c-max-energi-gets-official-epa-rating-of-100-mpge-combined/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The EPA has rated the car at 108 MPGe in the city cycle, and 92 MPGe on the highway cycle for a combined average of 100 MPGe. This bestows upon the C-Max Energi the best fuel efficiency rating of any plugin hybrid on the road today, and the first in its class to reach the three digit milestone. Currently the Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid has an an EPA rating of 95 MPGe thus besting it by 5 mpg. The 2013 Chevrolet Volt has a combined rating of 98 MPGe.
Lyle D (via gm-volt post):
Also got a new nugget from Ford you will see in above story. C-Max Energi gets 43 mpg combined in hybrid mode, and the battery is official 7.6 kwh.

evnow said:
philipscoggins said:

I vote for confusion.

hmmm, its pretty late for him to be just getting the hybrid since they were released in the Pac NW the week of July 17th ( i was there!) but with these "launch city" schedules, anything is possible. either way, get pix!

Spoke to salesman this morning and he said it's there. I'm going to run down this afternoon and check it out.

I'll post some pictures/video, think I'll get to drive it.

Philip

DaveinOlyWA said:
hmmm, its pretty late for him to be just getting the hybrid since they were released in the Pac NW the week of July 17th ( i was there!) but with these "launch city" schedules, anything is possible. either way, get pix!
But last month was the first time Ford actually showed a sales #. So the real release was in Aug/Sep. I won't be surprised if Hybrid has gone to AL now ...

scottf200 said:
Also got a new nugget from Ford you will see in above story. C-Max Energi gets 43 mpg combined in hybrid mode, and the battery is official 7.6 kwh.
I'm really having a hard time believing how Ford could have screwed up the Energi to get the EPA fuel economy rating so much lower than the Hybrid unless the Hybrid's numbers are inflated...

drees said:
I'm really having a hard time believing how Ford could have screwed up the Energi to get the EPA fuel economy rating so much lower than the Hybrid unless the Hybrid's numbers are inflated...

First thing that crossed my mind. I figured it had to be a mistake. But I guess we'll see! ;)

drees said:
scottf200 said:

From reports I've read of real-world driving, the Hybrid's numbers are inflated. This implies to me that Ford "gamed" the EPA tests in order to maximize MPG rating, at the expense of the real world. Maybe something about the extra weight in the Energi made their game harder to play?

GetOffYourGas said:
drees said:

From reports I've read of real-world driving, the Hybrid's numbers are inflated. This implies to me that Ford "gamed" the EPA tests in order to maximize MPG rating, at the expense of the real world. Maybe something about the extra weight in the Energi made their game harder to play?
Automakers gaming the EPA tests to boost their numbers? I'm shocked, shocked! :eek:

evnow said:
I won't be surprised if Hybrid has gone to AL now ...

Damn! How did you know?!?

Look at my emails from this morning to the idiot sales man...
<snip>

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 9:20 AM, Brian Yager <[email protected]> wrote:

yes it is here.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 10/11/2012 8:42:00 AM
To: philip scoggins
Subject: Re: Woody Anderson Ford - Thanks!
Brian, is there still the expectation of the ENGERGI being on display today?

Philip

Drove an hour and a half each way because of that stooge, when I could have driven 10 miles to my closest Ford dealer to see the Hybrid! :evil:

Philip

philipscoggins said:
evnow said:
I won't be surprised if Hybrid has gone to AL now ...

Damn! How did you know?!?

Look at my emails from this morning to the idiot sales man...
<snip>

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 9:20 AM, Brian Yager <[email protected]> wrote:

yes it is here.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 10/11/2012 8:42:00 AM
To: philip scoggins
Subject: Re: Woody Anderson Ford - Thanks!
Brian, is there still the expectation of the ENGERGI being on display today?

Philip

Drove an hour and a half each way because of that stooge, when I could have driven 10 miles to my closest Ford dealer to see the Hybrid! :evil:

Philip

sorry Phil... although i dont work for Ford anymore (i still have access to the employee site...shhhh) and the release dates for all the Energi's have been static for months and its still 1st quarter 2013... maybe next spring?

mwalsh said:
drees said:

First thing that crossed my mind. I figured it had to be a mistake. But I guess we'll see! ;)

I believe the quoted figure is how much MPG the C-Max Energi gets when driving with a depleted battery; i.e. gas only with no hybrid assist. This is the steady-state mileage when you drive past the plug-in's battery-only range, and also happens to approximate the mileage you get if you buy a plug-in and never actually bother to plug it in.

John K.

Back