New TireRecommendations for Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, ok - I'll try to move the posts. The site search, BTW is terrible because it's just a lousy search engine.

EDIT: I picked an existing topic with lots of posts, and edited the name to make it a little easier to find.

^^^^
Thanks!

Sometimes a better means of searching for posts here or non-password protected forums is to Google and Bing w/queries like the below, possibly limited by time:
site:mynissanleaf.com (your keywords here without the ())

LeftieBiker said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Other than the usual minor year to year changes, Nissan hasn't changed tire options since the S trim was introduced in 2013

The 2013 Leafs came with down-rated Ecopia tires. Somewhere around 2015 they switched to the Energy Saver tires discussed above. I'd say that this represented a "change"...

No.... S ALWAYS came with Ecopias and still do. SV/SL's started with Michelins in 2013 or 2014

DaveinOlyWA said:
LeftieBiker said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Other than the usual minor year to year changes, Nissan hasn't changed tire options since the S trim was introduced in 2013

The 2013 Leafs came with down-rated Ecopia tires. Somewhere around 2015 they switched to the Energy Saver tires discussed above. I'd say that this represented a "change"...

No.... S ALWAYS came with Ecopias and still do. SV/SL's started with Michelins in 2013 or 2014

You weren't clear on what you meant. As written, your post appears to claim no changes in any of the tires. Interesting that they still use Ecrapias on the S, though...

LeftieBiker said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
LeftieBiker said:

You weren't clear on what you meant. As written, your post appears to claim no changes in any of the tires. Interesting that they still use Ecrapias on the S, though...

The Michelins were standard for 17-inch wheels on 2013 and later Leafs. The Ecopias were standard on all 2011 and 2012 Leafs (which had 16-inch alloy wheels) and for 2013 and later S models which had 16-inch steel wheels. The Ecopias are actually better tires in my climate than the OEM Michelins (which have severe sidewall cracking due to hot, dry climate after about 18 months).

Edited to add: LeftieBiker,
Thanks for cleaning up the battery and tire threads.

The Michelins were standard for 17-inch wheels on 2013 and later Leafs. The Ecopias were standard on all 2011 and 2012 Leafs (which had 16-inch alloy wheels) and for 2013 and later S models which had 16-inch steel wheels.

Now it becomes clearer. Although my 2013 SV with 16" alloy wheels also had Ecopias.

I would go with Michelin energy saver all season.
Replaced worn out ecopia tires that were inflated to 44psi with energy savers with 38psi and noticed no reduction in range at all, even when they were brand new.
So it would appear that the Michelin energy savers are likely lower rolling resistance than the ecopia.

If limiting the range further with cheaper tires isn't a problem then go cheap because both of those, the energy saver and ecopia are kind of pricy.

Back