November Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rainnw said:
I wonder what the november delivery dates are going to end up being...

Don't know about that either, but with August orders now seeming to be pushed back to February (yet manufacture stated this month!) I think us December folks are looking at July delivery.

TimeHorse said:
Don't know about that either, but with August orders now seeming to be pushed back to February (yet manufacture stated this month!) I think us December folks are looking at July delivery.

What on earth are you talking about TH? August orders are, for the most part, still estimated for January delivery.

And Rainnw....I have never, EVER heard of November delivery for anyone. Nissan has always said delivery beginning in December.

mwalsh said:
TimeHorse said:

What on earth are you talking about TH? August orders are, for the most part, still estimated for January delivery.

And Rainnw....I have never, EVER heard of November delivery for anyone. Nissan has always said delivery beginning in December.

Just a typo -- i mean "November order date".

I also noticed this little yellow box appeared at the top:

"Your order timing has not changed"

followed with "thank you for reserving your Nissan LEAF™. the response to this 100% electric car has been amazing.

your order timing has not changed, and your Nissan LEAF™ will take approximately 4 - 7 months from order date to its arrival at your dealer."

rainnw said:
mwalsh said:
TimeHorse said:

Just a typo -- i mean "November order date".

followed with "thank you for reserving your Nissan LEAF™. the response to this 100% electric car has been amazing.

your order timing has not changed, and your Nissan LEAF™ will take approximately 4 - 7 months from order date to its arrival at your dealer."

WOW. Before they said 3-4 months, now 4-7 months. :oops:

rainnw said:

Even I got the same yellow box. I hoped the delivery date will speed up after December. Seems not :evil:

If the delivery dates reaches June, then I am not even sure whether it is worth going for 1st generation LEAF. I could rather wait for some more time and pick from the many (hopefully) EV options available at that time.

Seems rebates and discounts would be a major deciding factor.

leaf561 said:
garygid said:
No November-RAQs opened yet?

Nope, not many working days left in this month.

I spoke with customer service rep, if my November order date has been moved, she checked and confirmed, that order date is intact and will be by end of the November.

I was at a meeting (today) where they said Nov will open today. Just remember that Oct order opened up 10/22. There were 31 days in Oct, so if this is on a 30 day cycle, it will be today or tomorrow. Hang in there!

Was anyone else under the impression that from placing the order the expected lead time was 3 months?

----------------

Hi _________, we are excited to tell you that we have just sent our first delivery date confirmations for soon-to-be Nissan LEAF™ owners. In the future, an email with your estimated delivery date will be sent as soon as your Nissan LEAF has been scheduled.

It's also important to know your reservation status and order timing have not changed, and your Nissan LEAF will take 4 - 7 months from order date to its arrival at your dealer.

In the meantime, thank you again for reserving a Nissan LEAF, and if you have any other questions, please contact us through our Nissan LEAF live chat or by calling 877-NO-GAS-EV.

leaf561 wrote:

[/quote]

If the delivery dates reaches June, then I am not even sure whether it is worth going for 1st generation LEAF. I could rather wait for some more time and pick from the many (hopefully) EV options available at that time.

Seems rebates and discounts would be a major deciding factor.[/quote]

I am on the November list but agree with this comment.

leaf561 said:

Except that at that time the many EV options will be where Leaf is now. Unless you're among the Lucky Fifty you can put your name on a list and wait a year or so for delivery, possibly paying thousands above MSRP. All the other car makers have EV rollout plans that are much more conservative than Nissan. But at least you'll have your choice of many different lists.

I calculated that it will likely be May 2011 before they finish fulfilling the reservations made in April 2010. http://walterbays.wordpress.com/2010/10/25/when-is-the-leaf-coming/I will be extremely lucky if they build my car before July.

Less than two months ago a Nissan dealer told me that the latest delivery date for me would be April while Nissan customer service guessed that February was very probable. Now with the latest information on the Nissan website, the earliest that I can get delivery is April with the latest July. Unlike the previous poster, I do not think that all automobile companies are as clumsy as Nissan in their marketing. My new tactic will be to order a Leaf when my permission comes through but to be open to canceling the order if another company can deliver an electric car within the same time frame. My guess is that the Chinese and Koreans are working furiously to enter this market. And Ford now produces what automobile writers say is the best hybrid on the market with an electric scheduled for next year. Nissan has lost my loyalty which was based on what I thought was a courageous move into a new technology but now seems like better promotion than the others.

Desertstraw said:
My guess is that the Chinese and Koreans are working furiously to enter this market. And Ford now produces what automobile writers say is the best hybrid on the market with an electric scheduled for next year.

Good point. Indeed the Chinese-Californian company Coda is about as far along as Nissan, though at a higher price. The Chinese manufacturer could probably set the US price much lower if they wanted high volume, but may care more about meeting Chinese demand first. And as others have noted, GM will be selling a pure EV. They just won't be selling it in the US; only in China.

I don't share the suspicion many have of Ford, that the Fusion EV is a sham that will never be produced. I think they and all the rest are watching Nissan carefully. If the Leaf looks like a failure then, yes, all their EVs will be produced just for auto shows and photo ops with government environment agencies. But if Leaf looks like a big success then they will all ramp up EV production quickly. Who knows, then Ford might have the capability to produce more EVs sooner than Nissan.

I just requested a quote with my dealership on the Nissan Leaf website. I have not yet received an email inviting me to do so. I reserved on 4/20 Pacific Time, around 7 PM, in Oregon. I had a November order date, HAPPY THANKSGIVING :D

walterbays said:
Except that at that time the many EV options will be where Leaf is now. Unless you're among the Lucky Fifty you can put your name on a list and wait a year or so for delivery, possibly paying thousands above MSRP.

Just trying to be practical here. I am an early adopter in many things, but it comes with a cost.

I am still for LEAF, but frustrated why Nissan doesn't just allow me to order. It is not that they are going to ship or give the car to me today. The wait was exciting during the first order month (August), but now in the fourth month of order, it is not fun anymore. I would just like to place the order and get over it. Rather than refreshing the browser every 5 minutes. :evil:

ColumbiaRiverGorge said:
I just requested a quote with my dealership on the Nissan Leaf website. I have not yet received an email inviting me to do so. I reserved on 4/20 Pacific Time, around 7 PM, in Oregon. I had a November order date, HAPPY THANKSGIVING :D

Same here. Pending dealer's respond for quote.

Back