New free eTEC charger survey?? (ECOtality for SF Bay Area)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking along those line as well (not approved until final plan grant approval) but I called Blink yesterday and I explained the situation and they operator said I was approved. I didnt have that much confidence in his answer though as he didn't sound like he was looking at a list with my name on it when he was speaking to me.

Here is my story:

Feb 9th: Received e-mail "you could qualify to receive a Blink™"
Feb 26th: Submitted EV-Project survey from Nissan dashboard
March 1st: Accepted to EV-Project and e-signed the application
March 7th: Got my Leaf delivered.
March 10th: Got a call from EV-Project that a contractor going to call within next week.
March 30th: Currrent status - Still waiting for a call from a contractor...

Anyone from Bay Area experiencing same delays?

Question to those approved for the EV project -- do you have to pay an assessment fee (i.e. similar to the $100 fee with AV) to get a write up of the installation cost?

My EV Project approval says they will pay up to $1200 -- but mine is probably not going to be a "standard" installation.

jason98 said:
Here is my story:

March 10th: Got a call from EV-Project that a contractor going to call within next week.

After submitting the survey in Feb, I did not hear from them until an approval email last week.

greenleaf said:
Question to those approved for the EV project -- do you have to pay an assessment fee (i.e. similar to the $100 fee with AV) to get a write up of the installation cost?

My EV Project approval says they will pay up to $1200 -- but mine is probably not going to be a "standard" installation.
No fee. They come out to check things out, then send you a notice saying whether you qualify, and if you do, what they think it will cost you...although the fellow who came out to do mine had already told me that I was going to be OK with no extra cost. You then decide whether to go on or not. I don't think you hit a "no going back without penalty" point until you actually allow them to do work.

DeaneG said:
csriram45 said:
..they are going to Install my Blink EVSE tomorrow morning...
Well csriram45, you beat me to the EVSE installation! I picked up my Leaf yesterday from Boardwalk. No one from A1, or any other contractor, has even tried to contact me about the EVSE installation.

Did your car come with the L3 port? If so, was it an add on option after enrolling into the ecoTality program?

jason98 said:
Here is my story:

I must have called Blink almost everyday to make sure they get mine done. Since u already have your leaf suggest you get on phone a d ask them to expedite.

I am in San Francisco Area. My order date was on Jan 13, 2011.

My eTec application was accepted in early of March. On 03/25/2011, I got and signed the EV RPA.

Before the eTec project run in San Francisco bay area, I applied and got the permit to install the 2nd electric meter and EV charger in my home. After my eTec application was accepted, I called Blink couple times for allowing them to use the permit to install the charger by considering a more efficiency way (saving time and money for the eTec project). I was always told the regional contractor or officer would call me soon, but which never happened. Yesterday, I called Blink again. Bind found out there were two account numbers under my names and said this (two account numbers) might cause the delay I my case. Then Blink combined two account numbers to one and told me my cases would go fine. Unfortunately this morning my DB showed “You don’t meet the criteria for the free eTec home charger”. I called the Nissan CS. I was told my zip code (my zip code: 94303) might not be qualified for the eTec project. I totally did not agree with it. Then, Nissan tried switching the call to Blink at 1-888-998-2546, but no one could pick up the call.

The case confused me a lot.
:? :? :?

To followup on my story

On Tuesday the Sunwest Contractor for Blink came out and asked me the questions and took pix. Yesterday -Wednesday I got the email to sign the EV project agreement. My dashboard still says dont meet the requirements.

On March 21 or so --with an impending April 7 delivery (now 18th) --I went to schedule a an install from AVS- I could not make an appointment on the DB so I had to call Nissan who - confirmed that I did not meet the criteria and then put me in touch with AVS who were able to schedule for April 1. On Saturday the 26th EV projected called me --to my surprise-- to schedule the assessment. So on Monday I canceled the AVS install. Now AVS is trying to charge me $239 for pulling the permit on March 23rd. I looked up the permit and it was done on March 23rd for $64.00. The permits are submitted online and the permitting fee also includes the time costs of meeting with the inspector- which wont be happening. Seems a bit of a reach to me and if they aren't deducting the $100 that is a $339 hit!

So I called Nissan and spoke with their AV rep person at length. They were very helpful :D and are going to straighten this all out for me tomorrow and call me back tomorrow morning after they have spoken with etc and AVS. I'll let everyone know the result.

waiting4leaf said:
DeaneG said:
Well csriram45, you beat me to the EVSE installation! I picked up my Leaf yesterday from Boardwalk. No one from A1, or any other contractor, has even tried to contact me about the EVSE installation.
Did your car come with the L3 port? If so, was it an add on option after enrolling into the ecoTality program?
I bought the car with the L3 option on a hope that a charging infrastructure would bloom.

jason98 said:
Here is my story:

Yes - call the Blink Network, tell them you already have your car and would like an escalation (trouble ticket) to get an EVSE installed. It worked for me - the contractor called the next evening at 9pm and a few days later, I had the EVSE with a remarkably fast and pretty clean installation.

DeaneG said:
jason98 said:
Here is my story:

Yes - call the Blink Network, tell them you already have your car and would like an escalation (trouble ticket) to get an EVSE installed. It worked for me - the contractor called the next evening at 9pm and a few days later, I had the EVSE with a remarkably fast and pretty clean installation.

Did you get your permit too? I am still waiting for mine. So u can charge still without the permit.

DeaneG said:
waiting4leaf said:
DeaneG said:
I bought the car with the L3 option on a hope that a charging infrastructure would bloom.

Did you pay for the L3 option or was it covered by the ecotality program?

csriram45 said:
Did you get your permit too? I am still waiting for mine. So u can charge still without the permit.
No inspection, no permit, need to follow up on that.
What was your process like? (Normally the contractor would pull a permit with the city, do the install, then call the city and ask them to inspect. Permit stays at jobsite. City inspects and signs off.)
I have only step 2 - install, as far as I know.

waiting4leaf said:
I paid for L3 when I purchased the car. Brendan mentioned that they were hoping Nissan would re-invoice the car to them before I picked it up, but they didn't. Brendan mentioned that Nissan should be sending me a check directly and to follow up with the Leaf customer care line if I didn't see it in a week. I have a call in to customer care with details and am expecting a return call Monday with some resolution.

DeaneG said:
waiting4leaf said:
I paid for L3 when I purchased the car. Brendan mentioned that they were hoping Nissan would re-invoice the car to them before I picked it up, but they didn't. Brendan mentioned that Nissan should be sending me a check directly and to follow up with the Leaf customer care line if I didn't see it in a week. I have a call in to customer care with details and am expecting a return call Monday with some resolution.
So for those accepted into the program will get the QC cost back? Cool.

Do you get $700 or $700+tax back?

Got mine installed today by A-1 (SF Bay Area). They did a nice job and left it operational, permit TBD as with DeaneG.

Jay

Zhaohui said:
I am in San Francisco Area. My order date was on Jan 13, 2011.

My eTec application was accepted in early of March. On 03/25/2011, I got and signed the EV RPA.

Before the eTec project run in San Francisco bay area, I applied and got the permit to install the 2nd electric meter and EV charger in my home. After my eTec application was accepted, I called Blink couple times for allowing them to use the permit to install the charger by considering a more efficiency way (saving time and money for the eTec project). I was always told the regional contractor or officer would call me soon, but which never happened. Yesterday, I called Blink again. Bind found out there were two account numbers under my names and said this (two account numbers) might cause the delay I my case. Then Blink combined two account numbers to one and told me my cases would go fine. Unfortunately this morning my DB showed “You don’t meet the criteria for the free eTec home charger”. I called the Nissan CS. I was told my zip code (my zip code: 94303) might not be qualified for the eTec project. I totally did not agree with it. Then, Nissan tried switching the call to Blink at 1-888-998-2546, but no one could pick up the call.

Two days before, I called Blink contact center, I was told that I was told that my EV project status was still “active” (also received an email alter, thanks to Blink center!) Blink will sign a contractor for my project later.

Yesterday, Nissan CS still told me that I did not qualify the eTec project. After I told CS my story, the CS called EV project office and confirmed my eligibility. I am still waiting Nissan to update eTec status in DB.

Back