nissan leaf my account new look! check if you are lucky "50"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it would seem that the yellow "Congratulations!" banner is associated with people who completed orders on Aug 31 and VERY early Sept. "Congratulations!" is Gudy's banner and his delivery is showing Jan 2011 even though he is getting his car Dec 11. The other yellow "We have" banner seems to be associated with later orders and is likely talking about the people (like Gudy) with the "Congratulations" banner. IMHO "Congratulations" is Nissans way of saying that the first LEAFs are done, shipped and they know exactly when they're planning to set up the first deliveries. Besides Gudy, when and how many are the only remaining questions. The number of cars and delivery dates are important but I am far more interested in the fact that cars are being delivered based on the sequence of when they were ordered. Gudy ordered first so he gets the first LEAF.

I thought everyone that ordered in Aug and Sept have a yellow banner, even if it is saying "pending", do some not have the banner that have say Sept or Oct order dates?

I have the "we have..." banner (I've reserved on 4/20 and ordered on 9/2), and I cannot edit my car's color. Is everyone else who has the "we have" yellow banner in the same situation, or are there folks who can change the color?
In the second case, it may indicate that I may be a step closer to getting my LEAF (February maybe?)

Fabio said:
I have the "we have..." banner (I've reserved on 4/20 and ordered on 9/2), and I cannot edit my car's color. Is everyone else who has the "we have" yellow banner in the same situation, or are there folks who can change the color?
In the second case, it may indicate that I may be a step closer to getting my LEAF (February maybe?)

I have banner and Sept 13 order, I can change color.

Fabio said:

I ordered on 9/2 also and I cannot change my color.

When I received my "You may already be a wiener" email and read the e.e. cummings inspired prose now appearing on my dash board, I called Nissan and politely requested that the fellow who composed the aforementioned email and prose be used as a wheel chock for the nearest car transporter and asked them about this most recent development. They responded with the non-info we've come to expect from our friends in Tennessee.

I then called my dealer and we went over his dashboard. We discovered that there was literally a few hours (yes, hours) difference in the order times having a delivery date and those that remained "Pending." Most of his 9/1 people showed a 2/2011 date. Every 9/2 still showed pending status.

In sum, I wouldn't be too downhearted and I expect that there will be a change in your (and my) status shortly.

Or not.

The yellow banner is on everyone's dashboard now.
I have a colleague who reserved right before they closed reservations, and he also have the yellow banner which says something like :
"You order date has been determined" or something stupid like that.
His delivery date also says "Pending" (he hasn't ordered yet obviously).
For what it's worth, he believes he saw an email from Nissan stating that he would be able to order in march or so... so it looks like order sequence heavily depends on roll out states, and less on reservation date.

gudy said:
The yellow banner is on everyone's dashboard now.
I have a colleague who reserved right before they closed reservations, and he also have the yellow banner which says something like :
"You order date has been determined" or something stupid like that.
His delivery date also says "Pending" (he hasn't ordered yet obviously).
For what it's worth, he believes he saw an email from Nissan stating that he would be able to order in march or so... so it looks like order sequence heavily depends on roll out states, and less on reservation date.

That's why the 4-7 months timeline. Great marketing delivery, "get ready for your delivery update" in 7 months:) I'm not sure that a yellow banner was really the right choice for all.

Fabio said:

Not being able to change your color is supposed to mean\ that your car has at least been scheduled for production.

Back