Part Wanted Need the Little charger adaptor for 240-120 volt charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part Wanted
As I noted and gave links to in post 8 of this seemingly never-ending thread, this type of RV adapter will NOT work for an EV, you need a specific EV adapter as an RV adapter will give you 0 volts to the EVSE. The op needs to purchase an EV adapter or the OEM and be done with it :)
As pointed out in post 8, RV adapters are cheaper due to larger sales but won't work.

As I noted and gave links to in post 8 of this seemingly never-ending thread, this type of RV adapter will NOT work for an EV, you need a specific EV adapter as an RV adapter will give you 0 volts to the EVSE. The op needs to purchase an EV adapter or the OEM and be done with it :)
As pointed out in post 8, RV adapters are cheaper due to larger sales but won't work.
I was able to get this to work at some campgrounds but it would kick out the 30 amp circuit breaker.

Parkworld 885545 Combiner, RV Splitter V Adapter Cord 5-15P & TT-30P male to 14-50R female. Seems like there must be a way to peg the voltage on an adapter that works and find an adapter with the same properties.​

I was able to get this to work at some campgrounds but it would kick out the 30 amp circuit breaker.

Parkworld 885545 Combiner, RV Splitter V Adapter Cord 5-15P & TT-30P male to 14-50R female. Seems like there must be a way to peg the voltage on an adapter that works and find an adapter with the same properties.​

There is and it is the one listed for EV's and not the one listed for RV's Parkworld list both types, just get the one that is for EV's to use with your EV charger.

Cornbinder89 is correct. A normal 120v to 240v RV adapter will put the same 120v leg on both the hot sides of a 240v plug, OK for most RV use(except of course a 240v device in the RV) but will give 0 volts to an EVSE as an EVSE doesn't use a neutral, A EVSE would want the neutral on one of the hot legs of the 240v outlet and 120v on the other. Using this type of EV adapter on an RV will possibly give you nothing on 1/2 of the 120v outlets and 120v on the other, or worse, I personally wouldn't risk this type of adapter on an RV. Could get weird backfeeding voltages due to no neutral for the RV where it's expecting the neutral to be.

Last edited:
Back