NC Leaf Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YEA!! My account just updated also, Delivery week of Dec 9th.

8/4/11 Reserved my new Leaf.
8/8/11 Request for a Quote.
8/9/11 Quote received and accepted.
8/9/11 Order confirmed.
8/13/11 Estimated Delivery: Pending
9/9/11 Estimated Delivery: Month of December 2011
10/28/11 Estimated Delivery: Week of Dec. 9th.

Well it's getting close to delivery date (at least that's what I've been led to believe) :) I figured it was time to make a decision about charging. Do I pay $3,000 to Nissan's people or do I purchase the same unit for sale on E-Bay for less than $650. I just purchased the last one and will have it in 4 days. I already have the 40amp breaker and I priced the wire at $150. What to do with the $2,200 I saved, can anybody say down payment............... :lol:

Hello, fellow NC LEAFers.

I found out from online chat with Nissan that mine is due to arrive the week of December 23rd.

I live in Orange County, equidistant from Durham, Chapel Hill and Hillsborough. My two practical dealer options (i.e., one charge driving range) were Michael Jordan Nissan in Durham and Carolina Nissan in Burlington. Michael Jordan was about $700 more than Carolina, due to higher documentation fees and dealer add-on. I went with Carolina Nissan (MSRP + $850 dest + $142 tag/filing + $600 dealer add + 3% tax).

I'm in Piedmont EMC territory, so I can't take advantage of Duke or Progress EVSE offers, and PEMC doesn't have any incentives thus far. My present plan for EVSE is EVSEupgrade.com to add L2 capability to my Nissan/Panasonic L1. I'll wait and see if any other special offers for permanent L2 EVSEs materialize as time goes on.

Has anyone found any public L3 stations in the Triangle / Triad area? On the DOE locator map, Duke University has a private fast charge, but no other listed station is more that L2.

Who would be up for a LEAF rally sometime in early 2012 in the Triangle or eastern Triad?

Ed

Ok, now I am excited. TWO big things happened today:
1) I finally got invited to start up CARWINGS and so had access to my VIN. Apparently the paperwork for mine and several other cars had been shuffled somewhere and not put into the system. I kept wondering how folks with later delivery estimates could have VINs and enabled CARWINGS, when I kept not hearing anything. (four interactions with customer service later, action!)

2) My estimated delivery has been updated. Originally week of Nov 9, then week of Nov 8, then week of Nov 9, and today it says: week of Nov 7!

and NCsunEV - would enjoy a Triangle area rally sometime in early 2012!

IT'S HERE!
I got a call last night that they'd be doing the dealer prep TODAY. Unfortunately, I'm out of town until
early next week, so I cannot pick it up until Tuesday (who knew they would bring it BEFORE the
estimated date).

Meanwhile, my estimated date was pushed from week of Nov 7 to week of November 11 (go figure).

I will have to update my signature on Tuesday, when I pick it up! :D

Congrats, nlagnew! Very exciting.

I've been in touch with Duke University Facilities Management. On the http://www.plugshare.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; site, there is an entry for a CHAdeMO station on the Duke campus. However, the Duke person told me that all charging stations on campus are L2 and L1 only. Also, they have a special car sharing program based on the Volt, so weren't too excited with the mention of the LEAF.

I'll keep trying. Does anyone know what's going on on the UNC-CH campus?

Raleigh is fairly flush with charging stations. I'm curious to know what level of use they are getting.

On Saturday, mine got updated from "month of Dec" to "week of Dec. 1st", carwings opened for me on 11/1 and I have a VIN now too!

Can't wait to hear all the reports from the NC'ers getting their Leaf's in Nov/next week!!

:D
I have my LEAF!!!! It is GREAT to finally have it! I love just looking at in the driveway!

Now if Duke Energy and the fire marshals would decide the Mooresville fire has nothing to do with their charger (how many fires start in garages anyway...). Right now I'm using the supplied L1 charge cord to my front porch-let (bigger than a stoop, smaller than a porch) -- and to reach I have to pull onto the lawn a bit.

Yippeeeee! I was the sales guy's first customer delivery -he had done some deliveries for utility companies and other corporate entities, but mine was the first "plain person".

Better go update my signature!!!

I have my LEAF!!!! It is GREAT to finally have it! I love just looking at in the driveway!......but mine was the first "plain person".

Oh yeah?

As often said at the NC woodworker website, it didn't happen unless you have pictures :twisted: - so PLEASE post a shot of the firsst private NC Leaf!

Oh, I'm not the first private NC leaf - just the first at that dealership. Someone in Holly Springs got theirs
a week before I did!

I have tried to see if I can make the imageshack thing work. Here it is with the other leaves in the driveway:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have not yet removed the dealer's tag or license plate holder from the rear, but that is on my list. I
didn't think it would be polite (or politic) to start removing them right there at the dealership. ;)

Hi there! Guess I'm late to the party...just found this forum.

I ordered my LEAF on 8/11 and expecting delivery "Week of Dec 13" from Crossroads Nissan in Wake Forest.

I started looking at the Progress Energy "plugged in" program well before it was officially announced. I read an N&O article in the paper and tracked down the person at Progress who was running the program, which at that time, had not been kicked off. Anyway, eventually they caught up and accepted me into the program.

HOWEVER, I think I may have been the victim of bad timing on this one. I scheduled my home assessment through the Nissan web site and had the assessment done, and I got an e-mail from a guy at AV who said he was ready to deliver my EVSE quote at just about the time I was "formally" accepted into the Progress Energy program. So I told him about that and he said that was fine, we'd just go through that program and he never delivered the quote.

However, my Nissan account portal still lists the "Home Assessment" as "Quote pending" and "Home Charging Dock" is locked out.

When I go through the Progress Energy/AeroVironment site, it wants me to schedule another assessment before letting me in. I've called and e-mailed several times and kept thinking I was making progress. I last talked to someone at AV who confirmed that it won't let me get to the "schedule installation" phase on their site because there is no record of my assessment, but I gave him my original assessment # and date and he said he'd get it straightened out.

At this point I'm starting get a bit nervous about having it installed in time. I suppose I should've just had them come out for another redundant assessment (I actually did schedule one but called to explain and they cancelled it because they said they would just use my original assessment).

Question for other NC people: how long before your LEAF delivery did you get your charging dock installed? What's the wait list like at this point? Do I need to start bugging these guys every few hours until they get me on the list?

...Lance

My assessment is scheduled for 11/18 and expecting my Leaf the week of 12/12. I also am worried about the timing, but hopefully I will know more tomorrow when they are here for the assessment.

As far as planning for a 'worst-case' scenario, it may behoove you to get a separate quote from an independent electrician about installing a dedicated 240V outlet (ie like a drier outlet) in your garage and get a few prices quotes on an EVSE installation (see page 3-4 of this thread, should cost you about $700-800 for the unit?).

If the pilot program fails or is not installed, you'll have a way to charge, and if the pilot program does work out then you'll have 2 EVSEs in your garage (to service your second or third generation LEAF in 5-8 years)

That's more or less my situation - I had an EVSE installed in October before I knew about the program (granted, I can also use the outlet for my table saw) and should be getting a Duke Energy EVSE in 2-3weeks (they were still interested in installing a second line for me).

Just checked my Nissan account and my delivery date was pushed back :arrow: till 12/02/11. Not a problem since it is still earlier than the original date.........I should still wind up being number one in my part of the world :lol:

I just checked mine and its moved up!! Now week of Dec 1 !. It must have gotten off the boat in Norfolk! Whooohoo
Anyone need/want a 2001 Monte Carlo SS :D

Me too...has gone from Dec 11 to Dec 13 now at Dec 10. I think I really need to pound on AV hard to get an installation. Based on recent reports, I think the cars are showing up quite a bit earlier than the web site states.

As for worst-case scenario, that would just be using a standard 110 outlet until I can get the L2 charger installed. If in 5 years I get a second EV I'll spend the $700-800 then! Plus I think an extra 240 circuit would not quite fit into my panel, at least not easily. The two openings I'll have would be side by side, not top and bottom.

And I'm in the need to sell a car mode too! I wish the cling that Nissan sent me that said "FOR SALE -- Switching to Electric" actually clung!

NuclearLeaf said:
My assessment is scheduled for 11/18 and expecting my Leaf the week of 12/12. I also am worried about the timing, but hopefully I will know more tomorrow when they are here for the assessment.

My experience with the assessment guy is that they don't know a whole lot. They are basically independent contractors and have no idea what the backlog is or any other real details. But who knows! Let us know what you learn.

Back