New free eTEC charger survey?? (ECOtality for SF Bay Area)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mxp said:
I am in East Bay, SF Bay Area. (Northern California). Basically, last year, I would receive the free charger??

mxp - thanks for starting this thread and reminding me that I should revisit whether or not our LA area zip code was part of an ECOtality expansion zone. Turns our that it was, and although we had to jump through a few hoops with both Nissan and ECOtality, I am pleased to report that as of yesterday, we have been approved.

Beachcliffs said:
mxp said:
I am in East Bay, SF Bay Area. (Northern California). Basically, last year, I would receive the free charger??

mxp - thanks for starting this thread and reminding me that I should revisit whether or not our LA area zip code was part of an ECOtality expansion zone. Turns our that it was, and although we had to jump through a few hoops with both Nissan and ECOtality, I am pleased to report that as of yesterday, we have been approved.

No worries Beachcliffs. :)

Thank the active community on mynissanleaf and be active yourself to help build critical mass here! Community power does work!!

If you recently read the other threads, Nissan finally listened and we 1st Gen LEAF owners will get an option to retro fit 6.6kW chargers when they become available in the near future! :)

mxp said:
If you recently read the other threads, Nissan finally listened and we 1st Gen LEAF owners will get an option to retro fit 6.6kW chargers when they become available in the near future! :)

As exciting as that sounds, it would be nice to actually take delivery of my first generation vehicle. Then, I can piss and moan about its slow charging speed.

Beachcliffs said:
mxp said:

As exciting as that sounds, it would be nice to actually take delivery of my first generation vehicle. Then, I can piss and moan about its slow charging speed.

That is not a fact as of yet and if they do offer it as an upgrade I doubt many will get one as it will likely cost $2500-$3K. Not sure many will do that after a year plus of ownership.

EVDRIVER said:
Beachcliffs said:
mxp said:

That is not a fact as of yet and if they do offer it as an upgrade I doubt many will get one as it will likely cost $2500-$3K. Not sure many will do that after a year plus of ownership.

Well that would set off a real debate in my mind--whether to do that or to spend same and get the 2nd meter installed at the house and go on E9B rate with PG&E. Maybe I should start playing the lottery and do both! :lol:

mxp said:
jason98 said:
My dashboard status has changed to eTec application accepted!
Seems like I am approved? :p Took only a few days (submitted last Friday) maybe because my delivery is coming so soon.

Congrats Jason. You got the eTEC charger :)

Not quite. :) I have the car already :), but I have to charge it through v110 for now :(
After e-signing of the application I have not heard any word from them.
Anyone got eTec installed already or at least have it scheduled?

takoyaki said:
I also had previously got AV assessment but had never scheduled installation.
I heard about this eTEC survey for bay area but the link never showed up so
I called them up. They told me to wait 48hrs as they're fixing it but it never
got fixed after waiting over a week. It had shown that I was not eligible
for eTEC though I had never taken the survey.

Yesterday I asked again on the chat and they immediately fixed it. Should've
asked again earlier.

Anyway I am now at the stage where the eTEC application is pending review.
Hopefully I get accepted though I was a bit late in jumping on the wagon...

It's a bit late in reporting but I did get email saying I'm approved and the dashboard
also reflects that. Woohoo! Sent my survey on 2/25 and got accepted on 3/1.

Weird thing after taking the survey was that every day after that I kept on getting
email saying that my survey has been accepted. I only submitted it once but
kept on getting that email.

Woohoo!

We have officially been accepted into the program!

I was contacted via email last night by Paula of the ecotality Nashville, Tennessee office asking for my Leaf reservation number.

I of course sent it to her immediately.

This morning Paula calls and asks me a couple more questions about our account since she found two accounts with our phone number in the system. (We each created an account for the Leaf way back when just to increase our odds of getting our order in early, hers was faster.) She wanted to be sure she was picking the right one to submit for approval. She then told me she would get back to us soon.

Maybe an hour later she called back to let us know we were approved for the program and that she would email us the acceptance agreement to electronically sign and that the equipment was being sent out to the local office and that they may have an installer out as soon as next week!

That agreement has now been electronically signed!

Keep in mind that our dashboard still shows eTec application pending so for those still waiting for an answer I suggest not giving up just yet and be persistent with your communications to Nissan.

What is going on? It looks like others that have their LEAF are being accepted into the program. Nissan (on more than one occasion) stated that I cannot apply, nor would they even post an application to my dashboard since I already took delivery. :evil: So what is the real story here??????

I received email today to submit the EV Project Residential Participation Agreement. This required an electronic signature which I submitted. Now I wait to hear from Ecotality for a home assessment. My Leaf has a delivery date of week March 31, but will be in LA that week so not in a rush for the installation of the charging dock. Besides, my garage still needs a clean up.

linkim said:
I received email today to submit the EV Project Residential Participation Agreement. This required an electronic signature which I submitted. Now I wait to hear from Ecotality for a home assessment. My Leaf has a delivery date of week March 31, but will be in LA that week so not in a rush for the installation of the charging dock. Besides, my garage still needs a clean up.

Interesting. I got this on Feb 28th and I responded the next day. Didn't hear anything after that.

linkim said:
Just got that email and signed the EV Project Residential Participation Agreement also. My delivery is Month of May.

leaf561 said:
Did anyone who got accepted went to the next step? Scheduled appointment or installed ...
Funny you should ask- i got a call late this afternoon from the EV Project to set up an installation date. Yay!

Next Monday I should have a Blink - so it looks like Ecotality/EV Project has boots on the ground in NorCal!

I think we'll see rapid progress once they get rolling.

"And they're off!"

rclams, what was the length of time from signing the PV Project Residential Participation Agreement and contact from Ecotality? Was it a few days or weeks?

linkim said:
rclams, what was the length of time from signing the PV Project Residential Participation Agreement and contact from Ecotality? Was it a few days or weeks?

And rclams, when is your delivery date?

Maybe 10 days. (And it took about a week after the BAY AREA program was announced to get the invitation email, IIRC. I had received an AV assessment but declined the AV offer and that had to get cleared away from my Dashboard to see the ECOTALITY info.)

And rclams, when is your delivery date?
Started as "month of February", changed to "month of March" then became "Week of March 10, 2011". But no delivery yet. :(

I got “eTec application accepted” for few weeks. The Blink Network contact center told me the regional officer (San Francisco area) or contractor will call me for home assessment and would send me the “Residential Participation Agreement”. Before the EV project set up for San Francisco area, I applied a permit to install 2nd electric meter (for E9B) and an electric car charger in my home. My permit will be expired on April 15 (my leaf delivery was changed from April 2011 to May 2011). I talked to Blink Network contact center that EV project could use my permit to install the charger by saving unnecessary cost, time, and paperwork. Unfortunately I have not been touched by regional office.

Is SF regional office for EV project formed and scheduling the installation?

Any input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Zhaohui said:
I got “eTec application accepted” for few weeks. The Blink Network contact center told me the regional officer (San Francisco area) or contractor will call me for home assessment and would send me the “Residential Participation Agreement”. Before the EV project set up for San Francisco area, I applied a permit to install 2nd electric meter (for E9B) and an electric car charger in my home. My permit will be expired on April 15 (my leaf delivery was changed from April 2011 to May 2011). I talked to Blink Network contact center that EV project could use my permit to install the charger by saving unnecessary cost, time, and paperwork. Unfortunately I have not been touched by regional office.

Is SF regional office for EV project formed and scheduling the installation?

On March 17, got email below from Shawn Marie Hess, Blink Network contact center. Thanks to Shawn!

Email from Shawn said:
You will not receive a Residential Participation Agreement; only the Assessment by the contractor. If you accept the Assessment, then the install will be scheduled. Yes, the contractor can use the permit you acquired for the 2nd meter installation, as long as it’s not expired.

As you know, San Francisco was brought into the project late and we are currently ramping up. We are getting the local contractors in line and the ECOtality Blink office all set up.

Please be patient, a contractor will be contacting you shortly.

Back