NC Leaf Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zarwin said:
So if I changed dealerships at this point, is there anything that the new dealership would benefit or the old dealership would lose? If not, then there does not seem to be anything at all to negotiate and its a pure supply/demand model, regardless of reservation.

Buy your Leaf from a dealership in a Tier 1 state and you'll pay just MSRP + destination charge. At least that's what Mossy in San Diego, California is charging me. Sure I have to pay a $77 out-of-state California tire tax fee, but that beats $600 AND my car will be delivered to my door (shipping is included).

Or better yet, contact some Tier 1 dealers to see if they have orphan Leafs (Leafs that someone ordered but when the car arrived, decided not to buy). I'm not sure they'll give you the same deal for an orphan that I got at Mossy, but you don't know until you ask...

Updated information on my order (placed 8/10 thru Modern Nissan (Winston-Salem) NO delivery date yet

8/24 email from them noted "Our service demo is on the way and we have three customers that have put their orders in. We also have two more customers that have registered - I presume their total allocation was three Leafs - any similar info for local dealers?

Also wonder if anyone on MNL is buying thru Modern (or my closer dealer Crown Nissan in Greensboro, not Leaf-certified per current Nissan website)?

Thanks in advance!

sarahnc said:
zarwin said:
So if I changed dealerships at this point, is there anything that the new dealership would benefit or the old dealership would lose? If not, then there does not seem to be anything at all to negotiate and its a pure supply/demand model, regardless of reservation.

Buy your Leaf from a dealership in a Tier 1 state and you'll pay just MSRP + destination charge. At least that's what Mossy in San Diego, California is charging me. Sure I have to pay a $77 out-of-state California tire tax fee, but that beats $600 AND my car will be delivered to my door (shipping is included).

Or better yet, contact some Tier 1 dealers to see if they have orphan Leafs (Leafs that someone ordered but when the car arrived, decided not to buy). I'm not sure they'll give you the same deal for an orphan that I got at Mossy, but you don't know until you ask...
Sarah,
How do sales taxes (CA/NC) factor into your equation? Unfortunately, this doesn't work for Illinois because it would forfeit the IL State rebate of ~$3.5k.

lukati said:
Sarah,
How do sales taxes (CA/NC) factor into your equation? Unfortunately, this doesn't work for Illinois because it would forfeit the IL State rebate of ~$3.5k.

No California sales tax because it is an out of state sale, I'll pay NC sales tax when I register the car here.

NC doesn't have a rebate...but we do get to use the NC HOV lanes with only one occupant! Woo hoo! Especially since I don't think we have ANY in NC. :D

--Sarah

More updates from Greensboro [edited 9/15]: main news is that some LEAFs are available in the Triad for test drives. I placed my order August 10, no delivery date yet (reportedly mid-December per my Nissan dealer - a few local MNL members seem luckier with mid-November dates...)

Crown Nissan Greensboro----------MSRP+____; demo arrived 9/12, Better Bus. Bur.: A+, [Brad Killam 292-9191, [email protected]]
Modern Nissan Winston-Salem------MSRP + $495 +$850 del; demo arrived 9/12, BBB: A+,Contact: Joe Joy 767-8260
Carolina Nissan Burlington----------MSRP + $599 + $850 del.; demo arrived 9/12, BBB: A+ [Ricky Duncan 584-0201]

Crown Nissan IS now LEAF certified.
BTW, Marty Hedgecock (electrician from Summerfield NC) installed a new garage 240V circuit for my SPX powerXpress at $360 (note UNDER budget, original estimate ~$550). Excellent work overall, nice guy, very punctual and enthusiastic, and great reviews on Craigslist.

xraydelta said:
rnkepler said:
Any other triangle residents sign up for Progress Energy's Plugged In Program? They're only taking 150 people from the area.

I applied but haven't heard back. How long do they take to notify you?

No idea. Looks like AV is running the program though. I sent them a message through their website asking when I could expect a response. At this point they only have 5 - 6 weeks before the cars start arriving.

xraydelta said:
rnkepler said:
Any other triangle residents sign up for Progress Energy's Plugged In Program? They're only taking 150 people from the area.

Can't give any insight into Progress Energy's program, but I was able to get into Duke's Charge Carolinas program. They were very responsive and prompt only taking 5 days from when I applied to responding. I got in Sept. 16th.

Can't give any insight into Progress Energy's program, but I was able to get into Duke's Charge Carolinas program. They were very responsive and prompt only taking 5 days from when I applied to responding. I got in Sept. 16th

I've also been very impressed with followup by Duke's ChargeCarolina Program - I signed up in late August (then forgot to sign/return their contracts), got a same day reply to email query last week re status, then several prompt followup calls about getting a home evaluation for possible installation of their charger.
Apparently they're quite interested in signing up folks, and have been very helpful by phone - if I'm lucky, they'll be showing up this week to evaluate my service panel since I will need subpanel installed

Also, I test drove the LEAF at the Crown Nissan in Greensboro last week - they have a Black 2011 SL, and after months of reading/learning it was a blast to even do a short test-drive; as most of y'all know, it was amazingly quiet, zippy/fun for city driving, yet frustrating since I'm still months from delivery.
Brad at Crown was quite knowlegeable and enthusiastic, and was very helpful overall - I kinda regret not having been able to get quote and order from them since they're closer and I've been happy with a prior Crown purchase, but since they were not LEAF certified until after I had my reservation and quote I'm committed to buying thru Modern in Winston-Salem...

xraydelta said:
rnkepler said:

Someone from Nissan called me to let me know I should call Progress Energy. I left a voicemail and someone just called me from Progress to let me know I'm in the program and that they will install week of Oct 15. (I already had an assessment done). They will pay for upto $1500 for installation. :D

xraydelta said:
xraydelta said:
rnkepler said:

Someone from Nissan called me to let me know I should call Progress Energy. I left a voicemail and someone just called me from Progress to let me know I'm in the program and that they will install week of Oct 15. (I already had an assessment done). They will pay for upto $1500 for installation. :D

What number did they give to you to call Progress Energy? I got a call from Nissan as well but there was some confusion about the Progress number to call. Ended up going through their main customer service and they didn't have a clue about the program.

rnkepler said:
xraydelta said:

What number did they give to you to call Progress Energy? I got a call from Nissan as well but there was some confusion about the Progress number to call. Ended up going through their main customer service and they didn't have a clue about the program.

They gave me 888-810-0399. It'a voicemail so I left a message but they did call me back this morning and I got a confirmation mail this morning after the call. Email says:

We are pleased to notify you that you have been confirmed for participation in the Progress Energy's Plugged In Program for free home charging equipment for electric vehicles...

AeroVironment Inc.
Customer Service

Phone: 1-888-833-2148
E-mail: [email protected]

Good luck!

xraydelta said:
They gave me 888-810-0399. It'a voicemail so I left a message but they did call me back this morning and I got a confirmation mail this morning after the call. Email says:

We are pleased to notify you that you have been confirmed for participation in the Progress Energy's Plugged In Program for free home charging equipment for electric vehicles...

AeroVironment Inc.
Customer Service

Phone: 1-888-833-2148
E-mail: [email protected]

Good luck!

Yeah, that's the original phone # that Nissan gave me before they called me back and gave me Progress Energy's customer service number. So I called it back, left a voice mail and got the same email although they said they would be in touch with me about getting an assessment since I have the AV waiver on my account. Never thought I'd actually end up with an AV charger but I'll take it if its free. I'll still probably go ahead and get EVSE upgrade as well since my parents have a 240V plug in their garage.

I had a Month of Dec as my delivery. I Just got an email saying the delivery had been updated and I did a live chat and they say it's in transit to the port and will be at Southern States Nissan Raleigh NC on Dec 6th!!!

ChargePoint installed by Duke Energy in their charge Carolina pilot.
DSC_1102.JPG

https://picasaweb.google.com/JustFo...geChargerInstalled?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Now when do I try to sell my car or just trade it in, bad thing is my tags expire November 30th...

The Carwings section is now open on the Leaf site as well!

Woot!

Back